What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // 4N Wk 2 // Sun 4pm // AUS 16-12 ENG // AAMI

4 Nations Game 4: Australia v England

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bronco18

Juniors
10592809_722337057814257_1004465450103346986_n.jpg

:lol: 10/10

some11

Referee
Just got home and completely missed the game, saw some highlights - this did he or didn't he is a complete afterthought, watching it in real time there's no control whatsoever.

I reckon there was a remote control inside the ball and the ref controlled it so that Hall did not score...you all have it wrong.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I reckon there was a remote control inside the ball and the ref controlled it so that Hall did not score...you all have it wrong.
No, it was just the Aussie video ref disallowing the try to allow Australia to win the game and avoid being knocked out of the tournament.

Evil Homer

Staff member
It could be that ?...we need this debate raging unit next season IMO.
There's no debate.

Untitled-1a.jpg

If you objectively think that isn't a try then you're a legit genius. Australia cheated, simple as that, end of debate. They appointed their own refs despite a policy for neutral referees, and then the refs screwed England at the end of the game. The sad thing is how many Aussie fans seem to be happy to defend cheating. Whatever, enjoy your 'win'.

no name

Coach
The frames you post above give me enough reason to say it isn't a try.
The ball from frame 2 to frame 3 goes upwards. If Hall grounded it or had 'downward pressure' wouldn't the ball go downwards?

Worse tries have been given, but I still think this ones a no try.

Evil Homer

Staff member
The frames you post above give me enough reason to say it isn't a try.
The ball from frame 2 to frame 3 goes upwards. If Hall grounded it or had 'downward pressure' wouldn't the ball go downwards?

Worse tries have been given, but I still think this ones a no try.
His hand is still on the ball so what difference does it make? His hand is on top of the ball on the ground, his finger is bending back from the pressure he's putting on the ball. If there's no downward pressure then that means Hall is defying the laws of physics and human anatomy. Stop kidding yourself and just accept that Australia cheated. The whole thing could have been avoided if Australia hadn't demanded their own officials and used neutral refs, which is what they agreed to prior to the tournament.

blaza88z

Coach
His hand is still on the ball so what difference does it make? His hand is on top of the ball on the ground, his finger is bending back from the pressure he's putting on the ball. If there's no downward pressure then that means Hall is defying the laws of physics and human anatomy. Stop kidding yourself and just accept that Australia cheated. The whole thing could have been avoided if Australia hadn't demanded their own officials and used neutral refs, which is what they agreed to prior to the tournament.

if he had any pressure what so ever on that ball then in frame 3 the far side of the ball as taken in the photo would be sloped downwards as his hand as you claim is on the far side of the ball in frame 2, simply having a frame where his hand is on the ball isn't enough to prove he had pressure on the ball

go sit on a see-saw if you need to understand how this works

you're clutching at straws here and I am sure deep down behind all that bias you know it, you just need to remove the goggles

Canard

Immortal
There's no debate.

Untitled-1a.jpg

If you objectively think that isn't a try then you're a legit genius. Australia cheated, simple as that, end of debate. They appointed their own refs despite a policy for neutral referees, and then the refs screwed England at the end of the game. The sad thing is how many Aussie fans seem to be happy to defend cheating. Whatever, enjoy your 'win'.

I didn't think it was a try, neither did the English players, the onfield officials or anyone at the ground until they started showing the replays.

I would have been happy with it to be ruled a drop out, but your clips cleary show that it was off England last, so that ended up being the technical ruling.

You know how you are claiming its the "end of the debate". Guess what?

mxlegend99

Referee
How many times does it need to be said. There's no downward pressure. Those frames confirm it if you look at frame 2, then at what has happened since then in frame 3.

The tip of his finger brushes the end of the ball which is already leaving the ground and continues to do so after he brushes it, bending his fingers back. as the referee explained, the ball was rising.

The end his finger touches is slightly off the ground in frame 2, and moreso in frame 3. If he had any pressure it changes the bounce of the ball and the other end lifts first.

Onfield explanation was correct. The ball was rising. That bent his fingers, not downward pressure. No try. Knock on.

Evil Homer

Staff member
if he had any pressure what so ever on that ball then in frame 3 the far side of the ball as taken in the photo would be sloped downwards as his hand as you claim is on the far side of the ball in frame 2, simply having a frame where his hand is on the ball isn't enough to prove he had pressure on the ball

go sit on a see-saw if you need to understand how this works

you're clutching at straws here and I am sure deep down behind all that bias you know it, you just need to remove the goggles
The ball is on the ground with his fingers pressing down on top of it, how the f**k is that not a try? His finger is bent backwards FFS, how is his finger supposed to bend backwards like that if he didn't have downward pressure on the ball, do you think Hall is double-jointed? It doesn't matter if the ball is 'rising', it's on the ground with his hand pressing down on top of it. That's a try by the definition of the rule.

I'm not biased at all BTW, I don't support England, I'm just sick of f**king Aussie cheats. And defending cheating means you're personally a cheat yourself. People still trying to claiming that it wasn't a try because Hall didn't celebrate, even though the video ref showed it to be a try :lol: Get a f**king grip.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
The ball is on the ground with his fingers pressing down on top of it, how the f**k is that not a try? His finger is bent backwards FFS, how is his finger supposed to bend backwards like that if he didn't have downward pressure on the ball, do you think Hall is double-jointed? It doesn't matter if the ball is 'rising', it's on the ground with his hand pressing down on top of it. That's a try by the definition of the rule.

I'm not biased at all BTW, I don't support England, I'm just sick of f**king Aussie cheats. And defending cheating means you're personally a cheat yourself. People still trying to claiming that it wasn't a try because Hall didn't celebrate, even though the video ref showed it to be a try :lol: Get a f**king grip.
Its not a try because the ball was rising and bent his fingers backwards as it brushed his finger tip. Your screenshots confirm this.

A finger nail brushing the ball is not pressure. Onfield ref made the onlt call he could, video referee confirmed it.

Evil Homer

Staff member
There is nothing in the rules about whether the 'ball is rising' or not, that's just something that has been made up today to try and justify Australian cheating. If it was off the ground and there was separation then yeah, that would be a knock on, but that clearly isn't the case, it's on the ground and his fingers are pushing it down. And yeah, a fingernail brushing the ball downwards is pressure, it isn't very much but you don't need to slam the ball down to score a try, the rules don't state that you need to apply a certain amount of pressure to score.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
There is nothing in the rules about whether the 'ball is rising' or not, that's just something that has been made up today to try and justify Australian cheating. If it was off the ground and there was separation then yeah, that would be a knock on, but that clearly isn't the case, it's on the ground and his fingers are pushing it down.
:lol:

The end he is touching is in the air and continues to lift. If he had pressure the other end would lift first. No downward pressure. Those frames confirm it. No try.

At the very least, the evidence is inconclusive. So you cant overrule the onfield referee anyway.

Latest posts