What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No place for this in our game

DC_fan

Coach
Queensland lock Luke Bateman suffers homophobic slur in NSW’s U20s State of Origin victory

THE NRL will launch an investigation after Queensland lock Luke Bateman suffered a homophobic slur in a drama-charged finale to NSW’s thumping 30-8 under-20s Origin win.

The Baby Blues’ third straight under-20s Origin victory was marred by a NSW player calling Bateman a “f***ing gay c***” in a spirited affair at Penrith’s Sportingbet Stadium.

The incident occurred in the 74th minute, with Bateman abused by a Blues opponent after pushing a NSW teammate as a scrum was about to pack.

Referee Chris Sutton immediately looked at the NSW player in question, suggesting he heard the offensive remark.

The comment was clearly audible on Fox Sports’ live coverage of the code’s premier junior representative fixture and the NRL will move to identify the offender

Rugby league is an inclusive sport and any form of vilification is unacceptable,” an NRL spokesman said.

“We will work with both the state leagues to investigate the matter and take appropriate action.”

NRL powerbrokers have previously adopted a hardline stance on racial slurs fired at former stars Dean Widders and Petero Civoniceva.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...f-origin-victory/story-fni3fqyo-1226904424159

BranVan3000

Coach
Very poor from a bunch of kids who aren't used to being televised and have probably never received any formal training on it

I doubt that the kid is a homophobe. I refer to South Park for the changing definition of "gay" and "LollyPop".

oikee

Juniors
Scrap the under 20's game. A breeding ground for hate fueled violence.

The ya-hooing and carrying on by the blues was spiteful, hateful and un-called for in a under 20's comp that should be highlighting future talent, not future thugs and bullies.
Either get real refs and have send-offs to maintain the hate, or scrap this non event.
I have just posted the NRL REPORT OVER ON THE TROLL CAVE UNDER WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS FOR THE GAME 2017. If your interested. No skin off my nose if you dont care.

no name

Coach
While I agree it has no place in the game, why did they persist with the on field mics after the first 5 minutes?

If the bloke actually is gay then old mate who said it should be hammered.
If he's not then I don't actually think the player who said it meant it as a homophobic slur, people call other people 'gay merkins' all the time without actually inferring they are gay.

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
What do you expect in Australia? :lol:

You lot have trouble with multiculturalism so homophobia isn't surprising :cool:

NrlCoach

Juniors
^^

42UZIhH.gif

Tayjack

Juniors
What does it matter if he is?

Either way it does not excuse what was said.

Seriously pal- are you kidding here??????

I'm not trying to post this shit to start an argument here, but this happens in every game of every week, of every year of every decade at every single level of football from the under 15's through to test match football, if your going to pull every comment up on a football field in the NRL to either charge or warn someone, there will be no football. And as for it being no excuse -FFS mate, harden up - most players get on with it and can't be bothered retailiating, it's a part of the game and always will be, I can't begin to count the amount of one liners I copped and gave when in a scrum- the best being the mum sledges, wife sledges, eye gouging, fingers in arses, or the best one, running ur fingers up the crack of ur arse before a scrum is packed and wiping it across old mates undernose/top lip .

BranVan3000

Coach

I'm not trying to post this shit to start an argument here, but this happens in every game of every week, of every year of every decade at every single level of football from the under 15's through to test match football, if your going to pull every comment up on a football field in the NRL to either charge or warn someone, there will be no football. And as for it being no excuse -FFS mate, harden up - most players get on with it and can't be bothered retailiating, it's a part of the game and always will be, I can't begin to count the amount of one liners I copped and gave when in a scrum- the best being the mum sledges, wife sledges, eye gouging, fingers in arses, or the best one, running ur fingers up the crack of ur arse before a scrum is packed and wiping it across old mates undernose/top lip .
I think you're confusing your nights out on Oxford Street with footy, mate :?

juanfarkall

Coach
I heard a little on the radio regarding a NSW player apparently having an offensive word written on the tape on his wrist.
Apparently it was clearly visible on TV, but I was out of the house all day and did not see it.
Did anyone else see or hear of this ?

DC_fan

Coach

I'm not trying to post this shit to start an argument here, but this happens in every game of every week, of every year of every decade at every single level of football from the under 15's through to test match football, if your going to pull every comment up on a football field in the NRL to either charge or warn someone, there will be no football. And as for it being no excuse -FFS mate, harden up - most players get on with it and can't be bothered retaliating, it's a part of the game and always will be, I can't begin to count the amount of one liners I copped and gave when in a scrum- the best being the mum sledges, wife sledges, eye gouging, fingers in arses, or the best one, running ur fingers up the crack of ur arse before a scrum is packed and wiping it across old mates undernose/top lip .

I played football when I was much younger and yes some of the things you mentioned did go on. Their was no excuse for it back then and there is even less so today.

God-King Dean

Immortal

tumblr_mrch3hauft1qbmz6lo1_400.gif