What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zero violence

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Daily Telegraph has yet again made us the bullies, assuming we're ready to incite violence on Friday, and taking the step of moving our second game v Saints in August to Sunday, costing the club thousands of dollars.

Are we violent? Do we deserve this crap?

Godz Illa

Coach
Personally, the Kogarah match doesn't worry me. The fact that it will be an early sellout should mean there are more die-hards than dickheads - plus I'll be safe from harm in the members area. But at Telstra on a Friday night, yeah, I will be apprehensive. Is it just a co-incidence that the major crowd violence instances have been at Dogs games? I doubt it. Has it definitely been moved to Sunday? Is that confirmed?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sunday is official. It's the Channel Nine game.

I think it's a complete over-reaction. Absolute over-reaction. These instances happened early in the year, with no problems at the Newcastle game whatsoever. With appropriate security (at the the cost of the Bulldogs) it shouldn't be an issue. I'm surprised it doesn't affect you as Dragons supporters, as their story would imply that Dragons fans can be violent/troublesome as well.

ibeme

First Grade
The article is a bit of an overreaction, and it might even be motivation for some idiots to create trouble, bu I don't think changing the game to a Sunday game is an over reaction. It seems that as soon as the club relaxes a bit, the sh*t hits the fan again.

Even Malcolm Noad said that the only way to gain the confidence of the NRL was for our fans to behave, especially at these big matches. If this match was to be held at Telstra, I'd be concerned about the crowd troubles as well. The bottom line is that we have some real knobs who would see it as an opportunity to reek havoc against one of our traditional rivals. The only thing stopping it from happening at this point is the increased security measures. I don't think we can rely on changed attitudes alone just yet.

Deacon

First Grade
Well done Dogs and there TRUE DIE HARD supporters well played good to see no violence mind you it prolly helped being a smaller ground which sold out easier, thats the problem with Telstra Stadium it wont sell out in advance and unfortunately these dickheads may still be able to gain access, real shame thought u guys deserved the rematch on Friday Night Instead of Sunday, oh well maybe some time in the near future dogs may get Friday Night Games, Neway Well played cya at Telstra in a few weeks

ibeme

First Grade
Feelin Hornby said:
Well done Dogs and there TRUE DIE HARD supporters well played good to see no violence mind you it prolly helped being a smaller ground which sold out easier, thats the problem with Telstra Stadium it wont sell out in advance and unfortunately these dickheads may still be able to gain access, real shame thought u guys deserved the rematch on Friday Night Instead of Sunday, oh well maybe some time in the near future dogs may get Friday Night Games, Neway Well played cya at Telstra in a few weeks

It was a great game. Classic semi-finals type football.

Good to hear that the crowd was well behaved. And I don't think a Sunday arvo game is going to hurt our crowd figure too much against the Dragons in a few weeks. After the game tonight, everyone will be already marking it in their calendars I reckon.

This Year?

Immortal
I've seen all kinds of stuff happen at different games over the years and it was great to hear there was no trouble tonight. I will always go to a Bulldogs game without fear of violence. TBH I'm sick of the stigma that going to a Bulldogs game there will be trouble. It's something that has been blown out of proportion by the media and the cameras are always looking for something at a Bulldogs game. If the NRL was serious about crowd violence, they should concentrate on ALL GAMES not just the Bulldogs. I'll definitely go to Telstra in a few weeks if I'm not working that day.

atomic_crimson

Juniors
It was great to see that there was no trouble!

Majorly pissed off with The Chaser's attempt at humour after how much work the club has done.

Saw a few dragons fans chanting rapists but were ignored by the dogs fans which was good too see!

Brilliant game aswell!

Latest posts