What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah vs. Cameron Smith

Desert Qlder

First Grade
So I guess you didn't read the bit where he said

This is all about him being competitive, not egotistical.

I have a different assessment. For certain he is competitive, and a terrific football player.

But to focus so much of his mental energy on one player demonstrates his insecurities also.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I have a different assessment. For certain he is competitive, and a terrific football player.

But to focus so much of his mental energy on one player demonstrates his insecurities also.

Everyone (except deluded qlderp fans) knows Smith is a shit human, but he's the best hooker going around. Robbie's simply aiming up against the benchmark.

kbw

Bench
I would like to see Smith play a game without forward passes and more importantly without the filth that dominates his game.
Some of this comes out of the notion that the players respect Smith for the great player he is but despise the tactics that he and Melbourne use.
Not many will say it publicly but a lot of players will not play under Bellamy

juro

Bench

I sort of agree with this. He knows, like everyone else, that Smith is an amazing player. So, whenever he plays against him, he is always trying to do better than him. He has something that he desperately wants to prove. Is that insecurity, or just knowing he is coming up against a great opponent?

In a way, it is just showing respect to Smith. If he was playing against a lesser hooker, you wouldn't hear any comments like this.

Rod

Bench
Smith is better over the course of their career. In 2014 Farah is probably slightly ahead.

In any event I've got no issue with what Farah said, he's entitled to back himself and I don't think he said anything particularly inflammatory. I'd rather blokes on my team have that attitude when they go on the field than the alternative. Most likely just answered the journo's question anyway.

All reading waaaay to much into Farah's comments.
If he got asked by Smith he's hardly gonna say "Yeah he shits all over me".

typicalfan

Coach
Cameron is better at pushing the envelope that is what makes him better. Farah tries but usually ends in hot headed frustration.

Swarzey

Bench
I've always found it hard to give Smith all the credit some do. He's had the luxury of playing with first glass players at Melbourne and for Queensland, while Farah simply hasn't. It's easy for the players around you to make you look like a superstar, Sutton and Pearce are perfect examples of that and I don't think Smith is much different. It isn't a knock to his ability, he's up there as one of the greatest hookers to play the game, but Farah coming out and saying this isn't that ridiculous.

typicalfan

Coach
I've always found it hard to give Smith all the credit some do. He's had the luxury of playing with first glass players at Melbourne and for Queensland, while Farah simply hasn't. It's easy for the players around you to make you look like a superstar, Sutton and Pearce are perfect examples of that and I don't think Smith is much different. It isn't a knock to his ability, he's up there as one of the greatest hookers to play the game, but Farah coming out and saying this isn't that ridiculous.

You could say the same about Buderus, Walters and Elias. Do you rate them? Or do you just not know how to?

blaza88z

Coach
he's saying he doesn't believe Smith is better than him, which only allows for 2 other probabilities

he either thinks they are on par with one and other or he thinks he's better than Smith, both of those suggestions are worthy of a good giggle

Thank you Robbie

You could say the same about Buderus, Walters and Elias. Do you rate them? Or do you just not know how to?

Buderus won the Dally M in 04 without Johns for the whole year and had one of the worst teams around him due to injuries so no you couldn't say the same about Buderus.

typicalfan

Coach
But Bedsy played with an Immortal, too difficult to tell if he was good of Joey just made him look good

:lol:

Latest posts