What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youth Policy

Anonymous

Juniors
To say Harrison isn't ready is a real laugh. Fair dinkum, the bloke's been our best backrower when on the field the last 2 weeks. I'd be starting him this weekend.

Collis really doesn't look ready. I suppose there's no harm in giving him another shot now the season is gone, but yesterday was pretty piss poor.

@ Vicious, noone is ridiculing the youngsters, they're ridiculing YOU!

bonstonker

Juniors
maybe i should have read your next reply. :lol:

especially gibbs in the backrow,i do like his workrate in defense,but his attack still needs some more work for me to think much of him right now.

i've got no probs with short spells,i have actually been thinking about that the last few weeks.
surely there is someone in our club who we can send out there for 10-15min and tell him to go f**king nuts.

i think small is worth the punt and should be given a shot at it.
anything that might help fire the rest up and follow.
actually i really don't care who it is,as long as they go nuts,so will i.

innsaneink

Referee
Who gives a flying f**k?????

If we get beat by 50 with all the old guys.....

or if we get beat by 50 with the young guys.....

Im seriously starting to think we should start giving the young guys more time...

My only concern in the past has been the thrashings we may get and what that will do for their confidence.

Very few players go thru a career without experiencing a 50 point flogging at some stage....

Right thru from the 8's....the 13's....HM's, flegg etc etc

Thrashings in first grade can be a good guide if a player is ready for first grade or not,.......its one thing being a rookie and playing in a winning team and having the goods.
Its another to be hammered and hammered but then get up for a win occasionally and they continually back up again and again....then you know theyre first grade material.

I spose what Im trying to say is if they can handle a hammering in firsts....then you know theyll be OK cause the only other way is up....if they cant handle it...they were never gunna be good enuff.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
I Just wanna have the best possible side for winning this week and in my opinion it concerns mainly senior players.

yappy

Bench
I Just wanna have the best possible side for winning this week and in my opinion it concerns mainly senior players

Then the future will remain bleak because any young kid with talent will leave at the very first opportunity if they cannot get a run in front of pensioners that are crap.

Thrashings in first grade can be a good guide if a player is ready for first grade or not,.......its one thing being a rookie and playing in a winning team and having the goods.
Its another to be hammered and hammered but then get up for a win occasionally and they continually back up again and again....then you know theyre first grade material.
That's it ink. Hodgo was about the only junior from our 98-99 sides that made it. It wasn't because the floggings destroyed the other young guys, it was because Hodgo was the only one that was any good. Remember the foul ups he used to make too back then? But he kept having a dig, week after week. Some of the youngsters today will have to cop some floggings too, but if they are good enough they'll be better for it.

surely there is someone in our club who we can send out there for 10-15min and tell him to go f***ing nuts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: if f*cking nuts is what you want mate then Sweeney's your man. (he won't help your penalty counts though)

tigermania

Juniors
I have been watching this game for nearly 50yrs and sorry Benji & Dean are the only young ones that will make the grade .The truth is we were all Conned in thinking this crop were the start of something special.In actual fact the club has nothing no use deceiving ourselves.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
tigermania said:
I have been watching this game for nearly 50yrs and sorry Benji & Dean are the only young ones that will make the grade .The truth is we were all Conned in thinking this crop were the start of something special.In actual fact the club has nothing no use deceiving ourselves.

The font of wisdom speaks. I guess the rest of us have been watching beach volleyball all our lives

cheers

s. tiger

innsaneink

Referee
tigermania said:

Dean Collis?.....or do you mean DENE Halatau?

Funny, with 50 years experience its only now you come to this conclusion?

PYMBLEPETE

Juniors
What can't be good for the confidence of the young players is the current practice of being in for a week, then dropped, then on the bench, then dropped again. Fulton in particular has suffered this fate. Fulton has done absolutely nothing wrong in the appearances he has made so far. He's had a few runs at 5/8 in PL; surely he must get a run now in firsts ahead of Wilson or Beutner.

PYMBLEPETE

Juniors
What can't be good for the confidence of the young players is the current practice of being in for a week, then dropped, then on the bench, then dropped again. Fulton in particular has suffered this fate. Fulton has done absolutely nothing wrong in the appearances he has made so far. He's had a few runs at 5/8 in PL; surely he must get a run now in firsts ahead of Wilson or Beutner.

Latest posts