What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zep to tour without Plant??

Stagger eel

Staff member
I can't find anything on line but I heard it on the radio...

This will be an absolute tragedy if they go ahead with it.

FFS! Plant must be there..it'll be as bad as those Van Halen Nuffies if it goes ahead.

Eelectrica

Referee
If Plant isn't on board, it's not Zeppelin.
I've been reading a bit on this on again-off again thing. I guess Plant figures he's been there, done that, but he doesn't seem to be doing much of anything at the moment...

ledzep

Bench
I'd love for Page, Jones and Bonzo Jr. to tour, but I suppose it'd be better if they did it under a different name if Plant's not going to be there

Loudstrat

Coach
Page and Plant toured without JPJ as Page/Plant, and played a heap of Zeppelin stuff.

Whose the singer?

Lemmy?

And as we wind on down the f*cking road......

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
obviously it would be better with plant, same could be said with bonzo... but neither will happen, so might as well get used to it and be happy with any potential tour.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I can't find anything on line but I heard it on the radio...

This will be an absolute tragedy if they go ahead with it.

FFS! Plant must be there..it'll be as bad as those Van Halen Nuffies if it goes ahead.

80 million albums sold for those VH nuffies, most of those sales with Hagar:lol:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
and here i was thinking jimmy page made the band.

... yes he might have 'created' the band, by findin JPJ, then bonham and plant... but to say that he 'makes' the band is complete lunacy. Their one of the few examples where all 4 are on as even footing as it can get. Without the skill and musicianship of Page, the multi-instrumental skill and musicianship of JPJ, the insane brumming of Bonzo and ofcourse the distinctive wails of Plant, its not 'Led Zeppelin' as it should be, but like i said, i'd take 2/4 anyday.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd love for Page, Jones and Bonzo Jr. to tour, but I suppose it'd be better if they did it under a different name if Plant's not going to be there

I'd like to hear bonzo junior as well, curios as to what he sounds like

I heard Zep play with Phil Collins on the drums and nearly puked, you cannot replace a man liek Bonzo, not teh greatest ever but responsible for making triplets so popular and has his own unique sound. Easy enough to reproduce if you are a percussionist.

btw, I've seen them live, the original line up at Sydney show Grounds (it was called then) in about 1926 (or seems like it),

one of the best I've ever seen and I've seen alot of bands

Ron Jeremy

Coach
fmd, another Ron Jeremy, teeny bopper band for 12 year old metal heads

at least Bonzo had two arms

not many teeny boppers at a Def Lep concert these days:lol:

And Twiz, please, the stuff you like is dominated by mosspits consisting of 13 year old zit, skateboarders:lol: