What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

zombie flicks

AILD

Bench
hey folks.

im a big horror fan...but never really been into zombie movies. they all seem to be the same. anyways i need to find some good zombie flicks...the more gory the better. ive got dawn of the dead, zombie flesh eaters, zombie bloodbath 1-3, 28 weeks later....but would like some more classic zombie movie suggestions.

??

InFlames

Juniors
There was an awesome one I saw a long time ago called The Video Dead, which is a good chuckle but has some classic zombie scenes. Shaun of the dead is also a great one. I'd say Evil Dead 2 is probably the best along with Army of Darkness. Land of the Dead also deserves a mention. It really depends whether your a big fan of the genre or an outsider looking in and having a bit of fun with it.

AILD

Bench
i love all horror really, but ive seen a few zombie movies and its usually just the usual stuff. 28 weeks later was awesome tho i thought. ive seen shaun of the dead that was good.

ill give those other ones a look see tho. thanks.

Once Dead

Bench
C.H.U.D
Day / Dawn / Diary of the Dead
Poultrygeist - Night of the Chicken Dead

DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR 'Zombie Holocaust'......that is 1970s crap with no gore / entertainment value.

I also saw a somewhat political themed zombie flick called HOMECOMING about US zombie soldiers which seemed like a made for tv movie but was pretty cool. No gore though.

AILD

Bench
poultrygiest is the worst film ever. i saw that awhile ago...terrible stuff, gore yes...but the rest is just so sh*t.

InFlames

Juniors
I also saw a somewhat political themed zombie flick called HOMECOMING about US zombie soldiers which seemed like a made for tv movie but was pretty cool. No gore though.

Was that where they come back to vote in an election? If not, trust me thats an actual movie :lol:

The original Dawn of the Dead will always be my favourite zombie movie, closely followed by Shaun of the Dead. Enjoyed the re-make of Dawn of the Dead, 28 days later and an Aussie one called Undead.

Romero's early movies were great, his later ones are ok but don't really capture the feel of the early ones.

St. Brett

Juniors
You know I was gonna come in here about 5 months ago and ask if anybody knows about this zombie film I'm trying to get hold of and its title.
See, the thing with most zombie flicks is that they've been made in the early 50's then remade in the 70's and then remade again.

I'm not a fan of the early black & white ones myself but each to his own.

I'll try and describe this film to you.

Mainly.......there's a group of people holed up in this 2 story house.
It starts out with a man and a lady in a cemetery and he turns into one and he also taunts her about ''they're coming, lady'' or something and the car rolls down the hill.
Later these people are in a house shooting zombies with double barrelled shotty's and I think that black actor's in it from Texas chainsaw 3.
They run out of bullets and I dunno.
It's in colour.
I'd say it's an 80's film.

I finally got hold of Return of the Living Dead 2 the other week.

Once Dead

Bench
You know I was gonna come in here about 5 months ago and ask if anybody knows about this zombie film I'm trying to get hold of and its title.
See, the thing with most zombie flicks is that they've been made in the early 50's then remade in the 70's and then remade again.

It starts out with a man and a lady in a cemetery and he turns into one and he also taunts her about ''they're coming, lady'' or something and the car rolls down the hill.
Later these people are in a house shooting zombies with double barrelled shotty's and I think that black actor's in it from Texas chainsaw 3.
It's in colour.

Remake of Night of the Living Dead?

Theres a lot of great zombie flicks

Against the dark - new segal movie
Severed- pretty good indy type movie
Diary of the dead - awesome movie very much a film like cloverfield and Quarantine
Day of the dead remake - not perfect but i guess its entertaining
Land of the dead - pretty boring for a zombie flick but i guess its worth seeing
Grindhouse planet terror - the coolest zombie film ever
zombie strippers - funny zombie film with a great cast
dawn of the dead remake - probley the best zombie movie in the last 20 years
dead meat - fun movie
Flight of the living dead - must see funny and great
dead alive - must see
UNDEAD- Aliens/Zombies cool charcters what more can u ask for
i didnt mind shaun of the dead but way too much storyline for a zombie flick

Last edited:

It's in colour.

you mean dawn of the dead ??? well thats where the guy from texas chainsaw masacre is from,but that was 70s

jc155776

Coach
Hopefully some more news on the upcoming World War Z movie is released! Rumoured to be in pre=production.

Will be an epic film by all accounts, aiming for big things...

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah, OG Dawn of the Dead was amazing. I really enjoyed the remake though, expecially the scene where Andy is shooting zombies who look like celebrities.

"Ooh look Jay Leno!!"

Shaun of the Dead is not only a great zombie movie but also a great movie on its own. Had loads of dark humour that only the Brits really know how to do. "You've got red on you...". The scene where he wakes up and goes to the corner store to get a coke and a cornetto is priceless.

28 Days and 28 Weeks Later are epic movies as well...purely because of the Rage Virus and how quick it spreads.

I love my post-apocalyptic movies and books. I can't get enough of them. I just finished Year Zero which was bloody excellent...with zombie-ish characters

PJ

First Grade
Hopefully some more news on the upcoming World War Z movie is released! Rumoured to be in pre=production.

Will be an epic film by all accounts, aiming for big things...

The book and audio book were brilliant.

Kurt200

Juniors
The Resident Evil movies arent too bad, 1 is easily the best. 28 days/weeks later are both awsome hopefully they make a 28 months later that would be cool.

Coaster

Bench
'Quarentine', is a recent release Zombie flick, set in Blair witch style handicam.

Wasnt too bad, some good scenes and special effects.

Has the sister out of "Dexter" in it

"Shaun of the Dead" for me. I enjoy a good laugh and this is brilliant.

Which reminds me, while shopping around for a Mother's Day present for my wife, Dymocks had a re-write of an old high school English favourite - "Pride and Prejudice...and Zombies".

No kidding. Had to flick through and there are line drawings throughout. Excellent.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0405200...ks/pride_and_prejudice_and_zombies_163040.htm

This is Jane Austen for blokes...