What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

Springs

First Grade
I have full faith in Daley as a coach. Not as a selector, but definitely as a coach. Brought us within a whisker of winning last year without Hayne and with Pearce as 7, now he's won at Suncorp with a team expected to be steamrolled with two rookie halves and Bird and Fifita out.

big hit!

Bench
Bird is in for t-Rex

Gallen will be a #8 or 10

Bird will be #13 with Hoffman maintaining his position on left.

Woods will go to bench.

Scott missed two important tackles early in game and could lose his starting spot to Lewis anyway for game 2 with Fifita onto bench.

Hoffman doesn't have impact running ball without his left side half putting him in a hole but he'll be maintained based on overall team balance. Only player that will dislodge him is Williams.

kokz2014

Juniors
YEHYAA!! NSW BABY! All you guys who doubted this NSW team...you little of FAITH! Just stay silent so I don't hear you say a single WORD or kiss my bum!

Hard to say but normally you wouldn't change a WINNING team unless its an injury! T-Rex was monstrous, he should of ran more often then passing/offloading it. So if they are bringing back Bird then he would replace either Hoffman, Scott, Merrin. Fifita and Cordner won't be back for game 2. My guess is, NSW have to win at home in game 2 to end the series otherwise it will be a tough game to win game 3 at suncorp.

ANYWAY NSW UP!!

kokz2014

Juniors
Bird is in for t-Rex

Gallen will be a #8 or 10

Bird will be #13 with Hoffman maintaining his position on left.

Woods will go to bench.

Scott missed two important tackles early in game and could lose his starting spot to Lewis anyway for game 2 with Fifita onto bench.

Hoffman doesn't have impact running ball without his left side half putting him in a hole but he'll be maintained based on overall team balance. Only player that will dislodge him is Williams.
Please see post below

let's see what form they have without Canterbury's middle third consistently dominating puff cake opposition in the NRL.

form is an illusion.
Oh right, I remember you now :p
Maybe you should give your counsel to the Maroons because they really need it "form is an illusion" shhh NOW!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Side should not change apart from injury & suspension, simple as that.

Watmough is unlikely - Bird comes in for him and that puts Hoffman back to the bench.

If either of the Morris twins are out - Hopoate comes in.

If Reynolds can't get his charge downgraded... Mullen to partner Hodkinson.

Otherwise, why fix what isn't broken?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Side should not change apart from injury & suspension, simple as that.

Watmough is unlikely - Bird comes in for him and that puts Hoffman back to the bench.

If either of the Morris twins are out - Hopoate comes in.

If Reynolds can't get his charge downgraded... Mullen to partner Hodkinson.

Otherwise, why fix what isn't broken?

yep

big hit!

Bench
Please see post below

Oh right, I remember you now :p
Maybe you should give your counsel to the Maroons because they really need it "form is an illusion" shhh NOW!

What did the NSW halves do? Their form didn't lay on 2 tries or kick NSW out of trouble too often. Their contribution was they got out of Hayne's way.

It was all Hayne. Why some numpties were talking about Hayne on the wing or centre for Dugan at FB was astounding.

Gutsy goal line defence from the Blues. Last night also showed what a little of what NSW have been dealing with over last few years. Despite dominating territory for much of the 2nd half QLD were only threatening on the left side through Thurston. DCE struggled down the other side and our left side defence nullified them well.

One game doesn't win the series.

TheManBearPig

Juniors
Anyone who is saying Beau Scott should remain in the side are either stupid or clearly were drinking too much while watching the game.

His pathetic defense was the only reason QLD were in the game. He allowed a piss-easy LB then proceeded to try to take out Thurston(?) instead of sliding across which would've mean't Morris wouldn't have had to slide in and a try wouldn't have been possible. He then allowed another LB via Slater then another to GI in the 2nd half due to his pathetic arm grabs. If it weren't for Josh Morris running back in, GI would have passed it off to Slater or Boyd and they would have scored.

Scott should not be anywhere near Origin 2. Don't believe me. Re-watch the game

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Scott was the man responsible for stopping Slater scoring on fulltime.

That's good enough for me.

timka4

Bench
1-7 The same, Mullen in for J. Reynolds if suspended

8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Bird
12. Lewis
13. Gallen

14. Fafita
15. Merrin
16. Cordner
17. Watmough

Will happen imo. They will bring back Bird, Cordner (aus starter) and Fafita.

Molon Lave

Juniors
My game 2 Side
1. Hayne
2. B Morris (Taufua if Injured)
3. J Morris (Idris if Injured)
4. Jennings
5. Tupou
6. Reynolds (Bird if Suspended)
7. Hodkinson
8. Woods
9. Farrah
10. Tamou
11. Bird (Hoffman if Bird is at 6)
12. Scott
13. Gallen

14. Merrin
15. Fifita
16. Lewis
17. Hoffman (T-Rex if Hoffman in the starting side)

Last edited:

kokz2014

Juniors
What did the NSW halves do? Their form didn't lay on 2 tries or kick NSW out of trouble too often. Their contribution was they got out of Hayne's way.

It was all Hayne. Why some numpties were talking about Hayne on the wing or centre for Dugan at FB was astounding.

One game doesn't win the series.
blah blah blah get LOST!

Latest posts