What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Tim

First Grade
66 minute episode next week and they have a lot to get through with only two acceptable final scenes IMO.

Lady Stoneheart hanging out with some Fray's or finding out if Tywin shits gold

Really looking forward to next week.

Both will be epic to the non-readers.

In my mind it ends with Tywin and Shae, and season 5 begins with Lady Stoneheart.
That is how I wanna see it, but will just be both happy and incredibly sad to see the end of Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage's wonderful acting..... not whether the Dink can deliver "Wherever whores go" as well as Dance, but he will get many, many opportunities.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I know we'll be getting the Stannis salvation and the Tywin/Shae double next week, but I imagine we'll also get Sandor's collapse and possibly even the Lady Stoneheart reveal. I feel like that's a bloody powerful moment to end on.

What the f**k is Daenerys to do next week?

beave

Coach
Tell everyone she's the ' mother of dragons' for the 5283858392948583929th time?????........ ;-P

God-King Dean

Immortal
Re: TV spoilers for book readers.

The Night's King being the one who turns the babies is a major one. Not a huge shock, but it's big a spoiler all the same.

I know we'll be getting the Stannis salvation and the Tywin/Shae double next week, but I imagine we'll also get Sandor's collapse and possibly even the Lady Stoneheart reveal. I feel like that's a bloody powerful moment to end on.

What the f**k is Daenerys to do next week?

I'm going to squirt when Stannis arrives. Stannis 4 LyF.

I think the order it happens will go:
1. Tyrion/Tywin/Shae
2. Stannis
3. Stoneheart will be the last shot, just like the books

And Daenerys is just a women, so who cares what happens to her.

Springs

First Grade
Didn't mind the last episode. But I thought there have been better ones this season.

Both a child of the forest and the three-eyed crow were cast so they will be in the next episode. I can't imagine any other ending but Lady Stoneheart.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The better ones were when they didn't kill off the hottest ranga in the 7 continents.

Apey

Staff member
I just found it a bit boring because it focused on only the one subplot for the entire episode. Part of the appeal of the show to me is all the different interconnecting concurrent subplots. Especially after what happened at the end of Episode 8 it felt a bit like "who gives a f**k about this what's happening with Tyrion in King's Landing???".

Parra

Referee
Given the limited episodes each season and the amount of material to cover it was a bit of a waste to devote the whole episode to this battle. Could have been done just as well in 1/3 of an episode.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Given the limited episodes each season and the amount of material to cover it was a bit of a waste to devote the whole episode to this battle. Could have been done just as well in 1/3 of an episode.

You think?

Im not so sure mate. There was a hell of a lot to set up here and if they had cut it down much more it would have felt very very rushed imo. It was actually refreshing to not cut away to different story lines and just get into the flow of what was going on at the wall

Big Pete

Referee
You think?

Im not so sure mate. There was a hell of a lot to set up here and if they had cut it down much more it would have felt very very rushed imo. It was actually refreshing to not cut away to different story lines and just get into the flow of what was going on at the wall

This.

I think there are legitimate gripes such as the set up for the Wall largely being very black and white and one of the less gripping storylines in Game of Thrones and the timing of the episode but the delivery and outcome was great.

As somebody who usually zones out during the Wall plots, I really dug the episode and all the moments that occurred.

Could you imagine if the whole thing only lasted 20 minutes?

OH SHIT GIANT IS CHARGING IN....

Meanwhile in Meereen

:crazy:!!!!!

Better check in with Poderick.

Wonder what Stannis and Davos are doing?

OH SHIT THE WALL! Ummm...Jon Snow joined the fight, just put an axe through one of the wildlings skull and now Ygritte has him cornered.

It wouldn't work.

RHCP

Bench
I don't think anybody would want it cut down to twenty minutes. But yeah, I thought it dragged on a bit. There was plenty of staring into the distance early on.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Plodlor
Giant_Season_3_ep_1.png

Plodant.
tumblr_mmlphmCRhd1rohphko1_400.jpg

Apey

Staff member
the timing of the episode

Probably my biggest gripe of the ones you mentioned, but more how long it went and that there was no variety.

OH SHIT GIANT IS CHARGING IN....

Meanwhile in Meereen

:crazy:!!!!!

Better check in with Poderick.

Wonder what Stannis and Davos are doing?

OH SHIT THE WALL! Ummm...Jon Snow joined the fight, just put an axe through one of the wildlings skull and now Ygritte has him cornered.

It wouldn't work.

You realise in the example you gave this is essentially exactly what they did do?

Just as the giant charged in, they cut to another scene at the wall and didn't show the fight.

Then they went back to this scene later and they were all dead, giant included :lol:

I don't think anybody would want it cut down to twenty minutes. But yeah, I thought it dragged on a bit. There was plenty of staring into the distance early on.

This.

I don't mind the idea of a solid 30 - 40 minutes of The Wall, but not by itself with nothing else thrown in. That to me made the episode boring overall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts