What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Channel 9 the home of rugby league?

POPEYE

Coach
Ray Warren and Jabba as commentators are epitomised by the movie following tonight's game, Lethal Weapon . . . again . . . for f**k's sake retire the 3 of them

moga

Juniors
Ray Warren and Jabba as commentators are epitomised by the movie following tonight's game, Lethal Weapon . . . again . . . for f**k's sake retire the 3 of them
Dogs pack got owned by Easts without Guerra and Cordner, I'm happy with that @ plenty of 014 games to go..

some11

Referee

Hey, hey - Leathal Weapon has aged better than Rabs has.

Gus is alright but he drags himself down to Rab's unengaging commentary.

Last edited:

goodplayer

Juniors
ch 9 sunday footy show should promote all remaning games left to play in the weekends round. tell veiwers where the games are. the prices, the kick off times .

fffkin muppets

azsportza

Live Update Team
ch 9 sunday footy show should promote all remaning games left to play in the weekends round. tell veiwers where the games are. the prices, the kick off times .

fffkin muppets

Yer right.

How good was the kick off and finish last night. Game didn't start until 7:57pm, didn't finish until 9:52pm ?*That is crazy late.

hutch

First Grade
Ray Hadley, delayed coverage, constantly advertising the voice during the commentary - the home of rugby league!

Brutus

Referee
Ray Hadley, delayed coverage, constantly advertising the voice during the commentary - the home of rugby league!

I watched 1 minute of the broadcast before hearing Hardley's voice and looking at those stupid yellow Canberra jerseys.

Turned Triple M on to find out the score.

goodplayer

Juniors
the ch 9 sunday footy show promoted the monday night game today in there show. 7pm kick off

amazing things are happening now wow

they must have read my posts

Diesel

Coach
The viewers that that Voice should get to me seems like the exact opposite demograph of the ones that watch RL, I know they want maximum viewers but to push it like it does would turn most fans off even wanting to watch it

GongPanther

Referee
The home of Rugby League spiritually used to be the S.C.G.

The Rugby League headquarters used to be the N.S.W.R.L. in Phillips St in Sydney.

Lot of fans don't realise this but both of those Rugby League institutions have been systematically removed as casualties of both the war between the A.F.L and the aftermath of the Superleague War.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Just saw them using the Qld and NSW state of origin logos from 3 years ago!

Hardly surprising. I don't know how these "mistakes" keep happening.

They used the wrong NRL logo on the Sunday Footy Show for their ladder...

BlEP0buCcAAsN5J.jpg

(Aired: April 13, 2014)

undertaker

Coach
never thought i'd see the day when Rugby League got preference over AFL on 9 http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/05...=twitter&utm_campaign=wordtwit&utm_medium=web

Well done to whoever made that decision. The tide has definitely changed, as this was something that would've never happened a few years ago

I remember in the past when that stupid EJ Whitten memorial match had precedence over Origin in Melbourne. Even the abysmal revival of Hey Hey It's Saturday in 2010 was shown ahead of Origin.'

Although Origin will be shown at the same time as the news bulletin in Perth, great to see that it is being broadcast live over there after all those years. I think it was in 2008 where game I was shown at 10:30pm, game II at 9:30pm and the decider at 8:30pm. Even with the 8:30pm viewing, those who had Fox Sports could've also watched it at 8:30pm and it finished earlier than the stretched out Ch9 broadcast.

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
Hardly surprising. I don't know how these "mistakes" keep happening.

They used the wrong NRL logo on the Sunday Footy Show for their ladder...

(Aired: April 13, 2014)

9 news bulletin at 6 in brisbane opened with the origin coverage and had the old state of origin logo on the big screen backdrop, while at the same time 7 news had the current logo. It's ridiculous.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Refering to the McDonalds add that was just on in the break pre.kickoff. should that be allowed to happen? I would have thought he nrl with origin being a meg Event would lock out mention or promotion of any other codes and that advert was baltantly advertising soccer participation. Fifa treat other sports like dirt and lock them out, we should not afford them a single mention on any of our biggest days