What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be Wests Tigers Coach in 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Rat

Juniors
An outside back is not what we need at all.

We need backrowers who can protect Moses & Brooks!

If we don't address that, we'll leak points through them all year.

A new f**king centre doesn't solve that f**king massive issue!

Taikarangi isn't an outside back. He is a backrower and a good one. It just so happens that he's probably our best centre now as well.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know he's not.

Try and tell those who keep referring to him as a centre.

And he would not be our best centre.

other clubs are organising their rosters and starting pre-season training.

We haven't even got a bloody coach

We haven't addressed how we replace Fulton on the field.

We haven't made any singings to improve our defence

We haven't made any improvements to our back rower quality

We haven't made any improvements to our training facilities.

What the f**k are we waiting for? The Fairy Godmother?

Catch 22 isn't it? Coach employment Wests Tigers style:

1. Rush out, hire coach, turns out that they're not a great fit. Poor results ensue, 2015 becomes a write off. Board and Football GM deflect responsibility, coach gets blamed and possibly arseholed;
2. Take time to hire coach and staff of his choosing. Players start the year underdone, injuries & poor results ensue and 2015 becomes a write off. Board & Football GM deflects responsibility, coach gets blamed and possibly arseholed.

macnaz

Staff member
Im swaying toward J Taylor ... I know he has baggage , but it was one issue with one player.. im sure he is a hell of a lot more experienced and mature not to get into that position again. Plus he has ties with the Wests side and its time rightly or wrongly they go down their path. And he also has a friggin clue about the game.

macnaz

Staff member
Anyone but Parish or Payten.

I think its going to be more of same regardless , they want Payten so they will cry if its anybody else . I could live with Payten if he had a clue , but the game plans from the front rower in a halfbacks body with a coaches brain has shown otherwise .

Matchball

Bench
I sort of understand Brooks, Siro, Tedesco and Moses wanting Payten as they have a successful history but coupled that with being ex team mates with Farah, Galloway would turn the joint into a big boys club. Way way worse than the Sheens boys club.

He would have no way of controlling them all. Impossible.

magpie guy

Juniors
I sort of understand Brooks, Siro, Tedesco and Moses wanting Payten as they have a successful history but coupled that with being ex team mates with Farah, Galloway would turn the joint into a big boys club. Way way worse than the Sheens boys club.

He would have no way of controlling them all. Impossible.

Totally agree. The coach should not be and should not try to be mates with the team. The coach is supposed to be a position of power and authority. In a professional structure you are not best mates with your boss because sooner or later they are going to make a decision you don't like, or tell you to do something you don't want to do.

We also do not want a return of the in club and out club. It is not professional and in most other workplaces would lead to a host of hostile work environment HR calls.

Folkes for mine is the best choice. He has a good working history with the Tigers and wouldn't take shit from the players. At the very least I would like it if someone like Folkes was back a defence coach.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Jason Taylor, please.

If it is Payten (and Farah as assistant coach - as it will be), I'll just about give it away.

super_coach

First Grade
I dont want anyone who was connected to the 2014 campaign, would even take Mullet man in front of Kidwell and Payten.

Taylor,Brown,Griffin or my smokey Brennan from the Panthers. Those four all could do the job

If Payten gets the gig I'll give it away. We spend 3 years breaking up the boys club, then we go and make one of the boys the head coach? Please.

Parish.....didn't he coach about 5 games in the ESL and the players didn't rate him at all?

Taylor, no thanks, another dud.

I'd take almost anyone else, but Folkes would be top of my list. We need someone who will tell Robbie to swallow some cement dust when he has one of his little sooky lalas.

Delboy

First Grade
What about if you chose Parish, would be terrific for non Tigers fans

You lose 3 games in a row and Raaay would be going off, if you won 3 in succession he would also be apoplectic. Would make for a very interesting season for the rest of us

Blackdiamond

Juniors
I'd take almost anyone else, but Folkes would be top of my list. We need someone who will tell Robbie to swallow some cement dust when he has one of his little sooky lalas.

100% agree. The funny thing is, we just sacked a guy last week who fits that description.

Unless some other changes are made, it won't matter who they put in the coaching box.

A huge cultural shift needs to happen, with Mayer first to go.

Having said that, Griffin is my preferred option out of current contenders. And a big no to Payten.

Is Payten off to the Warriors?

I read that Webster the U20's coach has signed with the Warrios and thought it was perhaps a mistake when it was Payten initially announced as going across ditch.

I still don't know why people are anti Payten. Did he actually do something wrong?

Some have said they are worried about the old boys club in regards to who he played with. That would only mean, Farah, Galloway, Lawrence and Blair as old time team mates wouldn't it?

As for the former U20 guys who he saw come through, what's wrong with that. Maybe Payten with the new GM Operations or what ever the title is, will not play favourites at all.

What about Bennett he spent how long at the Broncos first time round? He was tough enough to give King Wally the flick. Not putting Payten in the same league as Bennett but who knows?

Matchball

Bench

I read that Webster the U20's coach has signed with the Warrios and thought it was perhaps a mistake when it was Payten initially announced as going across ditch.

I still don't know why people are anti Payten. Did he actually do something wrong?

Some have said they are worried about the old boys club in regards to who he played with. That would only mean, Farah, Galloway, Lawrence and Blair as old time team mates wouldn't it?

As for the former U20 guys who he saw come through, what's wrong with that. Maybe Payten with the new GM Operations or what ever the title is, will not play favourites at all.

What about Bennett he spent how long at the Broncos first time round? He was tough enough to give King Wally the flick. Not putting Payten in the same league as Bennett but who knows?

It's a disaster waiting to happen.
Nathan Brown/Dragons era as coach is why we don't give the job to Payten.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I noticed Cartwright's name in an article this morning. A name I had not considered but think he could be a good choice. He did some good things in his tenure at GC and maybe, like Sheens, had just stayed on a bit too long.

I just hope it's someone with experience who can pull Farah into line when he tries to run the place.

super_coach

First Grade

Webster our u20s coach got the gig at the Warriors that Payten was rumored to have been offered, so maybe Payten was offered another job to keep him in Sydney, if so lets hope its not the head coaching job at Camp Concord

Status
Not open for further replies.