What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zapps or Bird

I think we'd do better with

• Bird

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Zappia

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
What if he is found guilty? The clubs image is tarnished. I think it's better to err on the side of caution CS.

I disagree. You cannot pre-judge the case or the player. Personally I think it shows that the club concerned is one that looks after it's players. As Aussies, don't we believe in giving everyone a fair go and a second chance?

So, the club errs on the side of caution and never signs any player who may or may not have committed a crime and even then may or may not be guilty.

How many clubs over the years do you think have covered up plenty of 'sins' of star players. It's only when the media get involved that some clubs become all moralistic.

redback

Bench
I disagree. You cannot pre-judge the case or the player. Personally I think it shows that the club concerned is one that looks after it's players. As Aussies, don't we believe in giving everyone a fair go and a second chance?

So, the club errs on the side of caution and never signs any player who may or may not have committed a crime and even then may or may not be guilty.

How many clubs over the years do you think have covered up plenty of 'sins' of star players. It's only when the media get involved that some clubs become all moralistic.

What happens when the sponsors walk...The club folds.

What happens when the sponsors walk...The club folds.

How many did the Broncos lose?

How many walked from the Warriors after the rape allegation?

How many left the Titans after the Laffranchi's allegations?

Manly with Watmough and Stewart?

We tend to play fair and be nice. Well we haven't lost our premiership cherry as yet, so maybe, just maybe we should take a bit more of an aggressive stance. I, like every other person on here want a premeirship before I die. I want to come to Sydney and get on the pizz with each and every one of you. I even want to bring Quigs with me.

We need some more mongrel off the field.

redback

Bench
How many did the Broncos lose?

How many walked from the Warriors after the rape allegation?

How many left the Titans after the Laffranchi's allegations?

Manly with Watmough and Stewart?

We tend to play fair and be nice. Well we haven't lost our premiership cherry as yet, so maybe, just maybe we should take a bit more of an aggressive stance. I, like every other person on here want a premeirship before I die. I want to come to Sydney and get on the pizz with each and every one of you. I even want to bring Quigs with me.

We need some more mongrel off the field.

I know what you are saying CS. Somethings not right with this whole situation. Lets wait and see what happens in court.

The Dodger

First Grade
everyone talks about players that rev up the boys and play hard, but no one fired up the boys like birdy did and he was getting into the best form of his life.

1. kearney/ mitch/ simmo
2. simmo/fergo/wright/ misi
3. pomeroy/ williams
4. mitch/ wright/ simmo
5. covell/ stapo
6. barrett/ bird/ green
7. buster/ green
8. ross/ selmes/ snowden
9. corey/ caine/ seu
10. dougy/ snowden/ norrie
11. toops/ williams/ millington
12. gallen/ williams/ millington
13. bird/ gallen/ barrett
14. selmes/ snowden/ norrie
15. millington/ mannah/ viiga (or however you spell it)
16. snowden/ afamasaga/ norrie
17/ corey/ caine/seu seu

i don't know about anyone else, but thats a great looking side.
even with our suspensions at the moment, we would still have had enough depth to cover the positions we needed.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
So if a player is person is charged with say murder, rape or whatever, but he is a good player then the Sharks should sign him if he's available??? Weird values you hold Frenzy.

Listen spermbank. You don't know what my values are. If you had any sort of basic 3rd grade comprehension skills you would be able to discern, especially since I wrote it, that I am talking about if he is found not guilty.

Weird values? You're the only thing that's weird here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quigs

Immortal
Birdy.... hmmm from what I can gather the big problem was what he didn't tell the club.

The allegations and the charges and the reporting.. well I've changed my tune now.

After seeing all the crap that has gone on around us, The Donkeys, The Tits, and more recently farkin' Manly.

We (the sharks) are dickheads with our nicer then thou attitude. They (the NRL) don't give a flying continental about our nicey nicey rules.

Look at Stewart's comeback game after serving his "BIG 4" suspension. He was treated like a farkin' hero.

If Bird came back to us, what do you reckon would happen? Would the world as we know it come crashing down around us? Would our sponsor now walk?

Two weeks of whinging is all I would give it, and then it would be business as usual.

I'll give you a one word answer as to what finally made me realise that we are dickheads .......... that word is WATMOUGH.

Birdy did the wrong thing by the club, I agree with the stance at the time, but........

And now the Gaye FL and the Crow bloke, alleged assault of his fiancee. What does he cop? A farkin one week suspension, and his coach says he has served his pennance.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

redback

Bench
Listen spermbank. You don't know what my values are. If you had any sort of basic 3rd grade comprehension skills you would be able to discern, especially since I wrote it, that I am talking about if he is found not guilty.

Weird values? You're the only thing that's weird here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are all class. I am suprised that the Jerry Springer show hasn't knocked on your caravan door yet.

Card Shark

Immortal
Birdy.... hmmm from what I can gather the big problem was what he didn't tell the club.

The allegations and the charges and the reporting.. well I've changed my tune now.

After seeing all the crap that has gone on around us, The Donkeys, The Tits, and more recently farkin' Manly.

We (the sharks) are dickheads with our nicer then thou attitude. They (the NRL) don't give a flying continental about our nicey nicey rules.

Look at Stewart's comeback game after serving his "BIG 4" suspension. He was treated like a farkin' hero.

If Bird came back to us, what do you reckon would happen? Would the world as we know it come crashing down around us? Would our sponsor now walk?

Two weeks of whinging is all I would give it, and then it would be business as usual.

I'll give you a one word answer as to what finally made me realise that we are dickheads .......... that word is WATMOUGH.

Birdy did the wrong thing by the club, I agree with the stance at the time, but........

And now the Gaye FL and the Crow bloke, alleged assault of his fiancee. What does he cop? A farkin one week suspension, and his coach says he has served his pennance.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Mr Quigs has hit the proverbial nail on the head there!