What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notional top 25 and notional contract values

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hey guys, any of you merkins feel like an argument? Well do I have the thread for you.

This post contains the currently 38 man fulltime squad (which is subject to change).

If there are no more additions to the squad then 25 of those will form the top 25. I have unilaterally decided the following players comprise the top 25, and I have also completely made up contract values for them. Obviously I believe some of these guys are overpaid while some might even be underpaid (and some underpaid players such as Pauli fall outside my list) but these are the contract I believe they are on:

$700k Watmough (assuming a front loading after Hayne's release)
$500k Hopoate
$500k Sandow
$400k Norman
$300k Lussick
$300k Mannah
$300k Ma'u
$300k Peats
$300k Takairangi
$250k Radradra (I tried to round these to the nearest $100k but $250k was the number thrown around so I went with it)
$200k Allgood
$200k Champion
$200k Edwards
$200k Fa'aoso
$200k Gower
$200k Morgan
$200k Mossop
$200k Paulo Jr
$150k De Gois
$150k Paulo Joe
$150k Terepo (I couldn't split $100k-$200k with these three)
$100k Moeroa
$100k Robinson
$100k Toutai
$100k Wicks

That comes to $6.3M, which is one good first grader (about $250k) short of next year's cap.

I believe that the top 17 (and the top 25) will be finalised after the trials, with upgrades to some guys currently in the top 25 (possibly including extensions to those that are off contract, such as Hopoate, Sandow, Champion and Wicks) or even upgrades to those currently outside the top 25 if they perform well in the pre-season (e.g. Pauli, Goodall, Faraimo). Obviously this could push some guys out of the top 25, meaning we will have players outside the top 25 on higher than the minimum salary, which says a lot about our depth.

It also means any money we have left out of the cap won't necessarily be used to buy another player worth that amount. More likely is that it will be used for upgrades/retention.

Have at it merkins! What do youse think these guys are on? Which players do you think are overpaid and which would be on unders? Is the club really run by idiots and will we sell less memberships than this year? (Currently over 3000 already)

strider

Post Whore
$400K Lussick (overpaid cos he once punched some merkin)
$400K+ Mannah
$200K Ma'u
$150K Takairangi
$150K Fa'aoso
$150K Moeroa

So I come up $50K less overall ..... so yeah - all guesswork

The Colonel

Immortal
Guess work at its finest. Not worth an argument with you Pou. Better things to do with my time than argue with someone who will never admit defeat...

Far Canal

Juniors
Appreciate you put some thought into this but maybe you have had one too many uppercuts to the head.

Not sure how you put Brad Takairangi at 300k but in any event it is a pretty futile exercise as these are not official numbers so no use having a constructive discussion on this - you f**ked up merkin. :D

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Guess work at its finest. Not worth an argument with you Pou. Better things to do with my time than argue with someone who will never admit defeat...

Who ever admitted defeat on the internet? Who decided who was right and who was wrong?

Are you going to show me proof that I guessed some players salary wrong? :lol: wanker

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
$400K Lussick (overpaid cos he once punched some merkin)
$400K+ Mannah
$200K Ma'u
$150K Takairangi
$150K Fa'aoso
$150K Moeroa

So I come up $50K less overall ..... so yeah - all guesswork

But it's a guess we can at least agree is realistic. I reckon your figures might be right, and a $50k total over five players is f**k all.

Do you think it's possible we might have already spent close to our cap?

Avenger

Immortal

Only if you admit that I was right about the Watmough signing maybe 6
Months ago and that my gut feel is stuff of legend. I'm also predicting Hayne will back and Foran will be ours in 2016.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Only if you admit that I was right about the Watmough signing maybe 6
Months ago

Scooped by six months:

Significant loss that will be announced next year: Fuifui Moimoi
As above, but signing: Anthony Watmough

and that my gut feel is stuff of legend. I'm also predicting Hayne will back and Foran will be ours in 2016.

Agree on Foran but Hayne won't be back. Not at the Eels anyway.

Jodeci

Bench
Hey guys, any of you merkins feel like an argument? Well do I have the thread for you.

This post contains the currently 38 man fulltime squad (which is subject to change).

If there are no more additions to the squad then 25 of those will form the top 25. I have unilaterally decided the following players comprise the top 25, and I have also completely made up contract values for them. Obviously I believe some of these guys are overpaid while some might even be underpaid (and some underpaid players such as Pauli fall outside my list) but these are the contract I believe they are on:

$700k Watmough (assuming a front loading after Hayne's release)
$500k Hopoate
$500k Sandow
$400k Norman
$300k Lussick
$300k Mannah
$300k Ma'u
$300k Peats
$300k Takairangi
$250k Radradra (I tried to round these to the nearest $100k but $250k was the number thrown around so I went with it)
$200k Allgood
$200k Champion
$200k Edwards
$200k Fa'aoso
$200k Gower
$200k Morgan
$200k Mossop
$200k Paulo Jr
$150k De Gois
$150k Paulo Joe
$150k Terepo (I couldn't split $100k-$200k with these three)
$100k Moeroa
$100k Robinson
$100k Toutai
$100k Wicks

That comes to $6.3M, which is one good first grader (about $250k) short of next year's cap.

I believe that the top 17 (and the top 25) will be finalised after the trials, with upgrades to some guys currently in the top 25 (possibly including extensions to those that are off contract, such as Hopoate, Sandow, Champion and Wicks) or even upgrades to those currently outside the top 25 if they perform well in the pre-season (e.g. Pauli, Goodall, Faraimo). Obviously this could push some guys out of the top 25, meaning we will have players outside the top 25 on higher than the minimum salary, which says a lot about our depth.

It also means any money we have left out of the cap won't necessarily be used to buy another player worth that amount. More likely is that it will be used for upgrades/retention.

Have at it merkins! What do youse think these guys are on? Which players do you think are overpaid and which would be on unders? Is the club really run by idiots and will we sell less memberships than this year? (Currently over 3000 already)

You've done well Pou.

Semi is $250,000 for 4 yrs and he can't earn a cent more or less cause it's locked.

Hoppa $500 is spot on. His current deal doesn't have any 3rd party.

Most of them are close to the mark.

Latest posts