What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zoe Foster sick of waiting in Wings

Zoe Foster sick of waiting in Wings
Submit comment By Sydney Confidential

January 21, 2009 12:00am

FOOTBALLER Craig Wing and his partner of almost a decade, beauty writer Zoe Foster, have ended their relationship amid whispers that Foster is tired of waiting for a marriage proposal from the Rabbitohs' star.

The couple split last week and Wing, currently in pre-season training, has since moved out of their Bronte apartment.

Foster spent last weekend scouring the Eastern Suburbs in search of a new place to call home.

"It is with great sadness that Zoe and I have amicably decided to separate,'' Wing said yesterday.

"We love each other very much, and she has been an enormous part of my life for the last 10 years.

"Zoe has supported me through injuries, recoveries and the highs and lows of football.

"We've grown a lot since we met and at this time we simply recognise we both want different things.

"As hard and as sad as it is, we have both decided to move on.''

Friends of the couple said that the break-up was amicable and that there was no third party involved.

The past year has not been a good one for Wing, long regarded as one of rugby league's sexiest men.

He has struggled for months with recurring football injuries and is currently sidelined following operations on a hernia and an ankle spur. Then in December came news of a breakdown of relations with one of his sponsors, McGrath Real Estate.

Although well-regarded as an author and online businesswoman, Foster, 28, is believed to be keen to settle down and start a family.

Wing has moved out of the apartment they leased only three months ago.

It's not the first time the couple, who were together on New Year's Day at The Ivy's Pool Club Party and again a week ago for the opening of the Sydney Festival, have split during their 10 years together.

They had one extended break-up that lasted about 18 months in 2004.

Wing, 29, and Foster met when she was a 19-year-old media student and he was one of most promising young stars for the Sydney Roosters.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006002,00.html

Dave Q

Coach
It seems that both parties have taken a mature approach to the seperation.

Some things just werent meant to be.

Lets hope Craig's imminent return to the 'meat market' doesnt cause too many distractions for him.

If there was any emotional turmoil, thats finalised ane he may enjoy a less anxious home life. That could actually assist his footballing, which is very demanding.

I wish them both the best with their personal lives, and if she wants to settle down and do the family thing, I hope she finds the right person.

They have my blessing.

Nemesis

Bench
After only playing 11 games for us last season, I just hope Wingy can concentrate on his football this year, considering all the distractions he's had over the past few months... i.e

- Season destroying shoulder injury in round 1 2008
- Out of control car slams into his parked Saab whilst training at Erko
- Thieves broke into his home & stole $80k worth of stuff including his Saab
- His $100K p.a. deal with McGraths Real Estate goes sour
- Ongoing media speculation that he wasn't happy and wanted to leave Souths
- He reportedly lost $1M in a bad investment deal
- Currently in rehab after having 3 ops (hopefully will be ok by round 1)
- Has now split with his partner of 10 years
- Now looking for a new place to live.

He has certainly been in the media for all the wrong reasons lately... it'd be enough to drive anyone to drink.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
Hes got a supportive family and tremendous die-hard fans. He is a player I am sure that many of us feel close to.

Wingy fought as hard as anyone did to stop us being kicked out of the comp.

Normally I am full of hate for the deceit and treachery of leaving Souths, but Wingy was forced out and thats very different.

Hes come from nothing to being a person and player of considerable stature.

Hes has superior awareness on the feild, leads by example, talks a lot, is a superb trainer, top club man and born leader. I consier him one of the games very few player 'intellectuals.' He is tremendous package and a credit to our club and junior development.

He will need to fire for our 2009 grand final to become a certainty.

Last edited:
jeez, come live with me wingy, my sister doesnt live at mine anymore lol
pleanty of room, a garage space for ya and foret about paying your share of the rent, ill cover that haha.
nah
he will probs end up moving in with a team mate until he can find a spot of his own. As for the girl situation, he will find someone soon enough, hopefully wont distract him but he is a supreme athlete and im sure he will be able to juggle the two in his life well.

Sugar

Bench
Make your own mind up

0,,5744328,00.jpg

FFS, talk about the topic of the forum, this is pissing me the hell off
Baron, if ya dont wanna contribute to the topic of "Zoe Foster sick of waiting in Wings" DON'T POST IN HERE!!!! That also goes for every else
P.S. sorry bout the bold....its stuck.......

Dave Q

Coach
FFS, talk about the topic of the forum, this is pissing me the hell off
Baron, if ya dont wanna contribute to the topic of "Zoe Foster sick of waiting in Wings" DON'T POST IN HERE!!!! That also goes for every else
P.S. sorry bout the bold....its stuck.......

I tried to contribute and got hate-trolled.

it's all gone down hill for wing since he joined souths- - poor heggs too from test and origin player at the roosters to reserves at souths and now out the door-a lesson to be learnt by any player considering signing with souths- don't

Last edited:

Nemesis

Bench
it's all gone down hill for wing since he joined souths- - poor heggs too from test and origin player at the roosters to reserves at souths and now out the door-a lesson to be learnt by any player considering signing with souths- don't
If you recall, Wing's start at Souths was wrecked by one Riley Brown whom karma has since caught up with. As for Hegs, he was well on the slide at the Roosters and his last year there in 2004 was atrocious. Using your logic the same could be said about Mason, O'Meley, Anasta etc who have all gone down hill since joining the Roosters.

Latest posts