What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // PF1 // Fri // Rabbitohs 32-22 Roosters // ANZ

Grand Finalist #1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
This man knows.

Anyway, everyone seems to be tipping the bunnies. This is good for us, IMO

This "not being the favourites is good" thing is a myth. The teamwith the shorter odds at the bookies wins far more often than that.

Having said that I'm less confident than some neutral fans seem to be.

Danish

Referee
This week is going to be fun. Reading all the souffs fans making their big nervous posts trying to convince themselves why they'll win is great entertainment :lol:

The gameplan to beat souths has been created and proven. Take it to their forwards in the opening 20 mins, and they'll get rattled. Their plan A of bash and barge defeated, their non-existent plan B comes into effect and the points flow. Cowboys did it, we did it, and we'll do it again.

Benny77

Juniors
This "not being the favourites is good" thing is a myth. The teamwith the shorter odds at the bookies wins far more often than that.

Having said that I'm less confident than some neutral fans seem to be.

I would hardly say it's a myth. Obviously the team with the shorter odds wins more often, otherwise we would have teams like the Tigers, Titans, Sharks and Raiders at the top of the ladder. However, there are often more upsets in the bigger games, and that is why when it gets to the pointy end of the season, the underdog tag is a good thing to have. It takes a lot of pressure off and I think, for South's chances, it would be much better if they weren't the favourites as they don't exactly have the best track record in these matches.

Rabbits20

Immortal
This week is going to be fun. Reading all the souffs fans making their big nervous posts trying to convince themselves why they'll win is great entertainment :lol:

The gameplan to beat souths has been created and proven. Take it to their forwards in the opening 20 mins, and they'll get rattled. Their plan A of bash and barge defeated, their non-existent plan B comes into effect and the points flow. Cowboys did it, we did it, and we'll do it again.

Luke Keary has many plans and creativity up his sleeve.

Our back line is also a very strong plan B this year. We lacked that the past 2 years. They have pace and great energy.

Keary takes some pressure off Reynolds as well.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Souths need to save RL by winning this game and sending the Roosters and their late sipping fairy fans out the back door

yobbo84

First Grade
Am I right in saying that both teams will be at full strength? Amazing for this time of year. It's going to be a cracker and the team who can stick to their guns without getting sucked in by the niggle will win.

Issac Luke is the key IMO.

grouch

First Grade
Agree that we, as a game, need Souths to win this.

I think they'll do it by a point. Souths 13-12

Valheru

Coach
In 2013 we got the week off but couldn't take advantage. Hopefully the experience of that will make us better this time.
I think our best is better than theirs, and that should be especially true considering we'll be well rested. But none of that guarantees we won't choke.
Cautiously optimistic we can make it 3rd time lucky.

Can you please give us a head to head rundown of who is the better player from each team for the expected 1-17 this week? I always find your information is accurate and it will go a long way to telling me who will win.

Easily Souths.

To me they've been the most consistent team all year that have been playing the best football.

Roosters will be shot by 1/2 time and by fulltime will ask themselves why they actually turned up.

Mini to SBW "what were you doing here tonight?"

SBW "I looked at the TV guide and it said we were playing,so I thought I'd better turn up"

But have they been, GP? To me Souffs have kinda had two season. Pre and Post Sutton. They've looked better since Keary and Reynolds combined where as before they were plodding along. Other than their big efforts against Manly at the SCG and in the semi, they haven't really impressed that much. I reckon Penrith have probably been the more consistent team in the comp and could've finished higher if not for injuries.

ram raid

Bench
I agree with you in the sense that we don't have a Thurstonesque figure to keep us composed - the only thing giving me hope is that when we last met, Sutton was in the halves and Ben Te'o wasn't playing. That won't be the case this week.

You also had a guy in the bin for 10 mins, which is where the Roosters won it.

ram raid

Bench

Yeah but even if that happens you'll still be a dickhead.

Danish

Referee
Am I right in saying that both teams will be at full strength? Amazing for this time of year. It's going to be a cracker and the team who can stick to their guns without getting sucked in by the niggle will win.

Issac Luke is the key IMO.

I believe so, yes. We'll have Napa back from suspension so our best 1-17 will be selected. Very lucky for both teams in that regard.