What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

The Panthers can hardly complain when they've won the last 3 comps. They think it'll be unfair if they don't win their 4th or 5th in row?
Exactly.

They get their benefit because of where they are located geographically in a growth area. Good fortune. Not because they are especially giving or generous.

They even tried for Fifita.

They are as ruthless as everybody else.

if I was running the nrl, I’d bring them into hq and ask them why I shouldn’t reduce their cap.

Whinging and stuff gets old.

Reddragon

Bench
Exactly.

They get their benefit because of where they are located geographically in a growth area. Good fortune. Not because they are especially giving or generous.

They even tried for Fifita.

They are as ruthless as everybody else.

if I was running the nrl, I’d bring them into hq and ask them why I shouldn’t reduce their cap.

Whinging and stuff gets old.
You'd be typical NRL headquarters then. Just ignore the Roosters and concentrate on everyone else!

I have read all the negativity towards Zac on this thread, from disloyalty , greed, being a show pony to having his manager script his quotes.
While I'm not ruling out a clash of personalites between he and Flanagan or Hunt, or both, my take for the major reason he turned his back on his final two years with the club he'd bleed for, is that the man has finally had a gut full of having to go in search of the ball due to the poor service from our inept halves year after year. Lay bets that over the past three seasons you could count on two hands the times Zac has gotten clean ball in space instead of having to confront three hulking defenders waiting to shove his face into the turf. He wont have this problem at the Eels as I see his game going to another level given their quality halves and spine.

Last edited:

Harry Bath

Juniors
''I try to pride myself on being a football player and I love my teammates and I love being able to play wherever that is for the team … they’re the best bunch of boys to play with.” (Zac Lomax)

Does this sound like a bloke who wants out of our club willingly. No it does not. C'mon BOD, is time to come clean with your disgruntled fans. Also keep us in touch with the negotiations for JDB and Jayden S'ua.
And Sloan, he is improving each week, a must keep

Rocket Rod

Juniors
I have read all the negativity towards Zac on this thread, from disloyalty , greed, being a show pony to having his manager script his quotes.
While I'm not ruling out a clash of personalites between he and Flanagan or Hunt, or both, my take for the major reason he turned his back on his final two years with the club he'd bleed for, is that the man has finally had a gut full of having to go in search of the ball due to the poor service from our inept halves year after year. Lay bets that over the past three seasons you could count on two hands the times Zac has gotten clean ball in space instead of having to confront three hulking defenders waiting to shove his face into the turf. He wont have this problem at the Eels as I see his game going to another level given their quality halves and spine.
The last time I looked the eels were below us on the table and have been for most part of the season
I think there there is more to it than what you think
For some one to take a 200k pa pay cut and go to a side that is at best on the same scale as us makes you wonder why
Also what is up with his manager I thought they were supposed to get their clients top dollar
Very interesting

Through the ups and the downs, your club has turned him into the player he is today.

And I think he’s quite a good player these days especially.

And the club has reared him well, paid him good money and for the most part taken good care of him.

There was the boxing prohibition, but the club has a right to protect its investment and boxing injuries can be fatal.

Whatever a player earns, you can factor in the costs of making him operational and it adds up to a lot more.

And the “social investment” as well that is given to players.

He’s turned his back on all of this, ok, but it’s not the easiest time for the club and all those who nurtured and supported him.

And instead of waiting to see how the spells of Flanno turn out, I.e for the good of the club ( and that’s Flanno’s ambition).

He’s just bolted.

And we haven’t been given any proper reason. So the negativity is tied up with frustration.

I said is before, even at his relativity high price, he was a solid utility back and fb and worth it.

No one wants him harmed but people are hurt.

Ultimately, the club didn’t want a player dictating their terms beyond a certain point. Otherwise, the floodgates open don’t they?

I just don’t like his bullshit about caring for people. His one millionth game and all that love talk for the boys was all theatre.

And I think a number of officials and others weren’t there. Making the point known.

Loyalty matters to some people. It’s really important.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I honestly feel Parra got a whiff that Zac was not happy last year and have been in his ear since. Having a ex-Eel as his player manager just makes this situation so obvious. Saints on the other hand sort of let it happen and could have easily gone to the NRL about this but thought that the Lomax money will be used to strengthen the team which is clearly not going to happen.

SFlanno obviously thought he can bring any player to Saints from his Sharks days and is finding out more and more that Saints is not a club players are attracted to unlike his time at the Sharks. If there is no like for like replacement for Zac then it will be a huge screw up letting go of the Saints most damaging player this season. Take Lomax out of Saints and the attack is so bad. I would not be counting on Schuster as the like for like replacement but I feel he will be the one Flanno will have in mind in terms of getting a damaging player who can set up something out of nothing.

Latest posts