What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

zeb overated

Stagger eel

Staff member
at the end of the day if people pay their money to get in they shout whatever they want to shout but I just don't think it's appropriate for any club supporter to do it players representing our club...it's not my go, but each to their own.

Utey

Coach
You should have heard the wankers behind us carrying on about Finch. Deadset they mistook Tim for Finchy at least 5 times. Halfy and I are getting right behind him.

Fathead

Bench
parraitdoesmatta said:
He dropped one ball when he first came on that was not purposesly sent to him. Give the guy a break. I like his size and he will be a future star.

He actually dropped it twice but fair dinkum.... he is a solid player who needs more opportunity.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I hear people say, "I like Zeb - he adds size and mongrel to the pack." And then I watch him take a hit-up or make a tackle, and he's not any more aggressive than Cannings.

I hear people say, "He has a high work-rate." And then I see him shirking tackles the he should be making.

He has potential - loads of it. And perhaps I'm a tad harsh - I am a notoriously tough marker when it comes to forwards. But still...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jodeci said:
I have only done that for players who have deserved it, Corey Pearson, Darren Tracey and a few other in that same mould.

Wait...I must have missed the memo that stated that players deserve to be booed...

Way I see it, even when a player is in bad form, he is always giving 100% in the Blue and Gold. So...Why does an out of form player deserve to be booed?

Fathead

Bench
Anyone who boos a player who has an eels jumper on can go and get f*cked!!

Or go support a scum club like the rooters or better still Moanly.

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
What's this talk about work-rate and Zeb Taia? He seems lazy to me.

Eelementary said:
I hear people say, "I like Zeb - he adds size and mongrel to the pack." And then I watch him take a hit-up or make a tackle, and he's not any more aggressive than Cannings.

I hear people say, "He has a high work-rate." And then I see him shirking tackles the he should be making.

He has potential - loads of it. And perhaps I'm a tad harsh - I am a notoriously tough marker when it comes to forwards. But still...

:lol:

The kid has played four more first grade games than probably 99% of the board and is still trying to find his way in first grade.

A good deal of the people on this board expect way too much from players jumping straight into first grade.

The Colonel

Immortal
If people want to boo players, I don't generally have an issue with it outside of the fact I don't do it myself, than IMO that is up to them.

We all have our own ways of voicing our displeasure at the players - this forum, booing, sticking pins in voodoo dolls?, ringing Ray Hadley...... just because you do it one way and not another doesn't make it any different.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
:lol:

The kid has played four more first grade games than probably 99% of the board and is still trying to find his way in first grade.

A good deal of the people on this board expect way too much from players jumping straight into first grade.

I was just going by what people say of him. I never took much notice of him. I mean I like the guy, but I haven't seen him get particularly aggressive or get stuck into that much work.

However, I'm glad to see him in the squad, being a Junior, and I hope he finds his feet as soon as possible.

lucablight

First Grade
I'm pretty sure in his first game Zeb made around 35 tackles and 150m. For some reason he hasn't been as heavily involved in his later games.

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
I was just going by what people say of him. I never took much notice of him. I mean I like the guy, but I haven't seen him get particularly aggressive or get stuck into that much work.

What time do you generally arrive at home games? It is well worth watching the lower grades as Zeb is playing particularly well there - hence his first grade selection.

The thing is his first game he had a lot of time on the field and he was also playing without blokes like Ian and Nathan on the field so he was doing a damn lot of work - as per lucablights comment - he had a good game outside of the two penalties. Since then his time on the field inj his next three games has been limited - I think he only spent fifteen, maybe twenty minutes on the field on Saturday if that.

Hard to be overly involved or rack up good stats so he can show his involvement.

Parra Guru

Coach
I really don't think Zebba looks out of place in FG. Some others do. He's putting his head down and getting on with it, and I think he's playing well.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
He was great against the Titans and got little game time against the Roosters. The whole reason for this thread is the dropped ball when he had just come on.

PIG

Juniors
Blame Hagan! Bring the poor bloke on up 28-0 with 26mins left, and take him off 14 mins later! 12 tackles in 14 minutes isn't a bad effort....including a great hit on Nutley.

Zebs problem (if he even has one) is that he goes flat out trying to make an impression & makes a few errors. He'll get better as he settles down and gets more comfortable with his role. Hagan should have given him more of a run last Sat.

He is a definite first grade quality player

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
What time do you generally arrive at home games? It is well worth watching the lower grades as Zeb is playing particularly well there - hence his first grade selection.

The thing is his first game he had a lot of time on the field and he was also playing without blokes like Ian and Nathan on the field so he was doing a damn lot of work - as per lucablights comment - he had a good game outside of the two penalties. Since then his time on the field inj his next three games has been limited - I think he only spent fifteen, maybe twenty minutes on the field on Saturday if that.

Hard to be overly involved or rack up good stats so he can show his involvement.

I can't have the luxury of making the lower grades, because I'm often working until 5 on Saturdays.

As I said, I'm just responding to what I see. He didn't seem particularly aggressive to me, 15 minutes played or not.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The problem is that some people give too much praise on lower grade players and the ones that don't see the lower grades expect them to play like international rep players, then when they don't do 2 or 3 amazing things every game they get the line that they are no good.

That is the cycle and it cannot be stopped.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'll admit that I haven't seen much of him.

But why do statements like, "He doesn't seem to be as aggressive as people make him out to be," or, "He shirked a few tackles he should have made," automatically seem to equate to, "Yeah, he sucks. He's not a First Grader's fingernail!" to some people?

I'm not questioning his spot. I'm merely saying that I'm surprised - I heard he was big and aggressive, but he didn't seem to do anything that would make him stand-out from someone like Cannings.