What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Eels Membership

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the concept was a great idea but in reality not many questions got answered.

emjaycee

Coach
Larissa is still posting and responding to questions on TheFilthySpammers.
Guess the class of posters like Mrs Casper in here got the better of her and so we all lose out.

I'm certainly still here guys.

I'll try to answer as much as I can, but always best to contact the Club directly for urgent matters.

I'm definitely reading all your comments even if I'm not able to respond to everything directly.

I'm not stopping my childishness just because someone from the Club posts here.

I do have standards, you know...

A good cap and a good keyring are the cornerstones for me. If that's all I get then I'm happy.

But, in terms of stickers...I'd like one with just the logo and that's it. You can get Rabbitohs ones, Dogs ones, Dragons ones with just the logo and I think we should follow suit. Maybe just put a 15 underneath or above it or whatever for next year's membership, but a big rectangle one that has writing is not to my personal taste.

If we just had the logo it would place well on the rear windshield of our cars.

Got to me just in time for this one. I revised next year's design based on your feedback. Hopefully you like it!

emjaycee

Coach
Got to me just in time for this one. I revised next year's design based on your feedback. Hopefully you like it!

Do you mean the sticker has been re-designed Larissa? I hope so.

I have mentioned to a couple of people I know at the club that we need to be competing with the Bunny and the Bulldog with a simple white sticker as there are too many of them on cars in the Parramatta area already.

But these shouldn't be just for members - we should aim to give them away all over the district in Service Stations, Newsagents, etc. Build the awareness of the Eels brand and memberships will follow.

Hello Larissa,

Welcome to the forum.

I would put forward to idea's for memberships.

1) If a ticketed member has a seat undercover (Thronett / Cronin Stands) they are offered a choice of the same seat at ANZ stadium or to move to Level 4 east (near where they can sit during reciprocal rights games) to ensure they will be undercover and dry if it does rain on game day / night.

2) if it hasn't been raised before by others in the thread, there are some who would like to see the ANZ stadium games of a season ticket removed, so they can get a ticket just for Pirtek Stadium, (at of course a cheaper price). Personally I think this is were the seat warmer program would be great for those that can't get over the fact that we as a club need to grow and that means playing at larger venues that accommodate more people.

Thanks again for your time.

Hi there,

We do our best to try to allocate Members with similar seats at ANZ to that they have at Pirtek. If the seat you have at ANZ isn't where you would like it I'd encourage you to submit a seat change request when you renew.

The seat warmer program will certainly be extended to ANZ games for 2015 to further encourage potential Members who aren't keen on heading to Homebush to still join.

Thanks for your feedback. Really appreciate it.

Larissa

I quite liked this year's pack.

Decent key ring and I thought the pen was great until I bloody lost it.

I agree with HJ on the sticker and hat except I'd prefer a black or navy hat with a logo rather than a white one which would get grotty pretty quickly.

As I'm in Adelaide I get the B&G Army membership for me and my son. None of the others really give me anything I can use.

The hat we had lined up for next year was blue and gold again. I'm taking a look at the design based on some of the feedback I've received from Members. Namely a darker overall design and deeper shape.

What I'm trying to say is that the club should of reserved 50 seats for members who made the financial commitment to travel from Syd, Mel & Bris and given them a seat in the grandstand as a thank you for spending that kind of money, time etc coming to the game and making an effort.

To make your way up there and be given a seat near the dead ball line is not the way to do it, you want members coming to these games now that we are there for another 3 years.

We will definitely be revising the Members seating arrangements for future Darwin games. Being the first NRL fixture we hosted there we learnt a great deal.

Can you send or receive PM's yet Larissa?

Good question. I'll have to check.

By way of explanation, the 'other site' sends an email notification when someone replies to my thread. So it's been a little easier to keep track of their responses.

With bub I'm only back on deck part time at the moment so you'll tend to find I'm more active at the beginning of the week then drop off towards the end of the week when I'm not in :)

I have mentioned to a couple of people I know at the club that we need to be competing with the Bunny and the Bulldog with a simple white sticker as there are too many of them on cars in the Parramatta area already.

But these shouldn't be just for members - we should aim to give them away all over the district in Service Stations, Newsagents, etc. Build the awareness of the Eels brand and memberships will follow.

Yes, the sticker. It's now an Eels logo with 2015 Member below.

emjaycee

Coach
Yes, the sticker. It's now an Eels logo with 2015 Member below.

But is it plain white like the Bulldogs and the Bunnies one?

We need one that isn't just for members... but is for supporters regardless of their level of support. If we reportedly have over 500,000 supporters Australia wide, we can surely become the most recognised sporting club symbol in the country with a simple white Eel sticker that has no text and no affiliation to a particular years membership.

We need one that isn't just for members... but is for supporters regardless of their level of support. If we reportedly have over 500,000 supporters Australia wide, we can surely become the most recognised sporting club symbol in the country with a simple white Eel sticker that has no text and no affiliation to a particular years membership.

That's more of a retail line discussion. The club doesn't directly decide the products available for sale outside of our own Eels Store. The NRL holds our license so makes the decisions on what items are sold through non Eels channels.

emjaycee

Coach
That's more of a retail line discussion. The club doesn't directly decide the products available for sale outside of our own Eels Store. The NRL holds our license so makes the decisions on what items are sold through non Eels channels.

Cool. I understand. I did mention in passing to the CEO the other day so hopefully he will give it to the right team to look into - thanks.

The NRL licensing rules limit us with our Membership products. They must have 'Member' or '2015 Member' to be approved.

If I don't then I'm gonna chuck a tantrum. Probably only on here, and so it won't really be any different from my normal activity, but I'm still gonna do it.

What she means is that she's realised that her priorities should be making me happy and giving me whatever I want. As everyone can now tell, Larry's pretty insightful.

The hat we had lined up for next year was blue and gold again. I'm taking a look at the design based on some of the feedback I've received from Members. Namely a darker overall design and deeper shape.

See?

I got my hat (or the closest I could get considering design had already been done) and my sticker.

I'm the greatest at stuff.