What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac , Tristan and Steven

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Rightio. Still, though...should he? I mean, Ash Taylor and Nathan Cleary have shown it can be done, but for every Cleary or Taylor there are a dozen Tim Smiths.

Agreed, I don't think he should be thrusted into first grade, he needs that time in NSW Cup so he's not overwhelmed by the jump.

I also think that if he plays first grade, it shouldn't be on the wing. He needs to be playing in his preferred position of centre or fullback. Wasting away on the wing isn't going to help his development at all.

We're onto a good one here with Zac, he needs to be nurtured.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Agreed, I don't think he should be thrusted into first grade, he needs that time in NSW Cup so he's not overwhelmed by the jump.

I also think that if he plays first grade, it shouldn't be on the wing. He needs to be playing in his preferred position of centre or fullback. Wasting away on the wing isn't going to help his development at all.

Exactly tom
He will play some state cup for sure and some u 20s.
Just like robson and field did this year.

BennyV

Referee

Disagree that he shouldnt be blooded on the wing - loads of centres and fullbacks enter first grade via the wing, as it allows them to get a feel for the speed and impact of first grade without the workload, particularly with regards to decision making.

Cooper and Gasnier are obvious examples of our own club legends that enter via the wing, but some of the best centres and fullbacks of the last few years are in the same boat - Inglis, RTS, Hodges, Roberts, Gagai, etc. It's definitely the norm, especially for younger blokes.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Here's a little video of Zac if nobody has seen him play before. Obviously footage is limited of the lower grades.

Thanks. After watching that twice, I am convinced that Zac should definitely be one of our starting centres next year. What an exciting prospect.

I am assuming that it was Sailor at 6 in the Illawarra jersey. He looked alright too.

I just showed a mate the clip and he said that Zac has got first grade written all over him.

Last edited:

MrDragon007

Juniors
Thanks. After watching that twice, I am convinced that Zac should definitely be one of our starting centres next year. What an exciting prospect.

I am assuming that it was Sailor at 6 in the Illawarra jersey. He looked alright too.

I just showed a mate the clip and he said that Zac has got first grade written all over him.
He definitely does, but, the problem with that video is its just highlights.
If you watch many games it is clear he has first grade written all over him, but not just yet.
He has a few flaws in his game that have been exposed by young opposition, he will get demolished this raw in first grade.
He will need 2018 to work on the defensive issues, and if he does, he will have a huge future in first grade no doubt.
Attack wise he will be up there, just fix a few problem areas and watch this kid go!!!

Latest posts