What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zip it!

LESStar58

Referee
Last night's captaincy by Cooper Cronk was outstanding! He stood up when he was need, led the way and did his best to keep a lid on things when the game boiled over.

Telling Quinny to "zip it" was gold! Quinny needs to cut the niggle and rubbish out of his game too!

ONWARD STORM!

MattYg1

Bench
You know what i was just about to make start this very same thread... that "Zip it" was phenomenal... he even walked away from Archer to really enforce his authority over his team... thats what captains should be... not just running back to the team and saying

"c'mon boys!!!"

I think the guy is an absolute champion and has easily been the best half number 7 in the game for the past 3 years...

Great player and a great leader and if I had any say in it I would have him in my rep team over Jonathan Thurston any day of the week...

You guys are lucky to have him for years to come...

Ice777

Bench
Yep, excellent captaincy and handled the situation well. He led from the front all night and did a great job :clap:

willvillain

Juniors
I wrote the Storm off before last night's match basically saying "without Smith they've got nobody who can 'structure' their game other than Cronk, for the Storm to win, Cronk will have to play above and beyond his ability".

Well, he f*cking did. He's a gritty little bugger and he just keeps getting better every time he's put into pressure situations.

MattYg1

Bench
He never looses his cool does he...

How many bad games has he had since the move to full time #7?

I think i've only seen one sub par performance but I havent seen all the storm games...

camsmith

Juniors
I remember a few weeks he told Quin after he went on with a tackle (vs Knights?) "theres no need for that"

He definitely knows how to put Quin back in his box :)

Noa

First Grade
Shoulda been made captain over Cam. I thought that 2 years ago and I still think it now.

little_aza

Juniors
Shoulda been made captain over Cam. I thought that 2 years ago and I still think it now.

yeah, coops wouldve made an excellent captain. he was so impressive last night - was a real inspiration.

cronk, like geyer, is a great club man. the fact that he took a pay cut shows his leaderships qualities in seeing whats best for the greater good.

not trying to take anything away from smithy, but he probably wouldve had too much of a 'laid back' approach to tell quinn to zip it. i feel cam got it cuz he's been around for a lot longer.

perhaps we couldve gone for co-captains? :D

Last edited:

AILD

Bench
coops is known for doing this tho. he isnt afraid to lay the law down...even to the older experinced guys.

Noa

First Grade
coops is known for doing this tho. he isnt afraid to lay the law down...even to the older experinced guys.

What made me twig on to his leadership abilities was a incident in 05 when Ian Donnelly f**ked up again and Cooper, despite not being captain and then just a role player shoved him and gave him an absolute bucketing.

The fact he had the balls to do this and the fact Ian didnt retaliate spoke volumes.

Molly

Juniors
Cooper came of age last night. Qualities of an Australina halfback and will be our greatest asset in the GF. The difference between him and Orford for instance, particularly in big games, is so contrasting its not funny.

Make him leader next year...Cam Smith is good but does not have the urgency and tempo that Cronk displays which is what this team needs when it starts games half asleep.