What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the most over-rated player in the NRL?

some11

Referee
Sione Mata'utia - a promising talent. But has just been named on the wing for Australia ahead of Daniel Tupou and Alex Johnston after only 7 games.

He hasnt earned this spot IMO.I just hope he lives up to expectations or Australia are gone.

If we get bundled out it wont be his fault.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Alex Johnson = the next Wolfman

Great debut season playing in a winning team scoring lots of tries. However it appears I'm the only person who has noticed that the vast majority of them he just fell over even though the line to score them. In between those tries I saw him blow a fair few chances and also look a liability in defense.

Somehow he has gone on to make the Australian squad as a rookie.

I'm prepared to say in 3-4 years time he will be a battling first grader/journey man type player

Charlie124

First Grade

Great debut season playing in a winning team scoring lots of tries. However it appears I'm the only person who has noticed that the vast majority of them he just fell over even though the line to score them. In between those tries I saw him blow a fair few chances and also look a liability in defense.

I'm prepared to say in 3-4 years time he will be a battling first grader/journey man type player

Wolfman was still a talented winger until his body broke down.

Johnston is more like the next Andrew Everingham

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Ben Hunt

# Sat on the bench for 90% of his career
# So bad that he lost out a position to Corey Norman after Darren Plod's retirement
# Best achievement was cracking the starting team after 4 years on the bench and finishing alongside a dopey Eels team despite the fact his team has so much SOO and International experience whilst the Eels only have wooden spoon experience
# In talks for the "Benchwarmers" remake

Vic Mackey

Referee

So I'm not the only one who sees it. I still hate how the media blow their load over a guy who fell over the line 15 times this year. He may well turn out to be a very good player, but Daniel fitzhenry would have scored the tries Johnson did this year.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Nightingale is class.

So he bombed one try... doesn't make him overrated.

IMO he is a very complete winger. Not fast; but he is an underrated dummy half runner when bringing the ball back from inside the 20, a good defender, great under the high ball and a clinical finisher.

I'd take him at the Roosters in a heartbeat.

maple_69

Bench
Gallen. Phenomenal player but I feel like he hinders his team as much as he helps them. If he pulled his head in and played 60 minutes of tough stuff, he'd have a chance at being an immortal.

Noname36

First Grade
If we get bundled out it wont be his fault.

Oh no, didn't you hear? If Australia get bundled out it will be all the 18-year-old winger's fault...who didn't even play in the first derp fest. Nothing to do with only one prop getting chosen in the whole side 2 weeks in a row :lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Gallen. Phenomenal player but I feel like he hinders his team as much as he helps them. If he pulled his head in and played 60 minutes of tough stuff, he'd have a chance at being an immortal.

I don't think he's overrated.

But I definitely agree he hinders the team.

His teammates give him too much respect, & are never willing to overrule him. Plays his best footy for Australia, where doesn't get to make the calls.

MacDougall

First Grade
Cam Smith is easily the most overrated player in the history of the game.

Brilliant player but he's rated as one of the greatest of all time and I don't understand why.