What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2013/2014 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
I bet she is.
I-See-What-You-Did-There-Fry1.jpg

Maroubra Eel

Coach
We'll agree to disagree. It's a bit like bigfoot for mine. If what you say is true, there would be merkins coming out all the time.

Merkins would be selling their story to Current Affair in a flash.

A fiend works for a production house (not Shine). They do shows like that. When they were doing one series she got the whole DVD set for my daughter, but they were very very strong on confidentiality and taped two endings just so the real result never got out. She only gave me the disks the day after the final.

You will no doubt say it's because it's rigged, but trust me - she'd tell me if it was.

Yep, they tape alternate winners on Masterchef also.

pedge

Juniors
I much prefer the original UK Masterchef on Fox. More cooking and less running around in kitchens and shouting out like dumb f**ks. But I guess it ain't trying to sell ads.

Most reality tv shows start out pretty good for the first 1-2 years
But the continual need to change them to keep bringing people back eventually leads them to become more about the drama and conflicts then the actual content of what that show should be
My kitchen rules is a perfect example

Gronk

Staff member
Most reality tv shows start out pretty good for the first 1-2 years
But the continual need to change them to keep bringing people back eventually leads them to become more about the drama and conflicts then the actual content of what that show should be
My kitchen rules is a perfect example

MKR is boring. They should all throw their keys in a bowl at the end to sizzle it up a bit.

Gronk

Staff member
Joe Hockey has told New Zealand that there is no crisis in the Australian economy, nor is it in trouble.
The treasurer also made no mention of the "budget emergency" he and his government referred to when justifying their unpopular budget to Australians.
Instead, Mr Hockey reassured Kiwis that their second biggest trading partner is benefiting from 23 years of consecutive economic growth.
"The Australian economy is not in trouble," he told New Zealand political current affairs show The Nation on Saturday.
Mr Hockey also denied drastic reforms to Australian healthcare, education and taxes were about ideological change.
He said his government's reforms were about continuing growth and stimulating other parts of the economy.
"There's no crisis at all in the Australian economy," the treasurer said.

"The fact is you need to move on the budget to fix it now, and you need to undertake structural reform to structure the economy in the years ahead."
Despite the changes, New Zealand has nothing to worry about in terms of its trading partnership with Australia, he said.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/07/26/hockey-tells-kiwis-there-no-economic-crisis-australia

VD-cigar-408x264.jpg

I'm starting Ray Donovan tomorrow. Finishing OitNB season 1 tonight.

OitNB is a f**king great show. Got a couple of cuties in there and good storytelling. It's obviously a chick's show but I thoroughly enjoy it.

If any bloke out there is looking for a show to watch with a chick, Orange is the New Black is it. Every chick I have showed it to loves it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I couldn't find the original whistle blower article, thats the one you need to read.

Wouldn't surprise me if they paid him to remove it.

Mate theres whistle blowers in every industry, check out the leaks from the eels over the years :crazy:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
OitNB is a f**king great show. Got a couple of cuties in there and good storytelling. It's obviously a chick's show but I thoroughly enjoy it.

If any bloke out there is looking for a show to watch with a chick, Orange is the New Black is it. Every chick I have showed it to loves it.

It is very good. Could use more pissing on the floor but no show is perfect. Besides MASH.

Sadly, no. Although I suppose you could say he gets marked himself, in one episode at least.

If you liked The IT Crowd, you should like Father Ted.

Last edited:
Black Books is good, so is Garth Marenghi's Dark Place (another British comedy).

There's a British dark comedy running at the moment called Utopia, about a graphic novel that contains secrets about a worldwide conspiracy, which people are willing to kill to get their hands on. It's not bad.

Also, does anyone still read these days?

I'm a bit of a fantasy/sci-fi dude: Jordan, Martin, Hobb, Feist for my fantasy, Bova, Bear, Robinson for my sci-fi.

Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts