What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2013/2014 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read quite a lot of classic and modern fiction. Recently finished The Luminaries, which I was sceptical of at first, but is a cracker of a book. Don't read a lot of sci-fi / fantasy (though often listen to Pratchett audiobooks for a bit of a laugh).

For the thirtysomething footyheads, Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch is worth a read.

Gronk

Staff member
Don't have time to read. In my free time I'm into live action role playing (LARP)

IMG_3370.jpg

Haynzy

First Grade
Also, does anyone still read these days?

I'm a bit of a fantasy/sci-fi dude: Jordan, Martin, Hobb, Feist for my fantasy, Bova, Bear, Robinson for my sci-fi.

Anyone else?

Love Jordan and Hobb, also Sara Douglass and Tony Shillitoe . Hobb's The Madship trilogy is one of the best I've read (even though I haven't finished the last book).

A mate of mine Robert Stephenson is a sci-fi/fantasy writer. His book Uttuku is great, I would highly reccomend you check it out.

Love Jordan and Hobb, also Sara Douglass and Tony Shillitoe . Hobb's The Madship trilogy is one of the best I've read (even though I haven't finished the last book).

The Wheel of Time is my favourite series of all time. I almost cried when I finished reading the last book and I did go straight to get a WoT tattoo.

A mate of mine Robert Stephenson is a sci-fi/fantasy writer. His book Uttuku is great, I would highly reccomend you check it out.

Will do. Ask him how to go about getting published for me, will ya? I just started writing my first novel.

The Wheel of Time is my favourite series of all time. I almost cried when I finished reading the last book and I did go straight to get a WoT tattoo.

Why did you have to go straight to get a tattoo? Gay people get them all the time.

That friggin' series took forever. For the last six or so books I just read the Rand stuff. Still, glad Egwene got offed in the end.

It went off the rails a bit in the middle. I hate to say it but the best thing that happened to that series was Sanderson taking over. Egwene was an annoying bitch (all the girls were except Faile and Min) but at least she went out like a champ. Spewing Nyneave didn't go out, too.

It went off the rails a bit in the middle. I hate to say it but the best thing that happened to that series was Sanderson taking over. Egwene was an annoying bitch (all the girls were except Faile and Min) but at least she went out like a champ. Spewing Nyneave didn't go out, too.

Yep, agreed. Jordan had created a nice place but far too expansive. I think he was a bit of a perv myself, all those girls made to run around naked outside and getting bare-bottom spankings....now that I think about it, it might be worth a re-read...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts