What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the most over-rated player in the NRL?

RaVS

Juniors
There are two for mine that stand-out superbly

1) Daniel Tupou. What is soo special about this guy?

2) James Tamou. I'm a cowboys supporter, however don't understand how he has played for Australia and Origin for NSW. NEVER seen the guy run the ball hard, looks soft in comparison to his fellow prop Matt Scott.

Which players do you guys think are over-rated?

Wizardman

First Grade
Daniel Tupou was really good in the air.....other than that, I find him pretty average.

I think most people have not rated James Tamou this season.

Toops is a beast, great in the air, fast, good finisher, makes good yards coming out of our own line, adept in defence. He's a real confidence player, if he gets an early try he'll be unstoppable for most of the match. One of the best pure wingers around IMO, and seems like a good guy.

However I'll say Peta Hiku, seems a decent player but I can't see what makes him special.

Wizardman

First Grade
Toops is a beast, great in the air, fast, good finisher, makes good yards coming out of our own line, adept in defence. He's a real confidence player, if he gets an early try he'll be unstoppable for most of the match. One of the best pure wingers around IMO, and seems like a good guy.

However I'll say Peta Hiku, seems a decent player but I can't see what makes him special.

Totally agree with Hiku

alien

Referee
probably luke brooks. i dont know how such a poor defender got rookie of the year over alex johnston o_O

alien

Referee
cant wait to see what happens when moses (also a poor defender) is in the side next year. 2 turnstiles to run through, one on either side, and poor centres and 2nd rowers to help them out. you know it makes sense... :)

Adam Docker. I don't want him in the Panthers 17 and he made the first Australian squad. He can hit for sure but is actually a poor defender with how he rushes out of the line looking to hit every tackle and ends up creating gaps. Also offers nothing with the ball

maple_69

Bench
Tupou had a great 2013 and Tamou a great 2012. Since then they've been average but certainly have it in them to be quality players. Hiku was fantastic on Saturday.

Vic Mackey

Referee
cant wait to see what happens when moses (also a poor defender) is in the side next year. 2 turnstiles to run through, one on either side, and poor centres and 2nd rowers to help them out. you know it makes sense... :)

Except that you know, Moses is actually quiet a good defender.

Can you please just f**k off, you clearly don't like or know anything about rugby league.

mxlegend99

Referee
Agreed on Tupou. Yeah hes a giant and a good aerial target. But when teams arent making the most of that hds just an average winger... and honestly it doesnt seem often they kick to him anymore.

Hopefully he loses his spot in the NSW team. Our halves are shit and wouldnt waste their single try assist forthe series on kicking to Tupou.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think Hiku is overrated on the wing but he can become a good sort at fullback. I believe that's his natural position anyway.

Most overrated XII 2014 (just my opinion, remember)

1. Ben Barba
2. James McManus
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Jamal Idris
5. Daniel Tupou
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Beau Scott
12. Sam Thaiday