What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zomg MKII

Micistm

Bench
As much of the same team for next week as poss IMO.

Stoked with that performance. But they got to keep it going now or risk the I told you so brigade mouthing off. I can already hear Telfer monday morning on Radio Sport with his patronising and arrogant 'Yes, but that's what so frustrating about the Warriors- They can perform like that yet have a shocker the following week'...It's called the NRL, Telfer you ignorant ****wit. Any team can beat any other on the day. I know that's hard to understand for a guy that sticks to his Golf and Netball (With a hint of Union). Notice he never brings up other teams that do the same- And makes it sound like the Warriors are alone down that end of the table!

Anywho...not many comments about the 'second rate aussies' this week. And I guess Cleary will be safe for another week too.

ozbash

Referee
not many comments about the 'second rate aussies' this week

i actually thought the " hacks" went pretty well actually.

mckinnon played like he played games 1 +2, gatis was great out of dummy half,, witty looked good, ravs was dissappointing tho. why wont he take on the line, cause a bit of confusion ?. if he had played with some of the form he showed last season, we would have put another 20 on the panthers..

good to see the ad-lib, throw it around stuff. much preferable to the boring one out,panic pass crap we've been dished up the last few weeks. hopefully the boys (burnt out, wannabe aussie hacks included) have turned the corner..

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
The thing that got me last night was that nobody put in a f**kwitted kick, even if the execution on some of them wasn't stunning.

Every kick had a purpose, unlike the kicks we were getting earlier in the year.

Rich102

Staff member
Do we take anything out of the interchange of Fien for Rovelli in the last 10 minutes? Fien put Lui into a lovely gap. I thought Gattis was the best hooker on show. Witt went much better - but who doesn't going forward?
Swan looked the player of old. Great all round performance.
Bring on the Titans!

Swann for me didnt impress at all again. He ran on the left side all night and seemed to pick out Gower everytime but everytime Gower had the better of him and was stronger. Still a good allround didplay. Was Koopu in the centres for Martin or Anderson

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Koopu played in the centres.

Yeah Swann didn't impress too much but was still alright.

Fien picked up a good couple of try assists. Especially the one where he put Louie through a hole.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
The thing that sticks out in my mind while watching the replay is how Luck is constantly right next to the try scorer in support.

He's going great.

MKEB...

Staff member
Koopu didnt look out of place in the centres though he did butcher a certain try.

MKEB...

Staff member
Really is their any need to offload Gatis for stuart Webb. I thought Gatis played bloody well last night and has never really let the side down. Seems we willpay overs for a rake that is really no better than Gatis.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Just having a look around the stats on the Warriors website....

Who would have thought that Witt would be our top try scorer so far!

And hows this for a bold prediction....Witt will end up on the list below at the end of the season.

MOST POINTS IN A SEASON 1995-2007

IVAN CLEARY (8 tries, 105 goals)

IVAN CLEARY (3 tries, 80 goals, fg)

TONY MARTIN (6 tries, 68 goals)

STACEY JONES (5 tries, 63 goals, fg)

Well he defitnitly would if he had been kicking from the start of the season.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
Really is their any need to offload Gatis for stuart Webb. I thought Gatis played bloody well last night and has never really let the side down. Seems we willpay overs for a rake that is really no better than Gatis.

Bingo.

Iafeta

Referee
Rich102 said:
Do we take anything out of the interchange of Fien for Rovelli in the last 10 minutes? Fien put Lui into a lovely gap. I thought Gattis was the best hooker on show. Witt went much better - but who doesn't going forward?
Swan looked the player of old. Great all round performance.
Bring on the Titans!

Ouch some harsh comment on Rovelli, I thought he was good... he was often the link man between the forwards offload and getting it onto McKinnon. I'd take that performance from a half any day of the week at the moment.

As far as Fien putting Louis through a gap, yep, but the next set he put on a hospital pass to Lauaki. That's the problem with Fien, he goes to the line too much and plays too flat. It can cause a lot of turnovers and big hits.

Iafeta

Referee
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:

Agreed, you get Gatis off the back of those offloads and he'll carve up as good as anyone.

He was great last night. I'd have no qualms with him staying if no one is putting their hand up from the Lions as a dummy half of his quality.

Iafeta

Referee
Victor Meldrew said:
The thing that sticks out in my mind while watching the replay is how Luck is constantly right next to the try scorer in support.

He's going great.

The other thing I note with him is when a half break is threatening he's there to chop down the attacker. His cover defence is excellent.

I'm unashamedly a fan of his performances at the Warriors.