What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No place for this in our game

Shorty

Staff member
Its not so much the use of the word queer or gay they are both perfectly adequate descriptors for a homosexual. Queer is a bit more derogative but it has been "taken back" by the gay community. Gay is just an informal way of describing a homosexual really. The Gay and Lesbian mardi gras for example. It was more the fact Moses was insulting Bateman with the word gay that is apparently the problem. Personally boys will be boys and there is lots of bad language chucked about on the field but otoh young players need to understand if they toss out words that might be seen as derogative they will possibly get in trouble for it. Its a lesson learnt but an over the top reaction.
I agree but if they do nothing then it's a bad look for the code.
Not sure why someone would have an issue with it, unless you're on the field playing in front of camera not sure how it impacts them directly.

no name

Coach
Maybe Moses thought Bateman was a happy merkin???

It's not a good look for the game, but why did Fox persist with the audio when after 5 minutes the f bomb was clearly heard a number of times.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It's one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. Common sense would say that Moses wasn't using it in a homophobic context but you could imagine the "outcry" if the NRL overlooked it.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Yes, but you're not doing this on a national stage while trying to sell a product and promote a brand...

The ARLC need to come across as buttoned down corporates, because anything else will damage the games reputation.

Either they can be overly PC, take shit for it know and keep the brand in a good light in the long term,

OR they can be cool about it know, say its a completely normal and acceptable thing to call someone a "gay merkin" and lose all credibility as a social leader...

Yes i agree, but the punishment i hope will be light.

Apey

Staff member
I agree but if they do nothing then it's a bad look for the code.
Not sure why someone would have an issue with it, unless you're on the field playing in front of camera not sure how it impacts them directly.

Some people do like to feel offended for other people.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Some people do like to feel offended for other people.

Its not about that, its not about insulting ANYONE. Not many people are dickish enough to yell "gay" and "androtrop" at an actual gay bloke; but thats not the problem

If "gay" means homosexual, and "gay" also is used as an insult to mean "bad, wrong, shitty, ect." then youre saying gay is bad, wrong, shitty, ect.

Its not about directly insulting a gay dude, its more perpetuating the idea that there is something wrong with being gay.

The NRL isnt going to end this stereotype by itself, but it sure as hell cant be seen as continuing it...

The Rosco

Bench
This is pathetic. What an amazing over-reaction !!!
Seeing as we can't offend them by calling them gay, or whatever . . . let's just call them men who prefer to lick the bumhole of other men, and stick their willy's into other men's bums and mouths. That way, we can't be called homophobes, because that is an abbreviated description of what they actually do that sets them apart.
The amount of support for the bleeding hearts who want to dictate the way we feel about minority groups is simply mind boggling.
As for Jeff Kennett . . . GOOD ON HIM. If my son was playing at that club and they had a known gay man handing out massages, or fitting shorts, or whatever . . . .well let's just say I'd be derelict in my duties as a parent to continue to allow my child to be playing for a club who condoned that offensive and grossly horrendous abuse of trust.
And if you allowed YOUR son be massaged by a man who was dreaming of your son's penis as he rubbed his inner thigh . . . well, you are Fu**ed in the head.
Unless of course you or your son are homosexual. Then it's a footy club made in heaven for all 3 of you. Put on your favourite felching trousers and go nuts !.
Like someone said earlier, It should have been more offensive to have called out "your a spastic merkin", but in this twisted, minority driven, politically correct world in which we live . . . it is a greater sin to use the word gay when it was so clearly not intended to criticise anybody's sexuality.
In the words of Stan Marsh . . . . this is pretty fu**ed up right here.

Apey

Staff member
If "gay" means homosexual, and "gay" also is used as an insult to mean "bad, wrong, shitty, ect." then youre saying gay is bad, wrong, shitty, ect.

Interesting.

So if "gay" means happy, and "gay" also is used as an insult to mean "bad, wrong, shitty, etc.", then you're saying happy (gay) is bad, wrong, shitty, etc.

