What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zappia Stands Down

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Tell me why would this chick record her phone calls ? I hope she told Zaps she was recording it because it is Illegal .
apparently its not. I had a thread deleted & was given a warning before for suggesting that, so i would delete that if I were you.

squiddy

Juniors
apparently its not. I had a thread deleted & was given a warning before for suggesting that, so i would delete that if I were you.

really ? Where i work it is , unless you have a court order . Anyway done so to avoid drama's

Last edited:

cheese

Bench
for 5 games Cheese
...for 5 years mate

It doesn't take a genius to know that the support in the shire won't be there in 5 years time after those watered down seasons, let alone on the central coast, who would have despised us for taking preference over a genuine central coast team

sorry cheese but that is jsut a load of absolute rubbish.
Cash grab

no you dont want to know. None of us do.

ask around, you will get the answers.
He sounds very impressive ...in a low-level construction worker type of way

no, he has worked extra-ordinary hours & delivered great results for the club.
Most people on huge pay packets do work long hours. I'm not gonna smoke his pole for working a 60 hour week ...it comes with the territory of earning those dollars

I don't see any extraordinary results that are above and beyond what is expected of any operating officer. I see a bit of a bumbling media suck, who also happens to be a pervert ...spank me?! ...seriously any boss who says something like that to a female employer must be a farkin dope with a low IQ

I also see low crowd numbers after coming = 1st ....It comes down to a lot of things ...lack of inspiring leadership is one of them

Simplistic pauline hanson level approach. The first battle is to survive, of which we probably wont now, because he is gone.
I know for a fact there a some people a lot more intelligent than Tony looking into our financial position and assets at this stage. Proven winners in business. With these people on board, I feel we can survive and prosper.

If not. I'd take NSW cup over any other relocated sh*t heap scenario.

boxhead

First Grade
Our entire club is useless if they do not support Zappia in this case. Zappia is a gun at what he does & vital for the club in that respect. The other karrnt has been recording information & collecting it & selling it to other organisations.
You are barking up the wrong tree here Frenzy.
Zaps is going to be a huge loss & this will probably now spell the end of the club unless we can get somebody who can do "what zap does" just as well.
But bruno is locked up as is waldron.
Ribot is not up to sped on the cap anymore.

Agreed; Zap is a good operator. Nobody knows exactly what happened on the night Jenny was hit (apart from the 2 involved) but we all saw the aftermath in the media. I think we need to hear the whole recording before anyone judges him. The recording was heavily edited and why was it recorded in the 1st place? If the girl thought she had been assaulted why wouldnt she call the police on the night rather than doing an illegal recording and then selling it to the media a year later? There is a stench about this and I hope the character assasinations that people are putting on Zap hold off until he has the chance to defend himself. For all of those who are putting the boot in; last years additions to Toyota Stadium would have ended in disaster if Zap hadnt taken them over.

Since 73

First Grade
On the news tonight she has again raised the sex toys and strippers in the rooms stories

I deadset don't get it.

I would imagine they were given in good/fun nature for the blokes to take home to their wives and partners.
Not to run down to the park and abuse kids with.

It's not friggin' illegal - theres several skin shops in every suburb.

They're friggin' all adults and if anything it might make some blokes happier or save they're f**king' marriage.

Should be applauded!

This Shark bashin' is giving me the sh*tes.

coolumsharkie

Referee
OMG they're having sex and enjoying it, quick break out the bible and lets see some good wholesome entertainment, like watching someone shoot someone's head off on tv.

Frenzy.

Immortal
mate you are wrong on those accounts. He was vital.

That may very well be the case but I am right in this.

It is now vital that he is detached from this club ASAP. He is now a liability, like it or not, like him or not the damage is done and the brand has again been tarnished.

It's so ironic that the one who some see as the saviour of the brand may well be the one that kills it off.

boxhead

First Grade
Now on the Bigpond website we see a picture of Jenny looking into the distance holding a dog and saying how she will talk to David Gallop. Again I raise the question, why didnt she do this when it happened. The smell is getting worse!!!:?

