What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zero tackle after a missed field goal

I like the zero tackle after the ball goes dead rule, but I don't think it should apply when missing a field goal. It just kills teams in close games when opposition get an extra tackle to get further up field to have a shot themselves.

BunniesMan

Immortal
No. Zero tackle after a field goal is ideal. If teams don't want to risk giving away a zero tackle they can always give something strange a go...like going for a try.

We don't need to give teams MORE incentive to go for field goals when the game is close. We should be doing whatever we can to encourage tries.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
I like the zero tackle after the ball goes dead rule, but I don't think it should apply when missing a field goal. It just kills teams in close games when opposition get an extra tackle to get further up field to have a shot themselves.

I don't think you should ever get a zero tackle if the ball goes dead. A 20 metre restart is good enough.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I don't think you should ever get a zero tackle if the ball goes dead. A 20 metre restart is good enough.

Exactly^ reward for diffusing a bomb/punishment for kicking it dead is 20 metres. 7 tackles is just to much

alien

Referee
No. Zero tackle after a field goal is ideal. If teams don't want to risk giving away a zero tackle they can always give some strange a go...like going for a try.

We don't need to give teams MORE incentive to go for field goals when the game is close. We should be doing whatever we can to encourage tries.

Then they should make it golden try extra-time instead of golden point extra-time. The way it is at the moment, why isn't it OK to go for drop goal in golden point extra-time, but it's OK to go for a drop goal in the last 5-10 minutes of the actual game?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Then they should make it golden try extra-time instead of golden point extra-time. The way it is at the moment, why isn't it OK to go for drop goal in golden point extra-time, but it's OK to go for a drop goal in the last 5-10 minutes of the actual game?

I have always been for a golden try period.

alien

Referee
I have always been for a golden try period.

For the normal round games, I am happy for each team to get a point if scores are equal after 80 mins. In Finals games, I think it should be 10 mins each way - no golden point or golden try.

Snappy

Coach

images

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
The rule is all wrong, was meant to be there to stop teams kicking it out the back of the in goal to take the fullbacks kick return out of the game. Should only apply for kicks from 40m out or more, should be not penalty for an attacking kick that goes slightly too far...Though I do kinda like it for failed field goals and diffused bombs

nick87

Coach
A draw is the real solution, simple stuff.

Now you're speaking my language.
No one has ever managed to articulate to me why a draw isnt an acceptable result after 80 minutes but is after 90?

The draw does a great job of spliting the table up a bit
Bring the draw back!

Latest posts