What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Drag Queen

Bench
Quite a few of the forum members have noted throughout the season about just how promising a prospect this young man is . One among many that will hopefully see plenty of 1st grade in 2018 .

Back to Zac himself , what a big boy for his age , height , weight and skill in abundance , the future certainly is looking bright for him . Hope that Recruitment realise this also and lock this bloke up long term , before one of the ' no-cap ' clubs poach him .
How long is he contracted to us Gareth?

possm

Coach
I also hate seeing a player standing motionless, being held around the legs and up high and a third player charges in at their spine/rib cage etc...but with the importance of off loading I'd say trying adjust the rules to police this would be very difficult. Even more so with some of the power house forwards that are capable of breaking free from multiple defenders.
Lomax is the logical replacement for Dugan. Mary should arrange a sprint race over various lengths to see what he has in his squad; can't believe he doesn't know.

The way to open up the game and reduce the number of times backs are gang tackled by 3 or more defenders is to stand both sides back 10mtrs. Any attempt to gang up once the backs have speed under their belt would leave gaping holes in the defence. This rule would encourage and possibly re-introduce a version of the one-on-one legs crash tackle that Raper and Billy Smith were so famous for. No more easy marks by big bulky forwards, it would be cut him down first go around the legs or wave goodbye has the quicker back heads for the try line..

possm

Coach
There's an endless list of them. Hope Lomax proves to be an exception
I've always thought that Lomax would end up being our first choice fullback. He has all of the attributes except for experience to make a very good fist of the position.

We have some budding centres and wingers also coming through and it also wouldn't hurt for Lomax to be introduced into first grade via the wing or centre position. Our problem will always be linked to decisions made by Mary. Does he have the judgement required, will he drop slower players who are below form for a fresh young player who is killing it in reserve grade. If we go on past seasons, we may very well be disapointed.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, what to glean from this article.
1. Lomax needz to show that he can handle the transition to play against men.
2. Although his stated preference is fullback McGregor States they are training him at Center and on the wing.
3. Obviously placed in the top 30 for his potential and to play first grade in 2018

Given this info i think centre or wing will be his debut.
It wouldnt suprise me to see him on Nighty's wing outside of Lafai or they will shift Nene to centre and Lomax to his wing but I dont see that working as well as outside of Lafai because it would give us 2 tall options on both wings and some pace.
So basically either Nighty or Aitken would be the one to give way to him.
I also think we have to give Dufty his opportunity to cement that fullback spot before making any other decisions.
Finally, i think Pat Herbert is another that deserves an opportunity as well.

watatank

Coach
It would be the 'safer' choice for Lomax to train at wing or centre and that's where he probably starts his career but I hope he has a shot at fullback. He seems like he could offer a lot from there. (and we still need one)

watatank

Coach
Tom Carr was also talked up and has gone nowhere.

Not in the same way. Carr played about half a season of U20s and then got a one year contract extension. There's only so much you can talk a player like that up.

A lot of people rate Lomax, not just within the club. He's basically been picked in every junior rep team there is. He's more like Jack Bird.

st.phil

Bench
Tom Carr was a roughie long shot, Lomax is getting talked up by Fitter / current NSW couch. Different. Excited to see this kid start, I'd throw him on a wing to start and go with duff or field at FB. Height more important on wing than FB

Drag Queen

Bench
Tom Carr was a roughie long shot, Lomax is getting talked up by Fitter / current NSW couch. Different. Excited to see this kid start, I'd throw him on a wing to start and go with duff or field at FB. Height more important on wing than FB
Defence wise I would beg to differ. We simply can't let the opposition's tries get through that easily. The last few games of the season showed that in spades.

Life's Good

Coach
There's an endless list of them. Hope Lomax proves to be an exception
Agreed. It’s about time we had another promising junior back come through(fingers crossed for Dufty as well).
We seem to be building nicely in the forwards so hopefully that flows to the backs. Then coach.....