Ausguy

Coach
why didnt she do it weeks ago when he asked her.

money hungry mole. i watched that interview, i can tell when people are not tellin gthe whole truth, and im telling you she is making some sh*t up.

Quigs

Immortal
I watched the news also before venturing out 'downtown' emu park.

The thing that really spun me was when 'our' jen said the reason she spoke out was because she was inspired by Claire speaking out on the Group Sex scandal and the fact that she didn't want what happend to her (Jenny) to happen again.

f**k she was inspired by the Kiwi Mole for farks sake. If I can't say Mole I will retract the comment and replace it with the Kiwi woman obviously of loose morals. She is so loose her arms and legs are falling off.

It might of been a crap incident / accident, but the whole sorry mess now smells of $$$$'s, sensationalistic TV, and the media's witchunt against anything that has something to do with the black white and blue.

Also my opinion..... Zaps a shot duck now, he's got the Reggy Reagans about him.

Or fine him $20,000.00 and suspend him for two matches. It worked before.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Wozza

Juniors
What amazes me is the vigilante attitude of some of you morons on this forum. It was only a couple of weeks ago when Sharks players were being vilified with little or no evidence and you were up in arms about that media beatup. Now it's one of our own who has been setup and you turn on him like a pack of rabid dogs.
Tony Zappia is a hard working gentleman and deserves the right of reply and to rebutt these allegations and to explain his side of the story. Far be it for Channel 7 and a disgruntled ex employee with an axe to grind to let facts get in the way of a good story.
This person also made several other already refuted allegations tonight with not one shred of proof to back it up, do you all believe this crap as well?
The recorded conversation is also reported to be 27 minutes long, well you don't have to be Einstein to work out that it was heavily edited by the buffoons at 7.
Those in question should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
What amazes me is the vigilante attitude of some of you morons on this forum. It was only a couple of weeks ago when Sharks players were being vilified with little or no evidence and you were up in arms about that media beatup. Now it's one of our own who has been setup and you turn on him like a pack of rabid dogs.
Tony Zappia is a hard working gentleman and deserves the right of reply and to rebutt these allegations and to explain his side of the story. Far be it for Channel 7 and a disgruntled ex employee with an axe to grind to let facts get in the way of a good story.
This person also made several other already refuted allegations tonight with not one shred of proof to back it up, do you all believe this crap as well?
The recorded conversation is also reported to be 27 minutes long, well you don't have to be Einstein to work out that it was heavily edited by the buffoons at 7.
Those in questions should be ashamed of themselves.

I suppose there is the difference.

I saw plenty of evidence that he should not longer be associated with the club in that short clip yesterday. I dont doubt its been manipulated to suit the story, but the unproffesionalism of the comments he made and the fact that "something" happened to give her a black eye is enough for me. If i do any 1 of the things he did in that clip in my job id be gone to.

Sure he can try and defend himself, but IMO its not going to be enough. Its his voice, its his choice of words. Its his demise.

SirShire

First Grade
Those in questions should be ashamed of themselves.

He had a chance to refute the story. Several of them, actually. At present, Zappia has done nothing more than respond with "that is not what happened" every time a new allegation against him has come about. Either he is thick up stairs or for some reasons he sees merit in keeping his cards close to his chest. It hasn't worked for him so far. The board, who presumably know more than anyone else, haven't backed him. The writing is on the wall.

More tellingly, he had a golden chance less than a month ago, on the Footy Show to air his side of the story and crush any opening that Hall may have had to manipulate him or the club. He failed to do so. All he did was answer questions with smoke and mirrors.

FMD I just watched the Seven interview. Fugg me, does the club actually interview its staff? It is common knowledge the women employed by the club are utterly hopeless in everything from organising tickets to merchandise. Hall comes across as a women with all the intelligence of Claire the Kings Cross bogan.

"Now I know why I'm not allowed in there [the change rooms], I'M NOT A STRIPPER!"

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Believe it or not, I don't know what the big city folk feel but I can only relate to my very small corner of the world.

