What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 X 9 team conference system

Noise

Coach
We don't have enough good first grade players with 16 teams. How are we going to find 50-100 more first graders for 18-20 teams

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Exactly. Cut out Sharks, and Tigers clubs completely. Give a licence to Brisbane and Perth. This would free up a bit of the Broncos stranglehold on Friday night games and would the W.A team would mean more money next time the TV deal comes along.

These two teams provide nothing to the NRL.

Y2Eel

First Grade
We don't have enough good first grade players with 16 teams. How are we going to find 50-100 more first graders for 18-20 teams

I hate the comment there isnt enough good players..

You need good Admin and coaches then you will get a good team.. You think the Dogs would have made the GF with any other coach in charge..

The teams that have struggled this year have had issues off the field this year...

You are always going to get shitty teams if you have 4 teams or 40..

Noise

Coach
Yes but you get more shitty teams if you have 40 of them. And where are we getting these awesome coaches for these new teams to transform all these average players? It seems first grade coaches must be pretty shit because every year there is a revolving door of coaches.

strider

Post Whore
Yes but you get more shitty teams if you have 40 of them. And where are we getting these awesome coaches for these new teams to transform all these average players? It seems first grade coaches must be pretty shit because every year there is a revolving door of coaches.

theres plenty of people with big heads to go round

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
The nrl need to cull 2 more teams.

Cut the sharks.

Merge the tigers with penrith.

Play each team twice, home and away for TRUE competition.

No expansion. Dont have enough quality players for it.

We finally field a true home and away comp and have enough quality players to showcase our great game

I have some rule changes that would perfect the game, but will only discuss them if i have enough support from pou pou

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As long as you make clear that the ideas you post are your own and don't reflect the views of the rest of the posters here.

goodplayer

Juniors
Exactly. Cut out Sharks, and Tigers clubs completely. Give a licence to Brisbane and Perth. This would free up a bit of the Broncos stranglehold on Friday night games and would the W.A team would mean more money next time the TV deal comes along.

These two teams provide nothing to the NRL.

fully agree. all the rich money gold mine. is the next TV deal. perth, brisbane , QLD, NZ , all need new , added teams . for the massive tv deal :cool:

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
As long as you make clear that the ideas you post are your own and don't reflect the views of the rest of the posters here.

Ok pou, you have inspired me.

Rule change no1: No video ref apart from 2 capt challenges

no 2: 6 man interchange only for each team

no 3: back to 1 on field ref.

no 4: expand the playing field by half metre on each side.

BIG 5: stripping is allowed in all tackles regardless of how many players involved untill player is called held. This will eliminate the incosistent calls that can go either way with constant hands on the ball from players trying to wrap the ball up in defence. Thus, this will promote more ball movement from boring forward hit up game plans and open the game from the more predictable crap we have been witnessing lately. This will result in the ball changing over more frequently and the modern territorial game(playing for penalties) will be diminished.

T.S Quint

Coach
BIG 5: stripping is allowed in all tackles regardless of how many players involved untill player is called held. This will eliminate the incosistent calls that can go either way with constant hands on the ball from players trying to wrap the ball up in defence. Thus, this will promote more ball movement from boring forward hit up game plans and open the game from the more predictable crap we have been witnessing lately. This will result in the ball changing over more frequently and the modern territorial game(playing for penalties) will be diminished.

You don't think there will be inconsistent calls if stripping is allowed?
Each time a ball is stripped the ref has to decide whether the player who raked it out did so towards his own in-goals and therefore knocked it on. Most times it will look like a 50/50 call.
It will also lead to an incredibly scrappy game with no offloads and little meters made. Kicking contests will come back - boy those were exciting. :roll:

With there being no offloads, the defences don't have to worry about anyone but the one bloke running the ball - expect more defenders in the tackle.

The best way to cut down on the inconsistent calls is to let the video ref adjudicate on strips in the field of play. Or we could just realise that refs make mistakes and deal with it.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
[QUOTI agree the game needs more turnovers. At the moment it's far too grindy.[/QUOTE]

Way too grindy pou.

