What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New board to be announced today

super_coach

First Grade
going by reports . the meeting with potter is a termination notice handover , tigers should keep potter atleast for another try out. some players are in a bother

Amazing the board has had one meeting and their is already a leak. Potter may be heading for the chop but I doubt the new board has leaked their decision if in fact they have made one. At this stage its all wild speculation.

It least its going to give the forum a boost now that our season is dead

TYGA

Juniors
That's quite a generalisation you're making there!

See how long Potter lasts after this meeting. I'm all for women in leadership but if you are taking a line of political correctness on this forum you've come to the wrong place princess.

WT Unity

Juniors
My line is not one of political correctness! It pretty clearly points out that you make a sweeping generalisation. I would have made the same point had you made a baseless generalisation on any grounds.

That's it - no more debate because I follow the old adage - "Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience"

rex2ce

Juniors
They dont have to "terminate " Mick Potter, his contract finishes at the end of this season because the teams' results did not trigger an extension

Mario chalmers

Juniors
http://media1.sky.apac.kitd.com/POD/1/fAwDIM.mp3

interview with new chairwoman on the Big sports breakfast today.

She confirms that Potter will get his opportunity before the board.

Also confirms that the board will take a recommendation from Grant Mayer and rely on it to make the decision.

I think the nail in Potter's coffin was last saturday when Jimmy Smith interviewed Luke Brooks post game

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-quiet-for-nrl-video-ref-20140907-10dknh.html

Despite the fact the team played good footy before the injuries this season, for reasons unknown to fans the players don't rate him.

It's very important that the next coach has experience in my opinion so that the players give him some respect and we don't end up back in this position next year.

Fordy20

Juniors
Mayer's recommendation to the previous board was to re-sign Potter. He wanted it done much earlier in the year. I don't imagine much has changed.

Eddie.

Bench
Getting rid of Grant Mayer would be a step in the right direction for me. I just don't trust the bloke, he is a grandstander. He was everywhere earlier this season now he is mr.no where. He does some good things but the morale at the club is at an all time low and I blame him for that. People who have worked with him don't like him. He is a bit of a lair and has this arrogance that is hardly believable.

TYGA

Juniors
Wests Tigers Forum has it Jason Allen from the Waratahs for the head of football operations. Looking at his BIO if true would fit Mayers role.

Jason Allen joined Waratahs Rugby in November 2010 after two
years as Chief Executive of the South Australian Motor Sport
Board, the organisation responsible for Australia’s largest and
most-awarded sporting event, the Clipsal 500 V8 Supercars race.

A passionate rugby supporter, Mr Allen has over 20 years'
experience of building and growing organisations, having held a
variety of senior executive positions with blue chip companies
across Australia, including senior roles for Carlton United Breweries
and Southcorp Wines, and National General Manager of Consumer
Sales for Vodafone Australia.

Mr Allen was responsible for Vodafone’s joint major sponsorship of
the Port Adelaide AFL Club and also served on the club’s Marketing
Executive. His passion for the greater community has seen him sit
on a number of Boards, including Variety South Australia. Until
recently he was a Chairman’s Club Member and Ambassador of the
Port Adelaide AFL Club.

magpie guy

Juniors
See how long Potter lasts after this meeting. I'm all for women in leadership but if you are taking a line of political correctness on this forum you've come to the wrong place princess.

Sexist bullshit. Judge on merit you imbecile.

gallagher

Juniors
Getting rid of Grant Mayer would be a step in the right direction for me. I just don't trust the bloke, he is a grandstander. He was everywhere earlier this season now he is mr.no where. He does some good things but the morale at the club is at an all time low and I blame him for that. People who have worked with him don't like him. He is a bit of a lair and has this arrogance that is hardly believable.

Trade the name robbie farah for grant mayer in that statement and it still rings true.

rex2ce

Juniors
Interesting bit in the SMH link that they are not considering releasing Blake Austin , nor should they.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

Bench
Interesting bit in the SMH link that they are not considering releasing Blake Austin , nor should they.

Unless it is a player swap,then maybe we could benefit,Wighton,Brenko Lee or even Kennedy.

Latest posts