What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do with Greg Bird

Vic Mackey

Referee
It's being reported watmough is in serious doubt for game 2 with a bicep injury. If so bird in for him

stormbati

Bench
Scott I thought would be "the intimidator" but didnt really notice him or Trex out there. Didnt see any of those line breaks that Scott was responsible for as some have suggested on here.

I say no changes unless injury.

Rod

Bench
I must admit Hoffman and T-Rex weren't non-existent as I expected. Bird as to be there though so one of them has to give way.

Apey

Staff member
Scott got shown up 3x, twice against Slater but I can't remember who the other one was. Picked his defence up later in the game thankfully.

TheManBearPig

Juniors
Scott I thought would be "the intimidator" but didnt really notice him or Trex out there. Didnt see any of those line breaks that Scott was responsible for as some have suggested on here.

I say no changes unless injury.

:sarcasm:

Try watching the replay tomorrow, preferably without alcohol being present.

Eion

First Grade
Scott was a liability in defence. You can trace every point qld scored back to a Scott missed tackle. He's been a good player, but bird in for Scott. No brainer.

Springs

First Grade
I'd put Bird in for Hoffman and Fifita in for Williams if fit. We don't lose anything and we gain quite a lot. Winning team or not, Bird and Fifita are the better players.

Springs

First Grade
Scott was a liability in defence. You can trace every point qld scored back to a Scott missed tackle. He's been a good player, but bird in for Scott. No brainer.

Scott shut down a ton of QLD opportunities, mainly Inglis. If we drop players because of 'they can be traced to a try' then we drop a lot of players, particularly Brett Morris.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bird to replace Scott.

Fifita to replace Williams.

Lewis to swap with Hoffman.

Richards in for B Mozzle (if he's injured). If he isn't injured, then Richards can replace Tupou.

Cammo

Bench
With Reynolds out, Bird to 5/8 and then Reynolds back for game 3 and Bird moves back to the pack

Anything to ensure Daley is not thinking of a way to bring Pearce back

Hoffman and Trex did nothing wrong and Bird is a bit of a loose cannon. I say leave him out barring injury

Bird has consistently been one of the best Blues players, period.

Leaving him out would be like leaving Hayne out.

Who cares if Hoffman and Trex did nothing wrong? They didn't do much right either. You put Bird in the team yesterday and he probably pushes Hayne for a MOM performance.

(Scott had a good game so I wouldn't drop him though)