What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

st.phil

Bench
I think that most of our promising players will leave as Mary will not select them. The Club Management stuffed up the NSW Cup Roster last year by shedding players like Lewis, Mc Carthy, Nona and Wakeman and retaining crocks like Glymin and Isaac Thompson. Field was talked up for nothing along with Lawrie both of whom showed little in NSW Cup.
Lawrie and Field are both great prospects - lewis nona and wakeman are reallllly killing it at other clubs yeah? Honestly, Mary has his flaws but he is treated like a war criminal on these boards! Besides...thats Millwards call on retention.

Belta

Juniors
Yep, defensively our outside backs have been basket cases. We live in hope that Lomax or another junior will come through and can be as good defensively as Matt Cooper.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I was surprised Saints re-signed Lafai with these kids coming through. He will cost us one for sure as he will be a reason they don't play FG. Saints definatly have plenty of depth this year so injuries cannot be used as an excuse for Mary.

RufusRex

Post Whore
a top 12 defensive centre and probably top 4-5 in attacking ability ... he bloody well should keep kids out of first grade. Errors in his game yes but the pro's outweight the cons by orders of magnitude. A lot more reason to re-sign him than a bloke like Aitken.

As for Gas .. he played his first game at centre within three weeks and a couple more later. The reason he didn't break into centre straight away was that we had Timmins/Ainscough/Hookey playing centre that season. hookey in the middle of his best season pretty much ever scoring a shit load. The following year Hookey went to the panthers and Gaz had a spot open up. History done.

possm

Coach
Dennis
As I have stated before .
I would have mann.
I would have Herbert and garrick ahead of lomax at this stage.
But hopefully the coach will be adventurous and pick the young guys.
Give them a go in the trails then see how they go.
Sould be interesting.

I suppose we will see how they all perform very soon. I'm still picking Lomax to make his debut prior to Herbert. What is to be done with Field? Now that he has beefed up will he get a shot at one wing spot?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I suppose we will see how they all perform very soon. I'm still picking Lomax to make his debut prior to Herbert. What is to be done with Field? Now that he has beefed up will he get a shot at one wing spot?

Possm
You hope they would give him a run in the trails and see how he goes

possm

Coach
One of my biggest problems with McGregor is the way he treats Mann.
He insists on using him as a utility whereas it would be much more productive to choose a position and make him a starter. Center, wing it doesn't matter but give the kid first preference and watch him go.
Mann has a lot of ability, is a damn good defender and plays with heart.
It must be soul destroying sitting on the bench, knowing that you can do better than the starting line up.
I think he is miles better than Aitkin and would shore up our defence out wide.
Starting centre for me.
Lomax introduced into FG on the wing.
Mann and Lomax on the left edge with Lafai and a young gun of the right.

BennyV

Referee
You'd think that considering McGregor was once a representative centre, this is one position he could straighten out and make work.
Can't wait to see what he comes up with.
Dont need to wait. The backline will be Dufty, Nightingale, Lafai, Aitken and Macdonald with Mann on the bench.

IMO the only back who deserves a lock in a starting spot is Lafai. The rest should be up for grabs.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Agree.Cooper was a better defender, better club man and harder worker, but in terms of ability Gasnier is the best back we've had in the JV IMO.
I'm talking about all round if your judging attack only then no question Gasnier but all round Matt Cooper will do me any day wish we had a couple now .....

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I'm talking about all round if your judging attack only then no question Gasnier but all round Matt Cooper will do me any day wish we had a couple now .....
Even all around, Gasnier is way ahead, Gasnier positional play(defence) let him down slightly, but he could defend no problem, could attack with the best of them, could win you a game on his own, Cooper was the best defensive centre in the game, had strength, but he would never win you a game with hes attacking abilities, put them on the open market at their best, Gasnier gets the million dollar deal, in saying that both Cooper/Gasnier complemented each other one of the best centre pairing ever in the NRL..

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Dont need to wait. The backline will be Dufty, Nightingale, Lafai, Aitken and Macdonald with Mann on the bench.

IMO the only back who deserves a lock in a starting spot is Lafai. The rest should be up for grabs.

If Mann gets selected anywhere in the top 17, I'll eat something unpalatable.