What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeb Taia

aqua_duck

Coach
Is this bloke the most under rated forward or what?
I rate him as highly as Paterson.
I remember when we first signed him I said he was a poor man's Frank Pritchard, now I'd rather him than Pritchard any day. He tackles hard, he makes metres, has a low error count and he's got another dimension with his passing before the line. In defence he seems to be everywhere, cover defence etc, also when tony caine made that half break late in the game and offloaded, who was there to intercept his pass, none other than Taia.
I think he's been without doubt the best signing Smith has made at the knights.

Jono078

Referee
I thought he was a bit poor, if that pass to Houston didn't come off i'd say he had a sh*t game.

Although I wasn't watching him that closely, he got better as the match that goes on, and in tonight's circumstances that's huge compliment to him.

Adsy

Juniors
He is extremely under rated. I doubt many other supporters besides Knights fans know who he is yet he is an integral part of our team. Constantly up there on both the metres gained and tackles made lists. Not many of our players do that. Plus he is like Hilder in does alot of cover defence and good off the ball work.

I can see him getting better and better as the year goes on too.

aqua_duck

Coach
I thought he was a bit poor, if that pass to Houston didn't come off i'd say he had a sh*t game.

Although I wasn't watching him that closely, he got better as the match that goes on, and in tonight's circumstances that's huge compliment to him.
He made one error early on about besides that he made 23 tackles, and 103m, but he does alot of clean up work that the stats don't show, and he does it everyweek

Serc

First Grade
Yep he was quality again tonight, though this week for once there was a number of others who were just as valuable in defence. Oddly enough the stats have him as the only member of our team with 2 errors, everyone else below that.

BG

Juniors
Plus he is like Hilder in does alot of cover defence

One of Taia's best covering efforts was actually in the narrow loss to the Sharks last year. Kearney had sliced through (I think he'd even got past Gids from memory) and was all but over for a try before Taia made a desperate lunge and stopped him about a metre out.

Spike

First Grade
At the beginning of the year, I marked him down as being the most improved player in 2009. Last year, I picked Jesse Royal

Pika

Bench

I think you would change your mind if you started watching him a bit more closely.

First forward back when the opposition kicks, first hit up after the wingers.

Defends in the middle and tackles props all day but also has the speed to knock over the dummy half runs.

Outstanding contributions.

Takes more than busts up the middle and big shots to make a quality player.

Its the little things that count. And that tip on to put House away was first class ball playing skills.

mozza91

Coach
He's been our best signing over the last couple of years imo even in 07 he was one of the best but he has taken his game to the next level and is one of the best locks in the competition

Joker's Wild

Coach
The less you notice him the more he is doing his job. He is a fantastic player to have in the side and unfortunantly, like Billy Peden, he is likely to miss out on the raps he truly deserves.

Good thread Aqua

aqua_duck

Coach
He's just one of those blokes who loves the dirty work, and I reckon he'd be one of Smithy's favourite players. He does the little things Bill peden use to do but he's about 15kg bigger than billy and has more skill

Yosh

Coach
Pure stats player. Great stats nothing fancy, loving every minute of your work Zeb whoever you may be on this forum!!!

Jodeci

Bench
Zeb has been playing well and has improved on doing the little things that he perhaps wasn't doing

Support play is much better, the ability to pass before the line and better off loading also has made Zeb a better player

roopy

Referee
13 is the Knights lucky number - Glanville, Peden, Kennedy, Taia - I say we stick the 13 jumper on Aku.

Johns Magic

Referee
He's definitely in my top 3 favourite current Knights. In fact I can only really think of Kidley who I like more.

I had an argument in the NRL forum a few weeks ago saying I'd pick Zeb over Dallas Johnson. Of course I got laughed at, but the first two games of this year have only confirmed it for me.

Late last season I said he'd push for the NZ side this year and I think he will.

Latest posts