What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bobby Fulton - just how good was Bozo?

The Eagle

Juniors
'The' Eagle suits your Marvel Comic mentality, if Bellamy did the same as Fulton to procure players the Storm would be unbeatable. Craig will always be 10 times the coach Bob was because of his opposing view of poaching . . . maybe even a coaching 'immortal'

Are you serious? Have you ever watched a Bellamy coached team without Cameron Smith?

40-0 FORTY NIL

He's a f**king overrated nuffy whose entire impact upon the game has been wholly negative,the chickenwing,the rollingpin,the crusher,the prowler,the crocodile roll,plus the numerous tainted premierships (2006-2010) and due to the inept NRL governance at the time he's still feeding from that poisoned tree

If Craig Bellamy was part of your body the Drs would tell you that you have a malignant growth that needs to be immediately excised with a follow up of both Chemotherapy and radiotherapy and even after surgery and treatment theres a big chance you still won't be the same as you were

POPEYE

Coach
Are you serious? Have you ever watched a Bellamy coached team without Cameron Smith?

40-0 FORTY NIL

He's a f**king overrated nuffy whose entire impact upon the game has been wholly negative,the chickenwing,the rollingpin,the crusher,the prowler,the crocodile roll,plus the numerous tainted premierships (2006-2010) and due to the inept NRL governance at the time he's still feeding from that poisoned tree

If Craig Bellamy was part of your body the Drs would tell you that you have a malignant growth that needs to be immediately excised with a follow up of both Chemotherapy and radiotherapy and even after surgery and treatment theres a big chance you still won't be the same as you were

You're an easier mark than AG . . . where is he by the way

POPEYE

Coach
Just so there's no misunderstanding, Mr Eagle is saying that a coach who spent years developing 3/4 of the Melbourne, Queensland and Australian spine, not to mention other equally credentialled players should still be able to win without the one he nurtured the most at virtually a moment's notice as in 2008. He then says the same coach is not as good as another coach who acquired all his stars as Chrismas presents from a Godfather.

Dave_

Juniors
Benefit of the doubt would have Bozo possibly as good an opportunist as Killer. If field goals were still worth 2 points and Lyon was as exceptionally gifted as Bozo performing them he too would win enough games singlehandedly to become immortal, whatever the f**k that means. As far as statistics are concerned Lyon wins hands down

Lol @ Lyon being compared to an immortal. Decent club player but absolutely terrible rep player, hence the reason he wont play it. The greats dominate the big games. Once again, a very loud lol.

Patorick

Staff member
Just so there's no misunderstanding, Mr Eagle is saying that a coach who spent years developing 3/4 of the Melbourne, Queensland and Australian spine, not to mention other equally credentialled players should still be able to win without the one he nurtured the most at virtually a moment's notice as in 2008. He then says the same coach is not as good as another coach who acquired all his stars as Chrismas presents from a Godfather.
218950-2b988e32-4781-11e3-b366-b430cfe3cfdd.jpg

menzies_3.jpg

1996-Steve-Menzies-with-Manly-team-mate-John-Hopoate-6281618.jpg

gUt

Coach
Look at those f**king Eagles scum sellout Pepsi quaffing corporate merkins

The Eagle

Juniors

Toovey was bought?
Menzies was also bought?
I was under the impression both were local Juniors

How many of Bellyaches are Melbourne Juniors?

How many times was Bozo caught over the cap? Nil like Bellamy without Smith

POPEYE

Coach
Toovey was bought?
Menzies was also bought?
I was under the impression both were local Juniors

How many of Bellyaches are Melbourne Juniors?

How many times was Bozo caught over the cap? Nil like Bellamy without Smith

Crikey, I hope you realise how much I appreciate this, my regular sparring partners seemed to have deserted me. Perhaps you may even find time to bump my blog along.

I'm not going to bother cluttering up these pages with pictures of Bellamy's prodigies, heaven forbid, even researching a list would be exhausting for a soc like me. There is one question however.

