What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zappia Scaring supporters?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
if that ever came about gunna - the receivers would make the decision unfortunately
Spider if the leagues club goes down the tube then I obviously would have to accept the football club folding or relocating. My concern is zaps is entertaining the idea to move the football club interstate whilst the leagues club remains a viable proposition but unable to support the team financially.

Quigs

Immortal
I know I do.

Goodbye Rooghbay League, the game that once was a contact sport.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

How about offering Sydney FC a game or 2 during their season ?

Shark Park would have to be cheaper than the SFS, and there is a strong soccer following in the Shire.

spider

Coach
Spider if the leagues club goes down the tube then I obviously would have to accept the football club folding or relocating. My concern is zaps is entertaining the idea to move the football club interstate whilst the leagues club remains a viable proposition but unable to support the team financially.

from previous annual reports the leagues club turns a fair profit, but that is used to support the football club as you can see by the operating profit (not net) compared to football grant

when the next report is released - look at it in detail as opposed to the bottom line

its amazing what pictures accountants can paint

the leagues club would only be able to absorb so much football debt before the line breaks

this is a make or break season for the sharks and that is why zapps would be stressing the crowds need to be there

imo - two more years of turning multi million dollar losses could possibly bring on a relocation

of course i would hate that - but we need to pull our head out of the sand and face a possible sad truth

i find it funny to bag zappia - he has had a very short, but successful tenure to date - where as another body has been at the helm for some time, should they slip under the radar?

roboshark

Coach
zaps loves the nrl and doing the right thing. ( seymour/bird)..why dont we get him to donate our 2 pts to the nrl rather than the nrl taking them off the bulldogs. Would be another 'right' thing to do and keep him in the good with nrl/papers

do it zaps...you know you want to

snoozer

Bench
zaps loves the nrl and doing the right thing. ( seymour/bird)..why dont we get him to donate our 2 pts to the nrl rather than the nrl taking them off the bulldogs. Would be another 'right' thing to do and keep him in the good with nrl/papers

do it zaps...you know you want to

dont encourage the fat f**k!

we'll wake up tomorrow and he'll have given our team to penrith because they didn't benefit from the dogs cheating.

The club is fair dinkum in all sorts.

I reckon there were closer to 5,000 or 6,000 on Monday. Nowhere near 11,000 - what a joke.

I looked around and wondered how they could make any cash.

They were struggling before the economy hit the skids and people started putting their cash away.

The economy is going to get worse.

The Sharks have always had fairly flaky fan loyalty unfortunately.

I don't see how they are going to make any money any time soon.

I love the Sharks but I fear for their future. They need a serious shake-up. I hope TZ is the man for the job.

The Popper

Bench
Winning games brings in the crowds. I'm surprised at this year. I thought after our encouraging performance last year season seat holders would have increased. To my eye, there seems to be less.

SharkShocked

Bench
Of course there will be less.

You can mention the economy all you want and whinge about it affecting people but that's not the only issue.

When you look around the shire where the hell is the marketing of the team, what do they put in place to attract people to the game. Not only is it expensive to go to a game these days, but the half time entertainment is an absolute disgrace (not to say that people would only come for that) and they have absolutely no reward system for a fan that attends all the time or even purchases a season ticket.

Where is the icon of the Sharks in the shire? About the only thing i've ever seen driving home from work is the occasional portable billboard and even those have seemed to die off.

The marketing team is a disgrace pure and simple. Rothfield hit the nail on the head when he said we can no longer have punch drunk footballers running divisions of the leagues club or the football club.

We all know that the Sunday afternoon footy is always going to encourage the biggest crowds because people can go out afterwards and families can bring their kids to the game. At the moment, there's nothing attractive about bringing your kids to the game.

About the only thing they've ever done is have those annoying ET dance schools on the field which i'm sure they get some more adults in to watch their kids, no doubt at a reduced rate.

Situation is a very very poor one and it's really only a matter of time before they go bust.

Inferno

Coach
Winning OR entertaining brings people through the gates. Shame we aren't looking so good for the former, and are far worse in the latter.

I agree that days of ex-football players or trumped up nobodies who stacked their way to the top of junior rugby league administration running our club should be over.

spider

Coach
the board needs new blood for anything to to start remotely looking like a progressive attitude is being implemented

and the head chair is the main one requiring change

but we went around this block 2 years ago