What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Gordon

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I don't. He's too quick, too smart & has too many skills. He should run wide.
The reason he is not good for prop is his height, or lack of it. We need somebody to penetrate the line at height. Somebody who will suck & fold the defensive line back. Gal would run off the next play

Frailty

First Grade
Gallen can obviously play the position & would be one of the better props. To me though, its just a waste of talent.

I can see what you are saying, but I wouldn't see his role being too different from what it is now. If he were to play a traditional prop role, it would be a waste. But he isn't playing a traditional Lock or Second Row role now.

Some of the best sides have had props which have more skill than the Weyman-style of prop. Seventycentsperlitre is a prime example - he has excellent skills to hit the line, draw people in, and give a pass out the back for wider play (it's something the Panthers haven't utilised that well).

The only difference I would see in Gallen's role would be his number on his back, and maybe not get involved in AS MANY backline movements as he does now.

Latest posts