If anyone owned juniors no matter where they're found there would be anarchy so we're relieved that's not the case. The question is, if a coach, say Dessie as a modern day example, pretended he's exhausted all means of finding talented youngsters, decided as a quick fix he'd plunder the fruits of other clubs would you think that was ok.

By the way, Menzies is almost equal with Cronin as my all time favourite player because of the loyalty factor, even a f**kwit like Fulton could never alienate him

Oh, I love your last line . . . that will have the urine bubbling out from many an old pair of undies

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Your so far off base with this one Pops, it's rather sad. Did Bozo hit on your missus back in the 70s?

drago brelli

Bench
Ok. I do not know much about Bozo. I've seen one game of his on DVD when he was past his peak ('78 Amco Cup final) but he was still pretty good.

But what do those who watched Fulton play think? There will be those here either old enough or with good enough video collections to make a judgement. Is he immortal class? Is he really deserving to be on the bench on the team of the century? How does he compare to other centres and 5/8s? Which modern player is he comparable too?

How good was Bobby Fulton?
Easily the best Manly player but an Illawarra wests' junior. He was ahead of his time in regards to fitness, speed off the mark, strength and skill level. As a person, well...... Instrumental in John Hopoate's development as a player, there's an indication. He, Hadley and 2GB are made for each other.

Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
He was ahead of his time in terms of preparation and looking after himself. He didn't knock himself about with the alcohol as much as others that time. He had all the skills but with a winner's attitude. Not always your favourite bloke but you can't argue with his record.

Yes , i think Bullseye on the money.
I remember Fulton being called the First professional player versus most other players who worked from Policeman , club cellar men to garbos.
Fulton played smart and if there was opportunity he knew how to take it , fair or not.

POPEYE

Coach
Your so far off base with this one Pops, it's rather sad. Did Bozo hit on your missus back in the 70s?

Are all your 26k+ so creative and self explanatory. I have been interested in League since the '63 Dragons were creaming everyone's jeans. Bozo was an exceptional player among a miriad of exceptional players before, during or since his foray

Many were creative and less obvious and many opportunists like Bob that stood out like dog's balls. To record his ever blossoming deeds as superior to those of Meninga as just one example among many is ludicrous.

His coaching career is an epitome of 'jobs for the boys', an insult to the type of coach we need to find and nurture new talent in order to keep the game alive.

If you want to preach to the uninitiated youngsters on this forum go right ahead, no amount of bravado and weak kneed comebacks directed at me will change my views

Parra

Referee
Are all your 26k+ so creative and self explanatory. I have been interested in League since the '63 Dragons were creaming everyone's jeans. Bozo was an exceptional player among a miriad of exceptional players before, during or since his foray

Many were creative and less obvious and many opportunists like Bob that stood out like dog's balls. To record his ever blossoming deeds as superior to those of Meninga as just one example among many is ludicrous.

His coaching career is an epitome of 'jobs for the boys', an insult to the type of coach we need to find and nurture new talent in order to keep the game alive.

If you want to preach to the uninitiated youngsters on this forum go right ahead, no amount of bravado and weak kneed comebacks directed at me will change my views

The Storm cheated. Nothing to admire about that.

POPEYE

Coach
The Storm cheated. Nothing to admire about that.

What thread are you meant to be in . . . think I have a mudmap here somewhere. And I see you're a coach as well, a Bozo prodigy maybe

Last edited:

The Eagle

Juniors
Easily the best Manly player but an Illawarra wests' junior. He was ahead of his time in regards to fitness, speed off the mark, strength and skill level. As a person, well...... Instrumental in John Hopoate's development as a player, there's an indication. He, Hadley and 2GB are made for each other.

Hoppa done his poppa-in at the tigers,Terry Lamb was coach at that stage wasn't he? A grub with a grub understudy

Bob Fulton's teams won within the rules of the given competitions,Craig Bellamy's did not (Bar one but Pop's would rather win the JJ nothing award than the Proven-Summons),if Bellamy was half as good as Popsicle thinks he is Origin as a concept would never have died,what sort of coach can't even shut down the blokes he works with every single day of his life? a pathetic one thats what type