What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

typicalfan

Coach
Hoppa, McManus, Taufua and Dugan are on the shortlist imo. If this was a dead rubber Wighton or Walker would be more likely.

Dutchy

Immortal
Gordon playing in the centres this weekend.

I've always thought right centre was his best position.

Cheops

Juniors
Hopoate did enough to get the right centre position imo. He would have been a certainty if not for a poor game last week, but turned it around with a pretty strong all-round game tonight.

I'd go with Mansour on the wing, but could live with any of Dugan, McManus or Taufua.

Y2Eel

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Dugan
3. Stewart
4. Gordon
5. Moylan

Great backline bring on 10 in a row!

lockyno1

Post Whore
McManus is the safe as houses option, can see them picking him, as for the centre, don't pick a stop gap, no point. Walker is the best candidate.

kokz2014

Juniors
Daley said he is basically leaning away from selecting an Origin rookie. Mentioned McManus, Dugan, Hopoate and Mansour (not sure how Mansour isn't a rookie though?)

I personally don't get it, you're one up and playing in Sydney against an injury decimated Queensland team. Couldn't ask for a much safer game in which to debut a player
I like the idea of McManus, Dugan, Hopoate, and Mansour. I totally agree with you playing against a decimated QLD team here. Surely it can't go wrong. If everyone is still skeptic about Mansour then maybe its safer to go with either McManus, Hopoate or Dugan. Although, they are quite ordinary for their club but they do have some origin experience. As much as I would like to see Mansour (not really sold on Hopoate after last night, too shaky to pick him now). I think it would be better to go with a more experience player such as Dugan, and McManus??

big hit!

Bench
if daley goes with beau scott at right centre, dugan on the wing outside him, and hoffman as edge defender that side because bird plays on the left, say goodbye to this series. it also tells me that laurie is no better coach than his old raiders halves partner, ricky. when you are one up at home, this is when you blood one of walker, wighton, or mansour. not game 3 under immense pressure because you have messed up at home.

I'd say the probability of this happening, particularly Hoffman on the right side, is remote.

Sujskiez

Juniors
I'm going to drop the name, and see what happens: Brett Stewart.

You know we can have brett on fullback and move hayne to the halfs where he can freely move around and do his plays. I would personally prefer hayne at FB but the way the Dogs halves played in origin 1 where they did nothing apart from giving the ball to hayne to produce something in which they he can't keep doing at fb so might as well just move him to the halves with stewart to fb where yesterday he proved he has still got some footy in him.

I'm not sure how this opinion would make people react but like i said it is just an opinion

You know we can have brett on fullback and move hayne to the halfs where he can freely move around and do his plays. I would personally prefer hayne at FB but the way the Dogs halves played in origin 1 where they did nothing apart from giving the ball to hayne to produce something in which they he can't keep doing at fb so might as well just move him to the halves with stewart to fb where yesterday he proved he has still got some footy in him.

I'm not sure how this opinion would make people react but like i said it is just an opinion

It wouldn't work. What he was hinting at was having stewart on the wing

Joker's Wild

Coach
Anyone who suggests moving Hayne from full back to anywhere else is an idiot and does not deserve to have eyes to watch footy and therefore should have them burnt out with hot pokers

There, I said it

Sujskiez

Juniors
Anyone who suggests moving Hayne from full back to anywhere else is an idiot and does not deserve to have eyes to watch footy and therefore should have them burnt out with hot pokers

There, I said it

I would agree so much with that but i reckon its time we test hayne in the halves, before you say that would be stupid but i am basing this opinion after lockyer came into mind. Correct me if am wrong but wasn't darren lockyer also the best fb during his times but was later moved onto the 5/8 in 2004 because of his play-making skills so he can gte more opportunities with the ball in the hand and that turned out be an excellent result as he continued rest of his career at 5/8 mainly getting all his reputation from 5/8. If lockyer can succesfully convert from an fb to 5/8 then hayne would have no problem switching and i reckon that is the position where he could advance his career not only for parra but for nsw

Kurt Angle

First Grade
A right hand side of Scott, Hoppa and McManus to keep sure up that side of the field I think will do it.

Cronk out, DCE with threadbare knee ligaments after Kasiano's hit means NSW will go for 12-16 points and lock QLD out.

All QLD have left is Thurston magic and Inglis beasting.

Latest posts