I miss the olden days where the ball can get won against the scrum feed or the rake in the play the ball.

It added to the excitement and unpredictability.

The last decade in particular has been dominated by teams with big forward packs who punch through opposition defensive lines with one up hit ups, and then backlines will come into the game when in the attacking zone. So f**king predictable.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
You don't think there will be inconsistent calls if stripping is allowed?
Each time a ball is stripped the ref has to decide whether the player who raked it out did so towards his own in-goals and therefore knocked it on. Most times it will look like a 50/50 call.
It will also lead to an incredibly scrappy game with no offloads and little meters made. Kicking contests will come back - boy those were exciting. :roll:

With there being no offloads, the defences don't have to worry about anyone but the one bloke running the ball - expect more defenders in the tackle.

The best way to cut down on the inconsistent calls is to let the video ref adjudicate on strips in the field of play. Or we could just realise that refs make mistakes and deal with it.

With the stripping, it wont matter if the ball is propelled forward in my interpretation. And it will add a new skill element to the players. I know it will seem that the ball will be getting stripped every tackle, but it wont. Opppsition players will have to evaluate in a split second wether to go for a strip, or make the tackle. A forward will be vulnerable to getting stripped in the early hitups, and either take the tackle clutching the ball or offload but as the game wears on, and when on the front foot, the opposition will be struggling to tackle a player let alone trying to strip the ball.

It might sound crazy, but just think about it. It will add to the excitement.

I agree that the game will be scrappy, but so is afl, yet its the most popular game in the country.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
And to add to my unique and pioneering rule change, it will eliminate the god damn league destroying "wrestle".

Wether you hate my idea or love it (like pou does), you have to admit that the wrestle is absof**kinglutely killing our great game.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
Btw, have i ever mentioned that i cannot believe it but im starting to like hayne again....

He was so mature at the dally m's and his praise for his coaching staff was to be admired. I was so proud of him.

I even forgave him for his snobbing of my niece at a fan day.

Your in my good books for now f**kface.

Dont anger me again.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't love your idea. I just agree the game needs more turnovers. I think there's probably better ways to do it than by allowing free for all stripping of the ball.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The way forward in rugby league is perfectly simple:

(1) only allow the number 7 to kick the ball, but only ever as a bomb, and only when nobody else on his own team is expecting if;

(2) replace boring, gay tackles with high intensity arse slaps (six arse slaps constitutes a "set", and six sets constitutes a "ringadoo", culminating in the ball being turned over to the opposition, regardless of current play);

(3) have every NRL team hire a former pro wrestler who couldn't wrestle to be their wrestling coach. So far, the list includes:

Goldberg
Roman Reigns
Kenzo Suzuki
Zach Gowen
Hardcore Bob Holly
Adrian Adonis
Brian Knobbs

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
I don't love your idea. I just agree the game needs more turnovers. I think there's probably better ways to do it than by allowing free for all stripping of the ball.

So give us a better way pou.

Its easy to ridicule guys like me who are common folk trying to instill ideas to try benefit our great game that we love and adore.

Your up pou

I look forward to your counter argument.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
The way forward in rugby league is perfectly simple:

(1) only allow the number 7 to kick the ball, but only ever as a bomb, and only when nobody else on his own team is expecting if;

(2) replace boring, gay tackles with high intensity arse slaps (six arse slaps constitutes a "set", and six sets constitutes a "ringadoo", culminating in the ball being turned over to the opposition, regardless of current play);

(3) have every NRL team hire a former pro wrestler who couldn't wrestle to be their wrestling coach. So far, the list includes:

Goldberg
Roman Reigns
Kenzo Suzuki
Zach Gowen
Hardcore Bob Holly
Adrian Adonis
Brian Knobbs

Add Ultimate Warrior

He was the biggest phoney...........actually, he might be darcy lussick

Latest posts