What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Eels Membership

This was the first year i went from being non-ticketed to ticketed and i think i will be going back from next year,

The whole way the process went was appalling, from being promised the packs in time for Christmas and got them in February to the way i was spoken to when you stuffed up my seats at ANZ,

Its just easier for me to just buy tickets each week

Surely that is the easiest thing to actually get right this year. Forget about "upgrading the packs" so that we get better stuff, just make sure the tickets and packs reach the fans when they are promised, preferably prior to the start of the season.

This was the first year i went from being non-ticketed to ticketed and i think i will be going back from next year,

The whole way the process went was appalling, from being promised the packs in time for Christmas and got them in February to the way i was spoken to when you stuffed up my seats at ANZ,

Its just easier for me to just buy tickets each week

Hi Western Eel,

Would you mind dropping me a line to membership at parraeels.com.au so I can look into your concerns for you? I'd also like to find out some more details on what happened to make sure it doesnt happen again.

I dont think I have the post count up yet to send people PM's (nor write our email address correctly above)

I'd hate for the issues you have encountered this season to stop you from joining us again next year.

Larissa

Joely01

Bench
Hi Western Eel,

Would you mind dropping me a line to membership at parraeels.com.au so I can look into your concerns for you? I'd also like to find out some more details on what happened to make sure it doesnt happen again.

I dont think I have the post count up yet to send people PM's (nor write our email address correctly above)

I'd hate for the issues you have encountered this season to stop you from joining us again next year.

Larissa

A good way to get your post count up Larissa is to post some Rumoured signing news you may know ;-) :lol:

oldmancraigy

Coach
A good way to get your post count up Larissa is to post some Rumoured signing news you may know ;-) :lol:

And by 'rumoured signings', he means crap. Just go in the stickied thread at the top of the page, and post the following: "Dear PouPou, Kearney was crap, and there is no evidence he ever did anything good"

Then just keep arguing with whatever is posted in reply, and you'll be right to send PMs in no time at all.

These are my two biggest gripes. My seats at ANZ aren't undercover even though the membership team kept trying to convince me they are... If I could remove the ANZ games from my membership I would. I hate the place.

You are most probably behind the drip line which is technically undercover but there is still 6 stories between you and the roof and that can be a big difference.

As a member of ANZ stadium that sometimes gets Seats in like row 5 of Level 1 (Bledisole) Trust me I understand the concerns.

Having said that if they did cut ANZ out of our memberships, as a ANZ Member, I wouldn't mind saving a few bob but hey at the moment it is no big problem. Maybe if we got all the Cronin stand people up on Level 4 east they might like the place better as well.

As for hating the place . . . There are many more stadiums worthy of your hate than ANZ. Brookvale, Shark Park and Campbelltown top the list of places I hate as a Stadium.

Also interested to know, of the people that hate ANZ because you are "Too far away" from the action, how many of you hold the games at the SCG in high regard ?

By hate the place, in the context of a discussion about home game venues and membership options, your logic is drawing a really low bow.

Hating the place as a compulsory inclusion as 25% of your season ticket and associated cost is different to hating the place but putting up with it for a one-off game (e.g. Grand Final, Origin). A location-based membership option for Parra Stadium would be a sensible addition to the club's offer to its fans.

Last I checked going out to ANZ stadium on your STH was not compulsory, also I want to know where your estimation that of the "Cost" of those tickets to the club comes in" If we are going to estimate . . .

My calculations show that purchasing a season ticket saves over 4 and a half games admission fees than walking up and paying for 11. It is more if you managed to make it to Darwin and got a free ticket.

Whose to say those if savings only happen because we play 3 of those games at ANZ ?

Without those games you still get the admission to Parramatta stadium 1.8 games cheaper than buying retail and the Memberships pack which adds between $30 (add on when we all became FC members) and $70 (B&G army membership). Ticketed memberships are a fantastic deal cost wise, I understand what you want, and to some point your reasons, but again without knowning the cost structure that th ANZ Stadium - Parramatta stadium deal has on memberships, you might be cutting of your nose to spite your face.

You are most probably behind the drip line which is technically undercover but there is still 6 stories between you and the roof and that can be a big difference.

As a member of ANZ stadium that sometimes gets Seats in like row 5 of Level 1 (Bledisole) Trust me I understand the concerns.