So if I call someone gay, I actually mean they're happy, and that this is a bad and wrong thing to be. :-k

El Diablo

Post Whore
Seeing as we can't offend them by calling them gay, or whatever . . . let's just call them men who prefer to lick the bumhole of other men, and stick their willy's into other men's bums and mouths. That way, we can't be called homophobes, because that is an abbreviated description of what they actually do that sets them apart.
The amount of support for the bleeding hearts who want to dictate the way we feel about minority groups is simply mind boggling.
As for Jeff Kennett . . . GOOD ON HIM. If my son was playing at that club and they had a known gay man handing out massages, or fitting shorts, or whatever . . . .well let's just say I'd be derelict in my duties as a parent to continue to allow my child to be playing for a club who condoned that offensive and grossly horrendous abuse of trust.
And if you allowed YOUR son be massaged by a man who was dreaming of your son's penis as he rubbed his inner thigh . . . well, you are Fu**ed in the head.
Unless of course you or your son are homosexual. Then it's a footy club made in heaven for all 3 of you. Put on your favourite felching trousers and go nuts !.
Like someone said earlier, It should have been more offensive to have called out "your a spastic merkin", but in this twisted, minority driven, politically correct world in which we live . . . it is a greater sin to use the word gay when it was so clearly not intended to criticise anybody's sexuality.

:-k

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Interesting.

So if "gay" means happy, and "gay" also is used as an insult to mean "bad, wrong, shitty, etc.", then you're saying happy (gay) is bad, wrong, shitty, etc.

So if I call someone gay, I actually mean they're happy, and that this is a bad and wrong thing to be. :-k

Do you know anyone thats ever killed them self for being happy?? or had been screamed at by a mob of being happy?? been told that being happy meant they were broken and needs to be fixed??

Its just about continuing and refreshing abuse thats already happened...

eozsmiles

Bench

How do you go with the gay teachers that teach sex ed and PE to your kids at school?
Or the gay doctor that gives you a prostate exam? Or gives your wife a breast cancer check?
Patrol beaches?
Babysit children?
Give religious guidance?

Assuming someone wants to fiddle with kids just because they are involved with junior footy is questionable. Trying to link it to homosexuality is silly.

While you might want to jump anything with a pulse and the bits in the right spots, don't assume every gay person thinks you or your son have a hot arse.

It's not a competition over what is the greater "sin". The lack of a punishment on one hand doesn't excuse the behaviour of the other. Both examples are out of line, and in a perfect world nobody would be deriding others by calling them geniused or gay. And even though that will never happen, there is no reason why footy can't at least try to set an example and not stand for vilification.

Son of Minto

Bench

For f**ks sake. Were you born in a barn?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
How do you go with the gay teachers that teach sex ed and PE to your kids at school?
Or the gay doctor that gives you a prostate exam? Or gives your wife a breast cancer check?
Patrol beaches?
Babysit children?
Give religious guidance?

Assuming someone wants to fiddle with kids just because they are involved with junior footy is questionable. Trying to link it to homosexuality is silly.

While you might want to jump anything with a pulse and the bits in the right spots, don't assume every gay person thinks you or your son have a hot arse.

It's not a competition over what is the greater "sin". The lack of a punishment on one hand doesn't excuse the behaviour of the other. Both examples are out of line, and in a perfect world nobody would be deriding others by calling them geniused or gay. And even though that will never happen, there is no reason why footy can't at least try to set an example and not stand for vilification.

Well said.

Pete Cash

Post Whore

The combination of your dislike for the gays and in-depth description of what they get up to suggests pretty strongly that you are a closeted homosexual.

Shorty

Staff member
Well, remember to tell all this to the paramedic who's about to save your life, wouldn't wanna' have a gay man checking you out and feeling you up....better not risk it and suffer instead!

Apey

Staff member
Do you know anyone thats ever killed them self for being happy?? or had been screamed at by a mob of being happy?? been told that being happy meant they were broken and needs to be fixed??

Its just about continuing and refreshing abuse thats already happened...

I was merely pointing out the obvious flaw in your argument. That of words having more than one meaning.

Definitely a closet homosexual struggling to come to terms with it all.

Latest posts