What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

spiderdan

Bench
Good point. I've only seen that a couple of times. When I see the name I think of that stupid movie Charlie Sheen was in. It had a Zucker or something but it was rubbish. Gonna download that.
hot shots? had its moments but i wasn't a big fan of that one. the zucker brothers also did the kentucky fried movie i think, wasn't their best work but the supplies sketch made me laugh.

The toilet scene in the first one is possibly one if the greatest scenes in movie history- it was like watching myself, instead I blow arse normally at the start.
:lol:

hot shots? had its moments but i wasn't a big fan of that one. the zucker brothers also did the kentucky fried movie i think, wasn't their best work but the supplies sketch made me laugh.
That's the one. Just recently got Kentucky Fried but am yet to watch all of it.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yep, you can only advance the ball forward if it hasn't passed the line of scrimmage.
Backwards passes are fine though, but rarely used since the punishment for a turnover is too great.

Yep, you can only advance the ball forward if it hasn't passed the line of scrimmage.
Backwards passes are fine though, but rarely used since the punishment for a turnover is too great.

That's true but the rules re kicking are separate. You cannot deliberately kick the ball in any direction unless you are behind the line of scrimmage. E.g. even the ball has been fumbled and is lying live on the ground beyond the line of scrimmage, if you intentionally kick it that is a penalty.

The other issue is that the kicking team can't be first touch the ball after a kick that goes beyond the line of scrimmage (they often do....this simply results in a dead ball and possession going to the receiving team at the spot of the foul....so you see the kick team send guys downfield and try to down a punt near the end zone).

Last edited:
Can I get some opinions from some people in the know?

Three games this weekend. Please rank them in terms of likelihood:

Houston beating Tennessee;
Indianapolis beating Pittsburgh;
Detroit beating Atlanta.

Cheers.

The Detroit game is in London HJ, so be careful of that one. Funny shit happens when teams play out of the country.

Houston
Detroit
Indianapolis (I actually think Pittsburgh are a real shot.....playing on real grass outdoors isn't so much indianapolis' thing)

Kornstar

Coach
The Detroit game is in London HJ, so be careful of that one. Funny shit happens when teams play out of the country.

Houston
Detroit
Indianapolis (I actually think Pittsburgh are a real shot.....playing on real grass outdoors isn't so much indianapolis' thing)

Houston should win easily, the Titans are garbage!
Indianapolis will give it a red hot go but are missing Wayne and probably Richardson (yes I know probably not a big loss, but still a running back loss all the same), I get the feeling the Steelers will get this one though
Lions should win on form

Thanks for the input.

I had a Free Bet on Luxbet that I needed to put on something paying $1.50 or more and those three games were just over $1.50. I've put $186 on Houston @ $1.56.

Fingers crossed.

T.S Quint

Coach
Steelers have been a bit out of sorts this year.
I reckon the Colts are more than a good chance of winning.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Stateless have been a bit out of sorts this year.
I reckon the Colts are more than a good chance of winning.

That's what i'm hoping, The Parra supporter in me just can't ever expect a win, even though we've just won 5 games straight and the defence are killing it at the moment!

hindy111

Post Whore
Thanks for the input.

I had a Free Bet on Luxbet that I needed to put on something paying $1.50 or more and those three games were just over $1.50. I've put $186 on Houston @ $1.56.

Fingers crossed.

I think Houstan are just as Garbage as Tennesse....They probably still win but the odds aren't very enticing away from home...

Colts should have to much points for the steelers-There attacks woefull.

Tottenham at home are appealing to me at $1.70.Love those odds

But looking at NFL I like all of these.
- Greenbay at $2.17 (prob best overs of all games)
- Phili at $2.10
- Bengals at $2.07-This would be my tip of week.Not sure why but its a must win for the Bengals.There at home and have a good record against Bally.There two losses have come too a desperate patriots and a red hot Colts side.And they stunk it up last week.They cant play that bad.Bengals have also won 12 in a row at home prior to there draw with Carolina...
My bet of the week ; )

TheParraboy

Staff member
Is there a side from Canada in the NFL?, (kinda like The Warriors playing in the NRL really)

Id like to go for that side

Latest posts