What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Gone, is it time to go all out for Israel!!!!

Hoofhearted

Juniors
There has been a couple of rumours going around (Radio gossip i know!!!) that Izzy is not happy in Union at the moment with everything happening at the Wannabies. He has ties with Parra through his brother and obviously wanted to play there previously, with Hayne gone and David Smith's discretionary powers is it time to go all out and get him back?

Canard

Immortal
That sort of thread title is likely to get LU on the top of the ISIL hit list.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It's time to seriously consider the current state of the salary cap and this dumbshit attitude about code loyalty, I know that much.

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
How can people moan about loyalty when everyone of us has or would quit their job to move for more money.

Nobody cares about the players when their career is over and they are struggling for cash so they have to do what's best for them, who cares what the fans think.

Canard

Immortal
It's time to seriously consider the current state of the salary cap and this dumbshit attitude about code loyalty, I know that much.

But he hasn't even signed a contract, its not about money.

And how could the NRL get in a arms race with the NFL? It would be like the Zimbabwean Space program trying to pay more money to NASA Astronauts.

Usain Bolt

Bench
There is something majorly wrong with RL.

We cannot keep on losing big name players.

There's nothing wrong with RL. It's just that globally, it's the smallest of the codes (RU, RL, NFL) and players who become superstars want new challenges and exposure

butchmcdick

Immortal
There has been a couple of rumours going around (Radio gossip i know!!!) that Izzy is not happy in Union at the moment with everything happening at the Wannabies. He has ties with Parra through his brother and obviously wanted to play there previously, with Hayne gone and David Smith's discretionary powers is it time to go all out and get him back?

Didn't parra drop his brother like a hot turd once Izzy signed with union ?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
But he hasn't even signed a contract, its not about money.

And how could the NRL get in a arms race with the NFL? It would be like the Zimbabwean Space program trying to pay more money to NASA Astronauts.

If we can't compete with them financially, which we obviously can't, we need to do our best to make the code more attractive...ON TOP of providing the financial advantages to back it up.

The NRL MUST introduce a marquee player exemption in the cap and they have to do it now. And that's just the start of the dramatic changes.

Canard

Immortal
If we can't compete with them financially, which we obviously can't, we need to do our best to make the code more attractive...ON TOP of providing the financial advantages to back it up.

The NRL MUST introduce a marquee player exemption in the cap and they have to do it now. And that's just the start of the dramatic changes.

They have it now.

Read the recent news, Smith is quoted as saying he spoke to Hayne about it, and he wasn't interested.

The failing in your reasoning is that money solves everything.

DC_fan

Coach
As I have said for I don't know how long now, the sporting world has become so much smaller. It's not League against Rugby Union and Australian Rules anymore, it's League up against every other sport played in the world.

Hayne made his decision to try out the NFL, not because of the money but because he wants to test himself in another sport that he has a passion for. The fact that it's played in another country halfway around the world is irrelevant to him.

Thirty or forty years ago most Australians would not have even heard of or known anything about the NFL. Today with cable TV and more so with the internet every sport is beamed in to our homes regardless of where it is played. The NFL has a good number of supporters here and if Hayne succeeds in the NFL then that number will only grow. His success could even open up the opportunity for other Aussies to try there luck in the US.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'm not exactly sure what the NRL could have done tbh. If a guy wants a crack at NFL how can they stop them really.

souths_pride

Juniors
As I have said for I don't know how long now, the sporting world has become so much smaller. It's not League against Rugby Union and Australian Rules anymore, it's League up against every other sport played in the world.

Hayne made his decision to try out the NFL, not because of the money but because he wants to test himself in another sport that he has a passion for. The fact that it's played in another country halfway around the world is irrelevant to him.

Thirty or forty years ago most Australians would not have even heard of or known anything about the NFL. Today with cable TV and more so with the internet every sport is beamed in to our homes regardless of where it is played. The NFL has a good number of supporters here and if Hayne succeeds in the NFL then that number will only grow. His success could even open up the opportunity for other Aussies to try there luck in the US.
Great post mate! I agree 100% with you. Also, as for signing Israel Folau, didn't he just recently sign like a 4 year extension with the ARU or something?

Latest posts