What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zabeel

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Maybe because Hong Kong doesn't have a breeding industry that's why they don't have big 2/3 year old races

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Yeah,Elegant Fashion was the first filly since 1976 to win the Hong Kong Derby,she raced in Australia before going to Honkers

Foz

Bench
Tie The Knot was one of the most underrated horses ever.13 group ones left him behind only Black Caviar and Kingston Town and equal with Sunline.Also I thought he was poorly ridden in a few races.
Never forget the day he ran 2nd in about his 3rd or 4th start at Rosehill.Had him going in the double with a thing that paid $130 in the first leg.The filly of Anthony Cummings fell in to beat him with Tie The Knot flashing home down the outside.(Cummings filly who I forget its name was pretty good but no doubt Tie The Knot Should of won).He was a maiden at the time but you just knew he was good.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Tie The Knot was one of the most underrated horses ever.13 group ones left him behind only Black Caviar and Kingston Town and equal with Sunline.Also I thought he was poorly ridden in a few races.
Never forget the day he ran 2nd in about his 3rd or 4th start at Rosehill.Had him going in the double with a thing that paid $130 in the first leg.The filly of Anthony Cummings fell in to beat him with Tie The Knot flashing home down the outside.(Cummings filly who I forget its name was pretty good but no doubt Tie The Knot Should of won).He was a maiden at the time but you just knew he was good.

On Air

Horrie Is God

First Grade
The Zabeel legend gets a new chapter..

Bounding led all the way to win the Railway Stakes in NZ today..

She became Lonhro's 6th Gp1 winner..

Foz

Bench

On Air that was it.
Tie The Knot lost a group one on protest too.
Thought at the time the decision was right but the horse that beat him that time wasn't the most (lets just say)courageous of all time so I always had doubts about that decision.
I don't mean to put the other horse down just that if it got down to a one on one fight between the two rather than a stewards decision the result mightn't of been what the stewards decided.
Can't remember its name either.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
It was a Saddlers Wells entire called Darazari in the Ranvet..

It was also contentious because of the interest the breeding industry had in a Saddlers Wells winning a GP1 out here..

It was a shocking decision on par with the Villiers where Takeover Target lost the race to Honor in War..

Both Darazari & Honor in War never won another race after their protest wins..

And both TTK & TT went on to win multiple GP1's subsequently..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee i must be on my Pat Malone on here i always thought Tie The Knot was a bit of a paper champion. Great in Sydney winning some pretty average WFA races but was found out time and time again in Melbourne. Did win 2 Sydney cups but i don't know probably being a little harsh.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I reckon you are being harsh..

He did win 13 GP1's..it's pretty hard to find 13 weak GP1's..

He wasn't the same horse in Melbourne, but he did win an Underwood, beating Jezabeel,Dane Ripper, Aerosmith, Istidaad, & interestingly Darazari..

Plus it was Sunline beating him in Melbourne, mostly..

Plus 4 Chipping Norton's..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I just don't think he was an out and out champion as a lot of people claimed, he was a very very good horse who was expertly placed and managed by a brilliant trainer. He was no Occy,Might and Power,Northerly or Lonhro imo.

Foz

Bench
I backed Tie the Knot to beat Lonhro the time Tie The Knot was going for 4 Chipping Nortons I think.
Theyd met early in the campaign in a Warwick Stakes or similar race which Lonhro won and Tie the Knot was unplaced.There were doubts over Tie The Knot because he went really sour in the Spring in Melbourne.
Anyway I backed Tie the Knot on the Wednesday before the race at $5.
On the Thursday or Friday they scratched Lonhro.
I was under the impression that if my horse was scratched I did my money so when Lonhro was scratched(he was around $1.60-$1.80)I thought my bet stood and Id be paid at the $5 i was set for.
I only had $50 on Tie the Knot but only got paid the evens or whatever price Tie The Knot started at.
Turned me off backing early forever.

Anyway I got lucky once with Lonhro.
Guy Walter had a horse named Defier who was pretty handy.Backed Defier to beat him and got the cash the next year in one of the Sydney WFA races..I think Defier beat him a couple of times and also finished in front of him once or twice in Cox Plates.
Lonhro got me back though.I was on the thing that Lonhro beat in the Australian Cup.I was the only bloke in Australia hoping Lonhro wouldnt get out.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lonhro never handled Moonee Valley for some reason, failed badly in two Cox Plates but loved Caulfield.

Total opposite to the mighty Kingston town who won two Caulfield Stakes but never got around Caulfield or really the Melbourne way of going. If he did he would have won over 20 group 1's and probably be rated the best ever.

Tommy rated Tulloch higher he must have been an amazing horse. Beat the legendary Todman as a 2 yr old in the sires. My dad's best mate worked for TJ and said Tulloch was a length better than the King massive wrap indeed.

Last edited:

Foz

Bench
I watched Kingston Town run live many times.i was a groupie lol.
Saw about a dozen of his Sydney wins live.I will never forget his acceleration.
Took my younger brother to Randwick once for a George Main and the strapper stopped the King in Front of us.
We patted the great horse and I told my brother to never forget this day.Years later he still reminds me of it.
I actually said never wash your hands again but sounds a bit dirty now.
Followed him to Melbourne as well but only went to the Flemington Races.He was 2 2nds and a third last from 3 starts there.Best maiden in Flemington history.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I watched Kingston Town run live many times.i was a groupie lol.
Saw about a dozen of his Sydney wins live.I will never forget his acceleration.
Took my younger brother to Randwick once for a George Main and the strapper stopped the King in Front of us.
We patted the great horse and I told my brother to never forget this day.Years later he still reminds me of it.
I actually said never wash your hands again but sounds a bit dirty now.
Followed him to Melbourne as well but only went to the Flemington Races.He was 2 2nds and a third last from 3 starts there.Best maiden in Flemington history.
If Mal didn't go sooooo early and Dittman getting the best run ever on Gurners lane the Mighty King would have had the cup with 62.5kgs and would be rated as the champion he deserved.

Amazing two of the greatest ever in the King and Tulloch didn't win the cup but some absolute scrubs did, different race now these days need a touch of class and a turn of foot to win.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Race 2 at Flemington today a 2 year old colt Called "Divan" is making its debut

Breeding

Zabeel/Seachange

Im sure most of you will remember the great little NZ mare Seachange

2 year old Zabeel colt on debut over 1400m,im sure they will be happy to see him running home late into 4th/5th,anything better a bonus

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Race 2 at Flemington today a 2 year old colt Called "Divan" is making its debut

Breeding

Zabeel/Seachange

Im sure most of you will remember the great little NZ mare Seachange

2 year old Zabeel colt on debut over 1400m,im sure they will be happy to see him running home late into 4th/5th,anything better a bonus
Pretty sure they paid 700k for him, there is another Zabeel running in the 1400m trained by Freedman ran a pretty good 5th on debut you would think the extra 200m and big track should suit him.

My Filly is heading back for her 2nd pre training prep on monday. Hopefully she gets a run to two in the spring.