What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

Tayjack

Juniors
Ur not wrong spot, carney has to be there, he is as close as we have, if Mullen is in form and starts running the ball more, I'd play him at 6, carney at 7.

Spot On

Coach
TJ, Carney is in a hole. Playing effing horrible. Won't tackle and looks as though he doesn't care. I know the Sharks are going through a terrible period but he's not doing his job very well. He'll have to improve out of sight over a number of weeks to get a look in.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Class is permanent. Form is temporary. Carney has class.

1. Hayne
2. Taufua
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris
6. Mullen
7. Carney
13. Bird
12. Gallen (c)
11. Watmough
10. Tamou
9. Hinchcliffe
8. Grant

14. Kelly
15. Merrin
16. Fafita
17. Scott

Spot On

Coach

He's a horrible defender. Class with the ball at times. He's not a shadow of the player he was in 2010.

I like that side above. Happy to have another centre over Jennings though. Not sure about Time Grant either.

Last edited:

Sujskiez

Juniors

1. Hayne
2. Taufua
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris
6. Mullen
7. Carney
13. Bird
12. Gallen (c)
11. Watmough
10. Tamou
9. Hinchcliffe
8. Grant

14. Kelly
15. Merrin
16. Fafita
17. Scott

Though i would rather have hayne at centre and stewart on the FB position with tonga replacing jennings

Joker's Wild

Coach
He's a Qlder mate, he even played for them a few years back lol

Edit: Nice edit mate. I guess Willie Tonga has the same first name aye

Last edited:

milton

Juniors
1. Stewart
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings/ Hayne
5. Tupou (we need a leaper)
6. Maloney/ Hayne
7. Pearce (he will get picked)
8. Woods
9. Farrah
10. Taumau
11. Graham
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. Reynolds
15. Watmough
16. Merrin
17. Fifita

Although sharks have been terrible, I like Wade Graham but I think Cordner will get the start. I think Woods will get selected with his new found aggression this year. Tupou will give us presence in the air.

Spot On

Coach
1. Stewart
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings/ Hayne
5. Tupou (we need a leaper)
6. Maloney/ Hayne
7. Pearce (he will get picked)
8. Woods
9. Farrah
10. Taumau
11. Graham
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. Reynolds
15. Watmough
16. Merrin
17. Fifita

Although sharks have been terrible, I like Wade Graham but I think Cordner will get the start. I think Woods will get selected with his new found aggression this year. Tupou will give us presence in the air.

I hope Woods gets another go. Can't say I'd be upset if Tupou gets a start either.

ek999

First Grade
If Farah (or Ennis or Peats for that matter) plays I don't see the need for a utility on the bench. It is a wasted position because they are 80 minute players. Picking someone just for injury cover is stupid and impacts on the forward rotation. Pick 4 forwards on ther bench and if their is an injury to the halves or hooker move Bird into the halves and a half to hooker. If there is an injury to the outside backs, shuffle them so Bird or Lewis is at centre. It's not ideal playing people out of position but it is better than wasting a bench spot just in case there is an injury

Jason Maher

Immortal
People don't want Jennings? Seriously? He has done very well in a blue jersey, even when picked from reggies.

Hutty1986

Immortal
People don't want Jennings? Seriously? He has done very well in a blue jersey, even when picked from reggies.

You reckon mate? I reckon jennings has been fairly underwhelming for NSW.. few brilliant tries mixed in with poor errors and not enough decent involvement. Still waiting for him to really make his mark on a SOO series...though you could say the same for a NSW side that has been playing (mostly) like sh*t for the past 8 years.

timka4

Bench
I think Jennings has had a couple of good games and others just average. But to be honest I don't think it's always been his fault. Our backs are getting f**king terrible ball from our halves in the past. By the time they get it they are getting put on the ground

betcats

Referee
If they pick Kidley or Ennis they are not being serious.

Jennings has been ok I think, would be harsh not to select him unless his club form is no good. Even at Penrith he always had tough games against hodges.

big hit!

Bench

1. Hayne
2. Taufua
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris
6. Mullen
7. Carney
13. Bird
12. Gallen (c)
11. Watmough
10. Tamou
9. Hinchcliffe
8. Grant

14. Kelly
15. Merrin
16. Fafita
17. Scott

A shame it ain't American Football and you can't hook players off the park when the team is defending. I don't give a stuff how good Carney is with ball in hand, he should not go near an Origin match again unless he can defend. Liability of the highest order.

Time to think about all phases of the game.

And #11, 12 & 13..........who is your middle forward, and who are the edge forwards?