What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yow Yeh retires

pinkmoon

Juniors
Jharal Yow Yeh has this morning announced he will retire from the game of rugby league.

The 24-year-old cannot continue to fight continuing complications brought about by an injury suffered in an NRL game in Perth two years ago.

Prior to the injury, he had already produced a sparkling career, playing State of Origin for Queensland and Tests for Australia by the time he was 22.

Broncos’ chief executive Paul White said while it was terrible news for the player, the Broncos and rugby league in general, Yow Yeh’s future was the only concern.

http://www.nrl.com/yow-yeh-announces-retirement/tabid/10874/newsid/76873/default.aspx

I was never his biggest fan (him being a Bronco and a Queenslander and all) but I am very saddened by the news that this guy's passion and livelihood has been taken away from him at such a young age. It must be hard for the man, and to think that he fought so hard for so long to no avail, my heart goes out to him.

TruSaint

Referee
Best wishes to him, its a tragedy at that age to be cut short.

In some way, shape or form, he will be back on some sporting arena.

No doubt.

Minh

First Grade
Such a tragedy he was well on the way to being tied for second best winger in the game with Nighty and behind B Moz.;-)

Jokes aside he was going to be close to the best, he was that good, wish him all the best in retirement, very sad to hear.

The Cobra

Juniors
Very sad news,even though he is a Qlander I still appreciated his unbelievable talent & skill.Wish him all the best & I hope the NRL helps him with his future.

kit66

Bench
Poor kid. All the best to him. He'll have a pretty good hi-lights reel to show his grand kids you'd think.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Fairy tales are for the films. They said he lost some speed and he might be a centre or end up in the forwards but his injuries are certainly long term and not to be panel beated. Good on him for trying to get back I say. On the topic of qlders; fair enough we all dislike the broncos but plenty of qlders have pulled on the red v. Coyne, bartrim, wendell, darius, fien and tallis are only a couple of blokes from qld. Will be cracking ten origins I think.

Ulysseus

Bench
Should go to one of those f**ked up countries and stem cell the shit out of it or something.
If you want to - there has to be a way, even if it is morally "wrong".
Just don't tell any one you are doing it.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Talk of him potentially taking up the whistle. The more players reffing the better imo. Except for Perenara that is. The merkin...