What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zomg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Can't believe that we came away with a win. I didn't think we had a chance.

Pretty much everyone stood up which was great. Defence was brilliant.

MKEB...

Staff member
Damn, My prediction was out by four.

Did I hear Wopo say that we have got a friday night game this week?

Nice to see such a good effort from the team, toughed it out well in the second half with some good wet weather football. Hopefully it will give them a bit of confidence so they can make it two in a row.

I don't know if it was a decision made because of the rain or not, but if so I think the decision to play two fairly big centers in Byrne and Mannering was a masterstroke by Cleary. The beefing up of the backline was just what was called for in the conditions.

Micistm

Bench
i had the correct difference of ten, just wasn't quite the 28-18 I had envisioned! But good on 'em, was so pleased for them after some pretty unfair comments IMO over the past few weeks- Not so much in the performances, which they would agree themselves were under par, but the 'second rate Aussie' stuff, the flogging Vativai got after his game from hell.
Not quite there yet but well on the right track and should give them heaps of confidence. Inspirational stuff- They wanted it, no doubt about that.

Rich102

Staff member
What a game from Price! Incredible.
All the team chipped in tonight. Great.
Let's hope it continues.

mean

Juniors
Gotta love starting the week with less negativity and despair. Something obviously worked.

da mad maori

Juniors
Gotta say it certainly is good to wake up with a win under our belt.
Still a heck of a lot of work to do, but hopefully that win will spur the boys on to better things.
We are going to lose Price for one, possibly two games, and yet there is no one else who has put their "follow me boys" hat on.
He will be a huge loss.
The dropping of Lance and Martin wasnt a last minute thing. That was let out of the bag by a certain person earlier in the week.
I tell ya what tho, if Mannering can start getting off-loads into his game, he is gonna be an awesome player for us.
But last nite ball security was high on the list, and we did that very well.

Rich102

Staff member
da mad maori said:
Gotta say it certainly is good to wake up with a win under our belt.
Still a heck of a lot of work to do, but hopefully that win will spur the boys on to better things.
We are going to lose Price for one, possibly two games, and yet there is no one else who has put their "follow me boys" hat on.
He will be a huge loss.
The dropping of Lance and Martin wasnt a last minute thing. That was let out of the bag by a certain person earlier in the week.
I tell ya what tho, if Mannering can start getting off-loads into his game, he is gonna be an awesome player for us.
But last nite ball security was high on the list, and we did that very well.

Do tell?

da mad maori

Juniors
Dont mind admitting it bro, but it was me.
Couple here can verify that.
It was dmm's scoop of the week last tuesday [at his site], and came under a bit of stick.
But DMM came through again, with his Warriors flag flying high.

LeagueNut

First Grade
So they were definitely dropped? Or are there a couple of injuries we don't know about?

I didn't think Marto or Lance were going too badly this year, although Lance isn't a centre. Either way, it certainly helped having more size (Mannering) out there last night.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I think Mannering should stay in the centres for the rest of the year. Made some good metres out wide.

I kind of remember the commentators saying Martin had some sort of injury...? Byrne played well and should probably retain his place for next week.

Forwards stepped up this week and there was a huge improvement in the halves.

Steve Price is a Legend, invaluable. Happy for Manu, you could see a lot of that weight falling off his shoulders as he slid across for that try. Our D was our offence last night.

If our halves can learn to control the game alot better than they are now, the way our defence is going we have a chance to do better than just make the eight. It just seems because of all the shuffling around it is like they are trying to play and practice at the same time on attack.

If they can settle on their combinations, practice hard maybe we'll see a better performance on attack by the boys 'cos if we get our attack right lookout whoever stands in our way.

Micistm

Bench
The only downside for me is Lance dropped. IMO that's pretty unfair when he's done all he's been asked, played fairly well but shoved in the centres where he's clearly just not one.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I think Lance was injured

Congratz, a gritty/boring win is far better than a flashy/exciting loss. Only downside is that the Madhouse wont be streaking up Queen St tomorrow morning now :p

Skinner

Coach
Beavers Headgear said:
I think Lance was injured

Congratz, a gritty/boring win is far better than a flashy/exciting loss. Only downside is that the Madhouse wont be streaking up Queen St tomorrow morning now :p

Nah, he wasn't injured, he played for the Lions

Micistm

Bench
Hopefully they'll keep the streak promise going for the year...that extra pressure seemed to help the Warriors!

There were definately still a few issues to iron out...it wasn't perfect by any means, but hopefully this will give them heaps of confidence to build on. I was really stoked with the game considering the **** conditions- Ball control was excellent (Ignoring Ah Vans drop with a clear line!)and defence was great. It was good to seem them throw it round a bit, which had the heart in the mouth at times with the Weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts