What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
Who'd have thought a visiting team that has a decent following and affordable tickets would draw more then expensive tickets against a team with f**k all following.

f**k all following in sydney you mean ;-)....... I'd say the 15 year anniversary shit might also have a bit to do with it as well.

I love how the cowboys are lambasted for not having many fans in Sydney but whenever teams play up north that's never taken into consideration. In our crowd figures, we're expected to get 14-17k every game. The only away teams with any significant following in NQ is Brisbane and Melbourne.

Not having a shot at you either Thorso, just an observation over the years.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks they have found their point of sale price margin for Tigers fans.
$10 tickets, devaluing the game or appropriate pricing to increase crowds?

RedVee

First Grade
It was less lasttime. Why should this time be so much more, especially without Origin players.

f**k all following in sydney you mean ;-)....... I'd say the 15 year anniversary shit might also have a bit to do with it as well.

I love how the cowboys are lambasted for not having many fans in Sydney but whenever teams play up north that's never taken into consideration. In our crowd figures, we're expected to get 14-17k every game. The only away teams with any significant following in NQ is Brisbane and Melbourne.

Not having a shot at you either Thorso, just an observation over the years.

No idea guys.
For the first time for a long time they have spent some time in the MacArthur area. They have had the local media talking about the game, the local radio station had given away umpteen double ticket prizes every day for the last week.
As opposed to ignoring the area except for the opportunity to suggest abandoning it.

RedVee

First Grade
Like any new club NRL fans in that area will likely already have a club they are following pre the Titans being admitted. 15 years time the GC kids of today will be adults and will have grown up as Titans fans. (Or they would if they could afford to go to a game!)

Same for Campbelltown and the Macarthur.

Status
Not open for further replies.