What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Where has Mckenzie been the last 18months? Haven't heard him mentioned for ages, was an exciting prospect once upon a time

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Are you mixing up Cecil with Jerome? Cecil is his older brother, Jerome and KJ have gone to Penrith Rugby. Jerome was contracted to us last year.

Forty20

First Grade
How was Goodall's defence, Forty?

I thought he defended pretty well. Far from impregnable though, particularly when the Sea-Eagles started to play some reckless footy in the second half. He was a powerhouse with the ball in hand, par for the course really, but his final touch in the game was truly sublime. Justin Hunt literally turned back to salute him on his way to the try line.

Luke Kelly and was tidy and worked well with Api Pewhairangi for the most part. Justin Hunt had a mixed bag today but at least brought some energy in from the back. Cecil Mackenzie and Ben Fritz both played above their weight, notching four and three tries a piece. That said, Fritz had some issues working with Butler-Fleming in defence and jammed in a couple of times that he shouldn't have, resulting in tries for Manly.

In the forwards Lorenzo Ma'afu, Danny Howard, Daniel Alvaro and Takai Moeakiola all had strong showings.

It was Wenty's best game for some time but they are still well off the pace compared to the other top teams in the NSW Cup.

Avenger

Immortal
As always thanks buddy. Your updates are priceless mate. I'm really looking forward to Goodall. I really think we are looking at him as a Konrad Hurrell type of centre. Probably one of the more exciting backline prospects we have unearthed. I hear Davis is up there but I think Goodall will be ready in 2015.

shelve_it

Juniors
KJ Mackenzie is back playing for Wenty now i am pretty sure. And Jarome just got a contract with the next Western Sydney rams in the new Rugby comp starting soon

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought he defended pretty well. Far from impregnable though, particularly when the Sea-Eagles started to play some reckless footy in the second half. He was a powerhouse with the ball in hand, par for the course really, but his final touch in the game was truly sublime. Justin Hunt literally turned back to salute him on his way to the try line.

Luke Kelly and was tidy and worked well with Api Pewhairangi for the most part. Justin Hunt had a mixed bag today but at least brought some energy in from the back. Cecil Mackenzie and Ben Fritz both played above their weight, notching four and three tries a piece. That said, Fritz had some issues working with Butler-Fleming in defence and jammed in a couple of times that he shouldn't have, resulting in tries for Manly.

In the forwards Lorenzo Ma'afu, Danny Howard, Daniel Alvaro and Takai Moeakiola all had strong showings.

It was Wenty's best game for some time but they are still well off the pace compared to the other top teams in the NSW Cup.

Cheers mate.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing stuff from Goodall.

Good hands, he should make a good centre, his handling ability would be wasted on the wing

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
His aerial ability and go forward would be wasted at centre. Plus he's too big (or not agile enough) to be a good defensive centre. Like Konrad Hurrell.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
His aerial ability and go forward would be wasted at centre. Plus he's too big (or not agile enough) to be a good defensive centre. Like Konrad Hurrell.

I don't think they would be, Pou.

Him being good in the air would just be another weapon in our arsenal. He could still easily defuse bombs in defence, he just wouldn't be doing it as much as he would if he were on the wing.

Him running from dummy half coming out of our own end would also be a very handy. Hoppa does this very well for us.

From what i've seen of him, i'd be a bit worried about him defence though. This can be improved but. If they are serious about him being a potential future centre, they will be out to rectify any problems.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He is being played in the centres for both HYC and NSW Cup for a reason. Centres can have go forward too Poops.

Goodall will be a class centre and as far as I'm concerned Morgan can go on the wing bechase he cant pass or catch.

Oh and yeh, Semi threw a pass on Saturday so lets play him in the centres.