What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zuess Cut Loose ?

Frenzy.

Immortal
McSharkie said:
Well if that's the case and Zues is definately leaving then Bryson should be elevated to the top 25.

That can't be done. It's based on the 25 highest earners.

Shark

Bench
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
That can't be done. It's based on the 25 highest earners.

What about 2003 when Ando reportedly told Deano that he wasn't in the top 25, and wasn't required to turn up to training with 1st grade?

On money, Deano was easily in the top 25, probably the top 5 or 6.

Didn't stop Ando the Axe!

I've heard a lot about Beau Scott, but haven't had the opportunity to see him play. If the rumours about Goldy are true, surely it would be worth giving the kid a run in the top flight.

black_dot

Juniors
island pro said:
imagine covell, mellor and mckenna all in the same backline... not too much speed there...

no different to what's there currently.......

Simmons is the only genuine speedster we have mate.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Shark said:
What about 2003 when Ando reportedly told Deano that he wasn't in the top 25, and wasn't required to turn up to training with 1st grade?

On money, Deano was easily in the top 25, probably the top 5 or 6.

Didn't stop Ando the Axe!

That's the operative word. Deano would still of been in the 25 but not Ando's own 25.

Wasn't 2003 the year we had a small breach of the cap as well or was that earlier?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Eskimo Sharkie said:
I've heard a lot about Beau Scott, but haven't had the opportunity to see him play. If the rumours about Goldy are true, surely it would be worth giving the kid a run in the top flight.

I'm sure you'll see him soon E_S.

black_dot

Juniors
What about players conspiring Sparrow ?

Their intention of course isn't to put a club over the cap, but their actions in trying for other gains certainly can do that.

Ie what if a player needed a certain amount of first grade games to get his bonus/upgrade for the year , and so he asks the bloke in first grade who has a niggle to bung it on during the week and sit the game out, thus giving the reserve grader who may be out of the top squad the game he needs to get an upgrade ?

Very hard to administrate against that.

Frenzy.

Immortal
black_dot said:
What about players conspiring Sparrow ?

Their intention of course isn't to put a club over the cap, but their actions in trying for other gains certainly can do that.

Ie what if a player needed a certain amount of first grade games to get his bonus/upgrade for the year , and so he asks the bloke in first grade who has a niggle to bung it on during the week and sit the game out, thus giving the reserve grader who may be out of the top squad the game he needs to get an upgrade ?

Very hard to administrate against that.

Almost impossible beeks without the aid of a few others but clubs are onto that sort of thing and if they had any inkling they'd use someone out of the blue like they did with Mick Greenfield.

The downside to a scam like that for a player is that the bloke pulling part 1 of the "con", the injured guy, can't guarantee who the coach will put in the side in his place.

They know exactly who is due bonuses and upgrades and when.

That is actually ICAC worthy BTW.

black_dot

Juniors
I know it is. But it's not as hard to work out for the players as you think. Think about some coaches/teams that are fairly written in stone most weeks, there is a history of a certain player stepping up when the other is injured, it works in some positions better than others, halfback for example, fullback, front row. Not so easy for the players in the backrow/centres or wingers to pull that trick.

But if over the past 8 weeks when the regular, always picked first grader has missed a match through injury/suspension and comes right back in the following week, and the fill in player is always the same one picked, it's pretty simple to work.

Most players knock it back, playing first grade means alot to them, even the old hands and the stigma of it doenst sit well at all, however if the player needing the first grade games to get an upgrade of say $10000 offers the other player a third of it for simply sitting out a week......

Frenzy.

Immortal
black_dot said:
I know it is. But it's not as hard to work out for the players as you think. Think about some coaches/teams that are fairly written in stone most weeks, there is a history of a certain player stepping up when the other is injured, it works in some positions better than others, halfback for example, fullback, front row. Not so easy for the players in the backrow/centres or wingers to pull that trick.

But if over the past 8 weeks when the regular, always picked first grader has missed a match through injury/suspension and comes right back in the following week, and the fill in player is always the same one picked, it's pretty simple to work.

Most players knock it back, playing first grade means alot to them, even the old hands and the stigma of it doenst sit well at all, however if the player needing the first grade games to get an upgrade of say $10000 offers the other player a third of it for simply sitting out a week......

Yes.

Well bowled.

I'm letting this one go through to the keeper.

Frenzy.

Immortal
black_dot said:
surely george is a winger at best though ? cant believe they play him in the centres.....

I think they are so short George could be halfback soon :lol:

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Zeus if given a real shot at centre could make all you haters look very stupid.

Goldy WAS given a real shot, the entire 2004 season was his chance, and than this year he had like 2-3 games to redeem himself but he still has nothing!!!

I find it weird that some people opposed Simmons sooooooooooo much yet he was and remains to come up trumps, while a PL player (at best) who has shown this on ample occasions deserves 1001 chances.........its double standards personified

Alan Shore

First Grade
Simmons has made progress, but he is far from being defensively solid. McGoldrick hasn't shown much and if rumours about his attitude are correct than I'd punt him for sure. Perhaps with Bird out, should we be struck by further misfortune with Dykes or Kimmorley being unavailable for whatever reason he might be worth a shot at 5/8th.

Latest posts