What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zero Tolerance Night at Parramatta Stadium

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its like when you send riot cops to a protest, if nothing happens, they get bored and crack some skulls anyway. I just think that security wont be happy till they toss out 500 people.

They can have me then. This'll be my first game since the Bulldogs final in 2007 and I'm going to this one for the same reason I went to the last one - to cheer and scream abuse and make an absolute merkin of myself.

I'm off to the Middle East soon anyway and getting kicked out of Parra Stadium will be the perfect sendoff. f**k Melbourne Storm.

Go Parra.

Glenn

First Grade
El Diablo??

Thought the old drunk reference was obviously a referal to Suity ;-)

Hmmm if they decide to move the line one what is acceptable or not, could be more people outside the ground than inside by Half Time.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They can have me then. This'll be my first game since the Bulldogs final in 2007 and I'm going to this one for the same reason I went to the last one - to cheer and scream abuse and make an absolute merkin of myself.

I'm off to the Middle East soon anyway and getting kicked out of Parra Stadium will be the perfect sendoff. f**k Melbourne Storm.

Go Parra.
:lol: Let the merkins have it.

bartman

Immortal
I am taking with me to the ground brown paper bags to hand out to every one in the crowd and I encourage others to do the same.

What a great protest statement it would be if we had 15,000 brown paper bags waiving in the air each and every time The Cheats went in for a try.

Spread the word and bring your brown paper bags and hand them out!!
If Osborne had any clue about marketing, he would have followed your idea about getting 15,000 brown paper bags (complete with sponsorship) and handed them out at the gate like Fuifui masks for this game.

But no, he sends a fluffy wuffy email to the members warning them to keep on their best behaviour specifically for this game. Probably Osborne's worst mis-read of a situation so far imo (and there's been a couple).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Osborne had any clue about marketing, he would have followed your idea about getting 15,000 brown paper bags (complete with sponsorship) and handed them out at the gate like Fuifui masks for this game.

But no, he sends a fluffy wuffy email to the members warning them to keep on their best behaviour specifically for this game. Probably Osborne's worst mis-read of a situation so far imo (and there's been a couple).

Have you considered maybe he doesn't want us to alienate a particular Melbourne Storm player he's in negotiations with?

bartman

Immortal
I thought we didn't have any money left in our cap, how could he be negotiating with any of them, unless Melbourne foots the entire bill?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought we didn't have any money left in our cap, how could he be negotiating with any of them, unless Melbourne foots the entire bill?

I'm talking about for next year.

We've already shed a couple of big names and there's always the opportunity for offloading a few more.

bartman

Immortal
I was talking about next year (and next year's remaining cap) too. We've backended and upgraded so many players I don't think there's any jam left in the jar, unless as you say he offloads more players.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was talking about next year (and next year's remaining cap) too. We've backended and upgraded so many players I don't think there's any jam left in the jar, unless as you say he offloads more players.

there's plenty of jam left in the jar Barty??

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't forget the cap's being raised for next year and our biggest names have all already signed/re-signed in the past few months. This means they're unlikely to chew up the cap increase with contract upgrades (which is what will happen with most clubs).

bartman

Immortal
I thought Tahu's contract, Hayne's upgrade and Hindy's upgrade were all backended.

We're losing Cayless, but I thought most of his cash was already spoken for, and we have to replace his position with someone. I'd be very surprised if we're out shopping for players, unless other players leave?

Staggs, have I missed something while I've been away?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought Tahu's contract, Hayne's upgrade and Hindy's upgrade were all backended.

We're losing Cayless, but I thought most of his cash was already spoken for, and we have to replace his position with someone. I'd be very surprised if we're out shopping for players, unless other players leave?

Staggs, have I missed something while I've been away?

I think you're over estimating the back ended deals, my info is that there's money there to spend and like alot of other clubs are sitting back waiting to see what happens with the Storm..

apart from Caylo we also have Mateo, INU, Grothe, Wright, Hauraki and Oake all off contract..

strider

Post Whore
we're still paying weller's money? - I thought he would have got enough to cover what we were paying in the UK?

bartman

Immortal
I think you're over estimating the back ended deals, my info is that there's money there to spend and like alot of other clubs are sitting back waiting to see what happens with the Storm..

apart from Caylo we also have Mateo, INU, Grothe, Wright, Hauraki and Oake all off contract..
Fair enough. Mateo's money/position was one I'd forgot about.

Just an FYI to get us back on topic. I heard on a Radio news broadcast this morning, that lifetime bans are in the offering tonight for fans who misbehave.

Be careful out there tonight folks.

SDM

First Grade
That plus the rain has sealed it for me, the couch is looking good.