I wore my sharks jersey to a charity league game on saturday/ saturday night. Copped a lot of fun and games over it, the "Gee you blokes are copping some crap from the media." "What are they going to blame the sharks for this week" etc etc.

Most of the comments from people that didn't know me where along the lines of they have had enough of the sharks bashing. their opinions were that Its getting beyond a joke. They were more interested in the games.

So I don't know what it is like down in the Sydneys and Brissies.

Harking back on all the sh!t we have copped this year, and how we always stick our chins out hoping to get wacked. And how we just roll over and accept it. What should we do now mr Gallop...etc etc.

Honestly think outside of our circle. Does anyone really give a f**k now about Watmough snotting a sponsor... Stewart getting the heroes welcome back to Brookie before doing his knee.

I don't have the answers, well I do, but no one ever listens to me.

I reckon we should adopt the "go and get farked" attitude.

Part of the charity event was a Multi draw raffle, and I was one of the organisers of the day. An old bloke come up to me and started going on about "you can't call it a multi draw raffle, its illegal to have a multi draw raffle if you don't re-include the winner ticket back into the draw ever time, it has to be called a multi PRIZE raffle"

I looked him straight in his old eye and adopted the Go and get farked attitude. He was dumbfounded. I then informed him politely if anyone comes up to him and complains about the way we are running the charity raffle then send them straight to me and I will tell them to go and get farked.

It worked.

I'm just wondering if this type of approach could be used more often on a broader arena. I know I would use it.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
Believe it or not, I don't know what the big city folk feel but I can only relate to my very small corner of the world.

I wore my sharks jersey to a charity league game on saturday/ saturday night. Copped a lot of fun and games over it, the "Gee you blokes are copping some crap from the media." "What are they going to blame the sharks for this week" etc etc.

Most of the comments from people that didn't know me where along the lines of they have had enough of the sharks bashing. their opinions were that Its getting beyond a joke. They were more interested in the games.

So I don't know what it is like down in the Sydneys and Brissies.

Harking back on all the sh!t we have copped this year, and how we always stick our chins out hoping to get wacked. And how we just roll over and accept it. What should we do now mr Gallop...etc etc.

Honestly think outside of our circle. Does anyone really give a f**k now about Watmough snotting a sponsor... Stewart getting the heroes welcome back to Brookie before doing his knee.

I don't have the answers, well I do, but no one ever listens to me.

I reckon we should adopt the "go and get farked" attitude.

Part of the charity event was a Multi draw raffle, and I was one of the organisers of the day. An old bloke come up to me and started going on about "you can't call it a multi draw raffle, its illegal to have a multi draw raffle if you don't re-include the winner ticket back into the draw ever time, it has to be called a multi PRIZE raffle"

I looked him straight in his old eye and adopted the Go and get farked attitude. He was dumbfounded. I then informed him politely if anyone comes up to him and complains about the way we are running the charity raffle then send them straight to me and I will tell them to go and get farked.

It worked.

I'm just wondering if this type of approach could be used more often on a broader arena. I know I would use it.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

I agree Quigs, and i reckon we use the 1 thing no other club has got.....

The Power Pole.....

lets get a sign and put it on the pole for all to see...

im open to suggestions for the wording.... something short and sweet would be good... anyone?

Quigs

Immortal
I honestly believe that a lot of todays woes are the result of a lot of people being a few floggings short of making them good people.

Basically people should know right from wrong. How to treat other humans. Respect other people and their property.

But society today is over ruled by imbeciles that make all these damn rules to please wowsers and religious zealots.

We all make mistakes, some more then others, but it is not the end of the world as we know it. Honestly take a real good look at what is going down with the sharks. Most of it is a beat up, is bullsh*t, and in the hard light of everyday life, who really gives a f**k.

The world is more concerned about the plane that went down in the mid atlantic then whether an old fart CEO was mucking around with an employee. Unless you are one of the New Idea, Womans Weekly reading types who has never sinned.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

spider

Coach
come out, tell your side - its the only way to eradicate any mud

because at the moment there is plenty being thrown in one direction and as the saying goes...

Latest posts