Having said that if they did cut ANZ out of our memberships, as a ANZ Member, I wouldn't mind saving a few bob but hey at the moment it is no big problem. Maybe if we got all the Cronin stand people up on Level 4 east they might like the place better as well.

As for hating the place . . . There are many more stadiums worthy of your hate than ANZ. Brookvale, Shark Park and Campbelltown top the list of places I hate as a Stadium.

Also interested to know, of the people that hate ANZ because you are "Too far away" from the action, how many of you hold the games at the SCG in high regard ?

MITS, I think you are fighting a losing argument (although I'm with you on the fact that I don't think ANZ is a bad stadium at all) and I seriously doubt you will ever win some people over. The one thing I will say is that a bad seat at ANZ isn't worth sitting in, but in a stadium of 80,000 seats, there are a lot of good ones to get through before you hit the bad ones.

Doggies fans seem to love ANZ and its facilities, and I think the Eels fans would be in the same boat 2-3 years in.

There are some that still call it Cumberland oval and will tell you till they are blue in the face it is the best ground in the NRL, they will then take a breath and complain about all the stairs to walk up and the loud PA and the bad food and the dangerous walk ways in the wet and so on and so on.

Jodeci

Bench
Last I checked going out to ANZ stadium on your STH was not compulsory, also I want to know where your estimation that of the "Cost" of those tickets to the club comes in" If we are going to estimate . . .

My calculations show that purchasing a season ticket saves over 4 and a half games admission fees than walking up and paying for 11. It is more if you managed to make it to Darwin and got a free ticket.

Whose to say those if savings only happen because we play 3 of those games at ANZ ?

Without those games you still get the admission to Parramatta stadium 1.8 games cheaper than buying retail and the Memberships pack which adds between $30 (add on when we all became FC members) and $70 (B&G army membership). Ticketed memberships are a fantastic deal cost wise, I understand what you want, and to some point your reasons, but again without knowning the cost structure that th ANZ Stadium - Parramatta stadium deal has on memberships, you might be cutting of your nose to spite your face.

Season Ticket Holders for the Darwin game had to pay another $13 on top to sit in the Grandstand.

Jodeci

Bench
But not to get in.

Well someone who I know went up to the game, has 2 season tickets in the terrace on the 40 metre line on the tunnel side.

When he redeemed his ticket for the Darwin game, he didnt get the same seat allocation as the grandstand and terrace is obviously a lot smaller than Pirtek. So when he tried to get an upgrade to the Grandstand, he was told to pay $13 extra and his ticket was near the dead ball line.

The bloke spent $720 in air fares and the least you would think would be to say to the bloke, here is an upgrade to the grandstand for free, etc.

SDM

First Grade
I refused to go to Darwin, because the local sports ground could not guarantee me a red carpet at the front door and a hand shandy at half time.

Well someone who I know went up to the game, has 2 season tickets in the terrace on the 40 metre line on the tunnel side.

When he redeemed his ticket for the Darwin game, he didnt get the same seat allocation as the grandstand and terrace is obviously a lot smaller than Pirtek. So when he tried to get an upgrade to the Grandstand, he was told to pay $13 extra and his ticket was near the dead ball line.

The bloke spent $720 in air fares and the least you would think would be to say to the bloke, here is an upgrade to the grandstand for free, etc.

I thought we sold Territory memberhisps this year, that got you the B&G army stuff and a ticket to that game.

So which of those members and the per purchased ticket holders did he want kicked out so he can have a seat he didn't think about getting in the first place ?

Jodeci

Bench
I thought we sold Territory memberhisps this year, that got you the B&G army stuff and a ticket to that game.

So which of those members and the per purchased ticket holders did he want kicked out so he can have a seat he didn't think about getting in the first place ?

How many members MITS bought the Darwin/Territory Memberships?

50? 100?

How many does the main stand at Darwin hold?

How many members MITS bought the Darwin/Territory Memberships?

50? 100?

How many does the main stand at Darwin hold?

Who knows, but on another note, how many people bought tickets for the grandstand before this guy thought he might like one ?

Here's a tip, Larry: stop all these posts that have legit, meaningful content. We haven't done that around here for years. For a perfect example, just go look at any of Poo's posts.

Instead, just post crap, argue about anything and everything even if it makes no sense, change your opinion every five seconds in the same thread without acknowledging the change, and pick a political side and flog that dead horse until it becomes mince.

Around here, that's how we roll.

Last edited: