What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeb Officially gone

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
I heard a whisper that Rip Taylor firing up Justin Horo, telling him that this could be his big chance if he steps up.

don't rule it out, he's been playing some good footy.

It would be thoroughly deserved too, he has been very impressive this year......

I would like to see one of the Flegg backrow moved up for a few games this year, much like they have done with Wright.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
and he is playing for a coach that rarely gave him a chance

he's obviously pinning some hopes on him, 3.5 year contract for Zeb????..I like Zeb, I think he's a great player and a good bloke but I wouldn't be offering him a 3.5 year contract thta's for sure.

Hurriflatch

Referee
eelavation said:
he's obviously pinning some hopes on him, 3.5 year contract for Zeb????..I like Zeb, I think he's a great player and a good bloke but I wouldn't be offering him a 3.5 year contract thta's for sure.

3.5 years really means nothing in terms of hopes if the deal is only 30k a year

Zeb is a top talent. I can't really blame him for leaving. He needs to take care of himself and needs a go. He just had to much talent infront of him.

Hurriflatch

Referee
eelavation said:
he'd be on a bit more than 30K ;-)

of course but the point still stands that a team who has signed a player for 4 years on a low $$ deal would be expecting less out of them then a player signed for only a couple of years on big $$$

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
It would be thoroughly deserved too, he has been very impressive this year......

I would like to see one of the Flegg backrow moved up for a few games this year, much like they have done with Wright.

Absolutely, I hope we rotate them until the end of the year, just to give em a real taste against the big boys.

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
Absolutely, I hope we rotate them until the end of the year, just to give em a real taste against the big boys.

I actually see it as imperative that we do this, considering that the top players in Flegg will be making the step up to NRL, straight from the NYC going forward, giving them a taste of higher footy this year will be a benefit. I think Williams, Lewis, Mannah and Robinson would be most likely next year to be those forwards, so it would be great if they all got a taste. In the backs we already have Taulima, so that is good and now Iwi has been given a shot, maybe one more should be moved up, Rea maybe? Nasso and J.Wright have also been given a taste.

The forwards are more of a priority imo though.

Jodeci

Bench
The deal Zeb has taken is a key move in his career and has been told that he is in the mix and will be given the opportunity in their 18 man squad for games rather then the top 25

Nikki

Coach
eelavation said:

Lets start taking bets on whether he actually lasts the 3.5 years. The way the NRL is being run these days, if he is not happy he can up and leave whenever he wants :roll: .

I really cant get past this fact that as fans we cant rely on who will actually be at our club next week. sh*ts me to tears the path the NRL have decided to take.

fish eel

Immortal
Nikki said:
Lets start taking bets on whether he actually lasts the 3.5 years. The way the NRL is being run these days, if he is not happy he can up and leave whenever he wants :roll: .

I really cant get past this fact that as fans we cant rely on who will actually be at our club next week. sh*ts me to tears the path the NRL have decided to take.

its the way it's been heading for some time tbh, and our club over the last decade has had a high turnover of players. Players have always come and gone, and the club survives and will continue to survive

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
its the way it's been heading for some time tbh, and our club over the last decade has had a high turnover of players. Players have always come and gone, and the club survives and will continue to survive

Exactly.

It happens in other sports regularly. We have just been slow to catch up.
We all have our favourites obviously, but the players themselves have to do what is best for them at any given time, given the opportunity.

I say, get over it.

Geez, I remember 12 months ago so many people whinging about the June 30 deadline. The whinging never stops.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Exactly.

It happens in other sports regularly. We have just been slow to catch up.
We all have our favourites obviously, but the players themselves have to do what is best for them at any given time, given the opportunity.

I say, get over it.

Geez, I remember 12 months ago so many people whinging about the June 30 deadline. The whinging never stops.

Suity

and its not like there is a flood of players leaving parra this year...we're pretty stable.

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
But Fishy, Zeby and Blakey are going..........

Suity

:fist::fist:

Interesting though, reading over the PJ Marsh thread, some of the comments like 'dont let the door hit you on the way out', or cracks about hillsong are absent from this thread.

Yet PJ is still here.

Personally, I'd rather support the jersey than the individual, and worry about who we have not what guys that have left are doing. Is any other fan based as obssessed with what their discards are as Parramatta's?

Each to their own i guess

strider

Post Whore
i think the overall trend of this thread is just goodbye and goodluck tho - i don't see any wrists being slit :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
i think the overall trend of this thread is just goodbye and goodluck tho - i don't see any wrists being slit :lol:

speak for yourself! i'm lucky my knives are so blunt!!

Latest posts